Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2022, 01:31 PM

4,045 posts, read 4,437,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I would not expect a criminal to follow the law. I do expect police to follow the law without bias.
What's considered bias? Apparently the police are criticized too much when they do their jobs,so it happens that the criminals are pretty much a consistent demographic. Just a coincidence,not targeting.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:32 PM

4,178 posts, read 2,966,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Interesting how you ignore the question. How many folks, black and white, get killed by police officers each year?

You said the $2B+ in damages from folks causing violence, burning it down, etc…, was a small price to pay, so you certainly condoned it.

Those areas became terrible because of the violence that erupted in causing folks to burn those areas down, which did nothing but ruin those areas and have yet to recover and folks are still reaping what they’ve sown from it today….and you make excuses for it.
What led up to the burning?.....cause and effect. When things are under pressure it will eventually blow up.

Old 11-16-2022, 01:37 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,250,320 times
Quote:
What led up to the burning?.....cause and effect. When things are under pressure it will eventually blow up.
Still avoiding the question.

How many folks, black and white, get killed by police officers each year?

How did burning it down and causing violence to Pittsburgh areas that are terrible and still haven’t recovered help with MLK getting killed, and please be specific?

Lol at cause and effect. It certainly caused the effects of producing terrible areas. Folks burning down their own areas is as ridiculous as it is hilarious. We sure showed ourselves, lol.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:04 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,401,537 times
Quote:
Again repeat offenders are just that. I would not expect a criminal to follow the law. I do expect police to follow the law without bias.

Apples and Oranges.
That is the problem. I expect criminals to follow the law. Where i live you are punished for not following the law. The local magistrate does not take crap from anyone. The police chief is by the book and the taxpayers DEMAND it. You control the police in the city with your vote. It is not an easy problem to fix but it sure is easy to let it get out of control.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
That is the problem. I expect criminals to follow the law. Where i live you are punished for not following the law. The local magistrate does not take crap from anyone. The police chief is by the book and the taxpayers DEMAND it. You control the police in the city with your vote. It is not an easy problem to fix but it sure is easy to let it get out of control.
We are referring to a major US city and not an isolated low population suburb where most inhabitants are affluent and spread out.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Still avoiding the question.

How many folks, black and white, get killed by police officers each year?

How did burning it down and causing violence to Pittsburgh areas that are terrible and still haven’t recovered help with MLK getting killed, and please be specific?

Lol at cause and effect. It certainly caused the effects of producing terrible areas. Folks burning down their own areas is as ridiculous as it is hilarious. We sure showed ourselves, lol.
Obviously just enough to burn a MF down.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Obviously just enough to burn a MF down.
In other words so few you choose not to provide them…and as we’ve seen, they’ll do that no matter how few…and leave their area/s in terrible shape, and in Pittsburghs case, for future generations to come as the areas continue to reap what the violent burn it down folks have sown.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:44 PM

Quote:
In other words so few you choose not to provide them…and as we’ve seen, they’ll do that no matter how few…and leave their area/s in terrible shape, and in Pittsburghs case, for future generations to come as the areas continue to reap what the violent burn it down folks have sown.
Or reap what unchecked police practices have sown? One lost life is to many.

Old 11-16-2022, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Or reap what unchecked police practices have sown? One lost life is to many.
Unchecked police practices should certainly be met with punishment, no matter the color of one’s skin, however, you continue to make blanket statements about police, and won’t provide the numbers of black and white folks killed by police because it won’t fit your narrative.

Old 11-16-2022, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Bingo….criminals get a pass and police get blamed. The logic is priceless. I’d love to see police walk off the job and let folks fend for themselves. They’d be crying for them back in no time, lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh