Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 10:29 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,357,896 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Lately I've discovered when they don't want me, and I bounce, they come back later wanting to pursue me. With experience, they just realize they are attracted to guys that treat them poorly. It's all psychological, but it's things they can change. As people, we just have to want to change and most of us are stubborn as mules. That's what makes people so great!
It's funny - but I'm kind of the opposite of that. If I sense someone is attracted to me, it makes them seem more attractive to me. If someone seems like they couldn't care less about me - I don't want to be around them as much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 10:49 AM

4,828 posts, read 4,323,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewdrop93 View Post
It's funny - but I'm kind of the opposite of that. If I sense someone is attracted to me, it makes them seem more attractive to me. If someone seems like they couldn't care less about me - I don't want to be around them as much.
My motto is, and I know this DOES sound a little arrogant, but if he's better than me, look me up in two years and we can compare our lives. NOTE I DON'T TELL THEM THIS. It's how I mentally deal with being rejected. He's better than me now, but he's not better than me in the future. It sounds childish, but everyone has their ways to keep from chasing people that aren't interested in them. I'm getting interest from a woman now, because she bit into the forbidden fruit, and it was worms. I told her we would likely just remain friends. I ONLY have her attention more now, because she got burned. If things would have worked out with the guys she was pursuing, I wouldn't have heard back from her. She started seeking me out again, because I was a decent human being, I just wasn't insatiable. I'm not up to being her sloppy seconds, but I am ok with garnering a female friend and another perspective that isn't dominated by my male friends...

Old 02-19-2014, 10:52 AM

17,673 posts, read 22,857,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
You know, I've found that too (that men are more open to being approached and that a lot more women, than men, seem cold). But the women who are friendly are just as friendly as the men. And men can be just as cold at times as some of the women. I also find that men are more willing to be spontaneously "crazy." I once played a version of "tag" with a man in the grocery store. We kept running into each other and saying. "Tag! you're it!" Then the one of us who was it tried to hunt down the other. It all ended when we had to check out and we waved good-bye.

But I am not always so weird. I also to the more socially acceptable thing with complimenting people on the necklaces, dresses, ties, suits, etc. I am selective with my weirdness

We used to play "Hide & Go Seek" in the furniture dept of a department store......heehee......

Sometimes ended up in a dressing room, next dept over..

Old 02-19-2014, 11:02 AM

21,192 posts, read 25,357,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
My motto is, and I know this DOES sound a little arrogant, but if he's better than me, look me up in two years and we can compare our lives. NOTE I DON'T TELL THEM THIS. It's how I mentally deal with being rejected. He's better than me now, but he's not better than me in the future. It sounds childish, but everyone has their ways to keep from chasing people that aren't interested in them. I'm getting interest from a woman now, because she bit into the forbidden fruit, and it was worms. I told her we would likely just remain friends. I ONLY have her attention more now, because she got burned. If things would have worked out with the guys she was pursuing, I wouldn't have heard back from her. She started seeking me out again, because I was a decent human being, I just wasn't insatiable. I'm not up to being her sloppy seconds, but I am ok with garnering a female friend and another perspective that isn't dominated by my male friends...
Hey - whatever you need to do to deal with things is fine! Back when I was dating - maybe from the end of high school on - my feeling was that if he couldn't see how awesome I was - he couldn't really be that awesome himself! This actually mostly has to do with my sense of humor - and it's true to this day. If someone doesn't enjoy my company (now in the friendship capacity) - then I just move on. I'm a quirky, funny person. If someone doesn't get me - then their loss!

Old 02-19-2014, 01:37 PM

17,869 posts, read 21,120,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
That's good that you can say that. It might be because you are a woman, and know that at least on some levels (and I don't know what you look like, what your personality is like or what you have accomplished) you are seen as desirable by men.

But though I have accomplished many things - some things, believe it or not, that very few men have accomplished - and that in many, many ways I am supremely confident, I still have problems with self-esteem because I know deep down that women don't really care about those things because they see me as unattractive. You'd be surprised how many men are in this situation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu9ZxzsWchg

Old 02-19-2014, 03:18 PM

943 posts, read 1,009,911 times
Ray_finkle...hijaking threads everywhere...
ha ha ha

Old 02-19-2014, 04:23 PM

339 posts, read 381,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Ray_finkle...hijaking threads everywhere...
ha ha ha
I resemble that remark!

Old 02-19-2014, 09:09 PM

15,013 posts, read 21,807,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
I have an idea, I've heard so many guys on here talk about how women never do the approaching, I'm going to try it out...for the rest of the month, every time I see a guy who I feel is attractive - I'm going to walk up to them and tell them so. I'm going to
If they are with another woman I will compliment her on her good taste in men.
Then I'm going to report back to CD with the results...that will be March the 18th.
How many think that the guys will look at me like I just stepped off a spaceship?
How many think the guys will laugh in my face and walk away?
How many will get out a peice of paper and a pen and start exchanging phone numbers?
How many of them with women, will the woman present slap me?

To make it a real experiment, lets say I have to go for a quota of 25 guys total...
Ready, set.... GO
Go for it, but they get really confused and start acting weird.

Old 02-20-2014, 06:30 AM

830 posts, read 1,677,524 times
Ms. Foclampt, did you also wonder about how many men will cling to you and/or become enraged that you will not have sex with them, because your compliment equals immediate and exclusive sexual desire in their little worlds?

Just putting that out there based on my experience doing the same thing. Never again--it only took me one bad apple to put a moratorium on complimenting a man's physical appearance. Really I think it's sad. Who doesn't want to hear good things about himself? For me and some others, it's just a game, you don't take it seriously. Unfortunately some take it way too seriously, and then of course you're to blame because you "led him on."

Old 02-20-2014, 06:34 AM

1,846 posts, read 2,059,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
Ms. Foclampt, did you also wonder about how many men will cling to you and/or become enraged that you will not have sex with them, because your compliment equals immediate and exclusive sexual desire in their little worlds?

Just putting that out there based on my experience doing the same thing. Never again--it only took me one bad apple to put a moratorium on complimenting a man's physical appearance. Really I think it's sad. Who doesn't want to hear good things about himself? For me and some others, it's just a game, you don't take it seriously. Unfortunately some take it way too seriously, and then of course you're to blame because you "led him on."
Please PM me nice things and feed my ego monster.

Hand nudes available upon request!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships