Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 12:18 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,048,464 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
JBT1980, if you like that sort of thing. I meant ask ladies out.

Hmmmm, let's see I think if it's a dude I really don't know I would use a grocery store or a store. There I can relate to my items I'm looking for or his. I then can ask questions. But like you guys I do have a hard time figuring if he is single or not. Sometimes are clues of the items they buy or their dress.
One thing I am bad at is figuring out if a girl that approaches me like that is interested or not because it isn't clear if you are just being nice and chit chatting. Actually I am pretty oblivious when a girl is hitting on me unless she makes her intent verbally or physically clear to me.

I have missed out on a lot of opportunities because of this! The best is when you are out somewhere and catch a girl looking at me. Then I am wondering who the hell started this stare down contest? Is she looking at me because I looked at her or vice versa lol

I usually approach though if eye contact is made...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2014, 12:18 PM

5,121 posts, read 6,815,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJS99 View Post
Depends what kind of guys you are going to approach. If you approach the hot guys, they'll be totally used to it already. They'll react just like women react. The ones that are complaining that no women approach are average and below men. Are you attracted to that level of man?

An average man might be surprised, but it happens to them, just not often. Below average men, rare.

Now, as for myself, if I were to be approached by a woman, I would think she either had an ulterior motive or that I was just imagining the whole thing.
I think I ran into a guy once who thought I had an ulterior motive. It was kind of bizarre. Again it was at the grocery store and he and I were waiting in the deli line. He had on a really cool tee-shirt (it was based off Doctor Who) and I told him, "hey, cool tee-shirt! I love the weeping angels. Where did you get it?" (just trying to make conversation). He quickly got out of line and away from me. Then, the entire grocery trip, if I ended up going into the same aisle as him he would watch me out of the corner of his eye... acting like he was trying to ignore me (but hey, I could see him looking at me). Of, if he didn't see me coming, he'd jump like a startled house cat. It was very, very odd to say the least.

I would say he was about average looking... maybe a little scruffy looking (like he could stand to take a shower and run a comb though his hair) but not "ugly" or anything like that. He was certainly odd though. Then again, maybe he though I was weird for liking a villain like the weeping angels

Old 02-18-2014, 12:19 PM

339 posts, read 380,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
A few hundred times? Really? If someone is honestly getting no "yes"s to make the "no"s worthwhile, I'd wonder if their approach was faulty or they had difficulty reading social cues and were asking out people who are clearly not interested. Not everyone is going to be into everyone else, that's a given, but there's bigger issues there.

Over the course of a lifetime, any guy who approaches on any sort of regular basis will easily get a few hundred rejections....not that you'd know anything about that.

Your answer..."you're doing it wrong.." Of course that's your answer.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:20 PM

42,763 posts, read 52,947,431 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray_Finkle View Post
You quit for the same reasons most of us guys have.

I gotcha.
Yes Ray, but maybe we shouldn't. We can't p*ss and moan when we are our own worst enemy.

If first we don't succeed dust yourself off and try again.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by findly185 View Post
I never understood this. I get absolutely none of my pride, self-esteem or confidence from men. It comes from accomplishments waaayyyy outside of the realm of dating/relationships/looks and men.

OH MY GOD! Are you saying that men and women may be different, and derive their emotions from different places????

Stop the presses!!! Your fem card has just been revoked.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:23 PM

29,772 posts, read 34,497,732 times
Quote:
Over the course of a lifetime, any guy who approaches on any sort of regular basis will easily get a few hundred rejections....not that you'd know anything about that.

And I'm sure you assume that as a non-deformed woman, I can't leave the house without getting hundreds of propositions. Honestly, I can't tell you the last time I was even approached, let alone asked out. It's rough out there for everyone, but please, continue to stare into your own navel.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:25 PM

1,846 posts, read 2,048,464 times
Quote:

Maybe you just suck at approaching and have a bad personality. The problem is our egos will never let us accept that and will rationalize in every way possible.

I will not lie your posts all sound bitter and angry and I bet you will try to play it cool now.

4,217 posts, read 7,312,851 times
Quote:
OH MY GOD! Are you saying that men and women may be different, and derive their emotions from different places????

Stop the presses!!! Your fem card has just been revoked.
Hmmm, so a lot of women don't get self worth from their looks?

This is a universal (male and female) dynamic.

And universally, those who base their worth on the attention they receive from the other sex, obviously must not have much else going for them. Which is sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raena77 View Post
Yes Ray, but maybe we shouldn't. We can't p*ss and moan when we are our own worst enemy.

If first we don't succeed dust yourself off and try again.
I have my excuse, and it's airtight, so don't try to talk me out of it...lol. The little box I've built for myself may not be comfortable, but it's familiar.

So what's your excuse?

I just find it interesting that you've taken on the traditionally masculine role and quit it for the same reasons that many of the men on this board do the same.

Old 02-18-2014, 12:28 PM

2,087 posts, read 2,854,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillabean View Post
I think I ran into a guy once who thought I had an ulterior motive. It was kind of bizarre. Again it was at the grocery store and he and I were waiting in the deli line. He had on a really cool tee-shirt (it was based off Doctor Who) and I told him, "hey, cool tee-shirt! I love the weeping angels. Where did you get it?" (just trying to make conversation). He quickly got out of line and away from me. Then, the entire grocery trip, if I ended up going into the same aisle as him he would watch me out of the corner of his eye... acting like he was trying to ignore me (but hey, I could see him looking at me). Of, if he didn't see me coming, he'd jump like a startled house cat. It was very, very odd to say the least.

I would say he was about average looking... maybe a little scruffy looking (like he could stand to take a shower and run a comb though his hair) but not "ugly" or anything like that. He was certainly odd though. Then again, maybe he though I was weird for liking a villain like the weeping angels
Ha. Yea, if that happened to me though, I would be friendly. I'm always friendly when people engage me first.

But it's like the female posters here say. They're friendly and really complimenting to guys they have no interest in. Guys test those waters and get rejected. So, it would be natural to think a similar exchange with a stranger would yield similar results.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Relationships