Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 11:09 AM

943 posts, read 1,008,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayah(812) View Post
Ms. Foclampt, did you also wonder about how many men will cling to you and/or become enraged that you will not have sex with them, because your compliment equals immediate and exclusive sexual desire in their little worlds?

Just putting that out there based on my experience doing the same thing. Never again--it only took me one bad apple to put a moratorium on complimenting a man's physical appearance. Really I think it's sad. Who doesn't want to hear good things about himself? For me and some others, it's just a game, you don't take it seriously. Unfortunately some take it way too seriously, and then of course you're to blame because you "led him on."
Well, that is food for thought Rayah, I hadn't thought about that because I don't beleive I would be in the position to be misunderstood in that dynamic.
If any of these simple exchanges turn into anything other than complimenting someone on their looks, then I would be surprised.
If I end up going on a date with someone, I would think there would be plenty of time to suss their mental stability before being alone with them and being in a vulnerable position with them.
I have no intention of turning my back on people who appreciate it, but, it isn't a gaurantee of access either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 11:18 AM

943 posts, read 1,008,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooplaman View Post
Please PM me nice things and feed my ego monster.

Hand nudes available upon request!

ooooooo hand nudes....

Old 02-20-2014, 05:14 PM

339 posts, read 381,351 times
I think that in my current situation, if a woman approached me with romantic intentions, I'd completely blow her out or go nuclear rejection on her and make a big scene...call her creepy and the like.

Sadistic? Yeah, maybe...but it would be a cool way to score one for the boys.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:19 PM

4,828 posts, read 4,313,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
I think that in my current situation, if a woman approached me with romantic intentions, I'd completely blow her out or go nuclear rejection on her and make a big scene...call her creepy and the like.

PLEASE DON'T DO THAT. It gives the rest of us guys a bad name. We already have enough chips stacked against us. Don't put another chip on and cause us to collapse!

Old 02-20-2014, 05:24 PM

25,899 posts, read 42,889,409 times
Quote:

This is the first time I've heard "not scoring" called "scoring."

Old 02-20-2014, 05:31 PM

28,895 posts, read 54,414,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
I have an idea, I've heard so many guys on here talk about how women never do the approaching, I'm going to try it out...for the rest of the month, every time I see a guy who I feel is attractive - I'm going to walk up to them and tell them so. I'm going to
If they are with another woman I will compliment her on her good taste in men.
Then I'm going to report back to CD with the results...that will be March the 18th.
How many think that the guys will look at me like I just stepped off a spaceship?
How many think the guys will laugh in my face and walk away?
How many will get out a peice of paper and a pen and start exchanging phone numbers?
How many of them with women, will the woman present slap me?

To make it a real experiment, lets say I have to go for a quota of 25 guys total...
Ready, set.... GO
It's kind of the like the party game.

I'm a natural introvert, so I played a little game with myself at parties. I would force myself to talk to every single person at the party, regardless of whether I knew them or not. And I would avoid talking about myself. Instead, I'd talk about them. Funny, but people would say what a great conversationalist I was. You'll be amazed when you do something similar.

There will be some guys who think you're ready for a sojourn to the Motel 6. There will be others who will take it at face value, just conversation.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
PLEASE DON'T DO THAT. It gives the rest of us guys a bad name. We already have enough chips stacked against us. Don't put another chip on and cause us to collapse!
This assumes that I regard a "collapse" as an undesirable outcome, when in fact I don't.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:32 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,840,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weezerfan84 View Post
Yeah, that's what I am thinking... if I was that woman (or a woman who saw that) I would say, "screw asking men out if that's how they act." Personally, I've never seen a woman go nuclear on a man while saying no other than in a movie or when a man was drunk or something and ignored the first 2 or 3 "nos". Most of the women I know just lie and say they have a boyfriend or something (to soften the blow) or just say, "no thank you, I am not interested." Then again, most of my girlfriends are like me... laid back and try to be kind to people.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
This is the first time I've heard "not scoring" called "scoring."
Baaahahaha. Touché, that's an awesome rebuttal. /not sarc

But I'm in exactly the frame of mind to turn that nomenclature on it's head.

Old 02-20-2014, 05:51 PM

4,751 posts, read 5,477,869 times
Quote:

So you would do that to someone who showed genuine interest, just to prove some sort of point, even though *I* and many, many, many other women (especially those of us who are shy/socially awkward) have never gone "nuclear" on a man showing interest in us?

And this helps you with women......how?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships