Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 10:48 AM

943 posts, read 1,006,059 times

Advertisements

I have an idea, I've heard so many guys on here talk about how women never do the approaching, I'm going to try it out...for the rest of the month, every time I see a guy who I feel is attractive - I'm going to walk up to them and tell them so. I'm going to
If they are with another woman I will compliment her on her good taste in men.
Then I'm going to report back to CD with the results...that will be March the 18th.
How many think that the guys will look at me like I just stepped off a spaceship?
How many think the guys will laugh in my face and walk away?
How many will get out a peice of paper and a pen and start exchanging phone numbers?
How many of them with women, will the woman present slap me?

To make it a real experiment, lets say I have to go for a quota of 25 guys total...
Ready, set.... GO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 10:51 AM

4,217 posts, read 7,314,138 times
This is my life. I will tell you, its a mixed bag. Some men think you are just in it for the lay, some will think you've lost your mind and others (few) will be receptive.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:52 AM

887 posts, read 1,102,251 times
Oh! Great idea! I thought about this as well, but it's not the right time for me!

I'd like to challenge all the people who feel that they never get the right person to just go out and try once a day. Maybe three times a week at least. But I'd want to participate, so I'm not challenging.

Good for you foclampt!!! Awesome!!

Old 02-18-2014, 10:56 AM

31,172 posts, read 22,204,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
I have an idea, I've heard so many guys on here talk about how women never do the approaching, I'm going to try it out...for the rest of the month, every time I see a guy who I feel is attractive - I'm going to walk up to them and tell them so. I'm going to
If they are with another woman I will compliment her on her good taste in men.
Then I'm going to report back to CD with the results...that will be March the 18th.
How many think that the guys will look at me like I just stepped off a spaceship?
How many think the guys will laugh in my face and walk away?
How many will get out a peice of paper and a pen and start exchanging phone numbers?
How many of them with women, will the woman present slap me?

To make it a real experiment, lets say I have to go for a quota of 25 guys total...
Ready, set.... GO
Being the 'Social Observer' that I am it sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately nobody usually follows through with these things. I say you could see all of the above except no women will slap you. They will look at you like you are insane or with daggers in their eyes though.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:00 AM

6,548 posts, read 7,292,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
This is my life. I will tell you, its a mixed bag. Some men think you are just in it for the lay, some will think you've lost your mind and others (few) will be receptive.
Agree. Since women asking men is still a bit rare only a few will be receptive. The day women do this as often as men do it will be seen as normal and acceptable. At least you will try .

Old 02-18-2014, 11:01 AM

943 posts, read 1,006,059 times
Thats okay, my perspective isn't really to see what I can get out of it, LS, its to see what happens, besides it never hurt anyone to compliment someone else, and doesn't have to mean anything MORE than just a compliment...
By the way, I think short guys are attractive for some reason, so all of the short complainers here - perk up your ears, or eyes, or whatever.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:06 AM

339 posts, read 380,438 times
So what is your hypothesis? What are you hoping to find?

If it's an experiment, there must be something you're looking to prove/disprove.

Old 02-18-2014, 11:06 AM

31,172 posts, read 22,204,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by foclampt View Post
Thats okay, my perspective isn't really to see what I can get out of it, LS, its to see what happens, besides it never hurt anyone to compliment someone else, and doesn't have to mean anything MORE than just a compliment...
By the way, I think short guys are attractive for some reason, so all of the short complainers here - perk up your ears, or eyes, or whatever.
I think its a great idea and hope you do it

Old 02-18-2014, 11:07 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,957,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Being the 'Social Observer' that I am it sounds like a great idea. Unfortunately nobody usually follows through with these things. I say you could see all of the above except no women will slap you. They will look at you like you are insane or with daggers in their eyes though.
Lol, yep some guys will think you are nuts. Do it in a manner of just small talk,"Look at these strawberries and the prices!They all nasty looking....I need another fruit....what fruit do you like? Pineapple? Grapes? Canilope?"

"Did you eat dinner yet? Want to go out for dinner? "

Old 02-18-2014, 11:08 AM

42,763 posts, read 52,957,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
So what is your hypothesis? What are you hoping to find?

If it's an experiment, there must be something you're looking to prove/disprove.
That women need to ask, so they can date?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships