Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2022, 12:35 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
In the first 5 months of this year the Nashville police had reports of 625 guns stolen from vehicles. Yes, I`ll continue to blame law abiding folks for letting criminals have their guns. I expect your guardian angel mods to dump this comment as they do every other comment that makes you look silly. Whatever.
https://fox17.com/news/local/police-...ime-alert-nest
To quote chief idiot, bingo. Hey, I have guns too, but I am a responsible owner and do not leave my firearms in UNLOCLKED cars. Feckin idiots can't have it both ways. If you "lose" a gun to theft like that you whould never be able to own a firearm again.

Old 07-28-2022, 12:37 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,103,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
So if you steal opioid medication from me, and you overdose, is it my fault?
Or what if I forget to lock my car, and you steal it and take it on a joyride and kill a pedestrian? Is that my fault too?
If your kid died from that overdose you know damn well it would be your fault. If you left the keys to your car in the ignition and a kid steals it and kills somebody that is on you too. Quit moving the goal posts. LOTS of guns fall into the hands of people who should not have them because Jimbo was too damn lazy to account for his weapons.

Old 07-28-2022, 01:06 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,227,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
In the first 5 months of this year the Nashville police had reports of 625 guns stolen from vehicles. Yes, I`ll continue to blame law abiding folks for letting criminals have their guns. I expect your guardian angel mods to dump this comment as they do every other comment that makes you look silly. Whatever.
https://fox17.com/news/local/police-...ime-alert-nest
Yep, folks should certainly lock their vehicles, unfortunately, criminals will be criminals and will also break into homes, vehicles, etc… Lock these losers up and lock the violent criminals up for life of capital punishment. Lol. The only thing that’s silly is defending and enabling criminals. Just think, no criminals no need for police or guns.

Old 07-28-2022, 01:21 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Civility and less guns…..peace on earth….
So do you want to see the Pittsburgh Police get very aggressive in getting guns off the street? Do you want prosecutors to take a hard-line stance toward prosecuting people for gun possession? You can hope for it all you want, but it's not going to happen. I doubt that many big-city cops are dumb enough to get aggressive about anything these days, and "criminal justice reform" prosecutors are the current thing from coast to coast.

It's also ironic that you claim to want "peace on earth," after you said earlier that nationwide riots that caused billions of dollars in damages were "well worth it."

Last edited by fat lou; 07-28-2022 at 01:37 PM..

Old 07-28-2022, 01:44 PM

468 posts, read 124,242 times
On any unrelated matter, Erieguy, what's the spin on this one:

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/07/28/chin...-to-biden.html

Some center-left news sources are saying the Dems put one over on ole Mitch? What are you being told to say on message boards?

Old 07-28-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So do you want to see the Pittsburgh Police get very aggressive in getting guns off the street? Do you want prosecutors to take a hard-line stance toward prosecuting people for gun possession? You can hope for it all you want, but it's not going to happen. I doubt that many big-city cops are dumb enough to get aggressive about anything these days, and "criminal justice reform" prosecutors are the current thing from coast to coast.

It's also ironic that you claim to want "peace on earth," after you said earlier that nationwide riots that caused billions of dollars in damages were "well worth it."
Double Bingo…the hypocrisy is priceless, and that “well worth it” crime turned into skyrocketing violent crime that continues today.

Old 07-28-2022, 02:20 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,962,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
So then the problem ISN'T the NRA, the right-wing, gun manufacturers, or gun dealers.
The problem is with criminals who illegally engage in straw-man purchases.

If this is so prevalent as you claim, find me one documented instance of some NRA-card-carrying Bubba driving to Homewood from Fayette/Washington/Butler/etc County and selling ”brand new in the box” guns to 16 year olds.

Again, I'll wait.
I do not understand or condone criminality. Poor criminals may buy and sell stolen guns or simply steal them. Organized crime and the criminals that profit from it would never ever used a gun off the streets. These “high end” criminals use brand new guns. There is no way of knowing if previous gun crimes are associated with the gun. You simply pass those guns to the streets for children to use. That’s just how it is. Why buy a stolen gun if you could afford not to. Felons use the same method as they cannot legally purchase guns.

Old 07-28-2022, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
All guns in the hands of criminals were brand new in the box at one time. The police who come to our neighborhood meetings tell us of guns stolen from UNLOCKED vehicles REGULARLY. This is how guns get in the hands of children. Do better gun owners. erieguy, no need to respond I am not talking to you nor do I see your posts because I blocked your weak ass years ago. ****in loser, get a girlfriend or a hobby or something. There's life outside of Pittsburgh City Data.
This is true but do you know how many guns are in circulation? Guns are stolen daily but that is only a fraction of what is on the streets. Criminals have gun collections just like anyone else. Some children are out there making six figure salaries at the age of 16. Money comes faster with heroin and opioids. Teenagers judge each other by the gun possessed. The bigger the better….

Old 07-28-2022, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I do not understand or condone criminality. Poor criminals may buy and sell stolen guns or simply steal them. Organized crime and the criminals that profit from it would never ever used a gun off the streets. These “high end” criminals use brand new guns. There is no way of knowing if previous gun crimes are associated with the gun. You simply pass those guns to the streets for children to use. That’s just how it is. Why buy a stolen gun if you could afford not to. Felons use the same method as they cannot legally purchase guns.
You’re saying children get the guns passed down from criminals. That’s something easily agreed with, not the original claim of children getting them from licensed dealers.

Unfortunately these felons that you speak of continue to be put back on the streets to do the same thing over and over. Proves my point about repeat criminals, especially violent criminals.

Old 07-28-2022, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post

With conflict comes peace. I would love peace and harmony but……

I pay for Pittsburgh police to aggressively keep my family safe. Prosecutors should take a hard line stance against criminals especially violent criminals. I came of age Im the 90s during the height of gang and inner city drug violence associated with crack cocaine. Most black people know that the local police can only do so much. We are waiting for another RICO Act. The violence worsened and the community got fed up. The change from RICO was overnight and coast to coast. Instant peace. Most of the convicted were sent away for 10-20. It has started in Atlanta and will advance nationwide.

Police should not get away with killing poor people. George Floyd should not have been murdered. He may not have been a model citizen but his life mattered to someone. He was loved by someone. He mattered to someone. The police could not get away with that. The Philandro Castile murder was just as horrific. The Jaylander Walker killing was justified. A high speed chase while fully masked and indiscriminately shooting from the fleeing car…Everyone was at risk. The Wilkinsburg police shooting of Romir Talley was justified as well. You cannot rob innocent commuters walking to and from the busway…..In the Wilkinsburg case the family or community never protested. It was the same BLM LGBTQ actors. They confronted the former mayor. Her mother beat the **** out of them in Blackridge…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh