Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2022, 02:31 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,956,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Guns, knives, bricks, baseball bats and whatever. The tool isn’t the issue, it is young black youths performing the most selfish act that they can. Trying to take someone’s life. I obviously can see through your post, so run along with that. We have compromised society enough catering to the people that are very violent. There are ways to stop nearly all this violence, but people are still living in a fake society. Someday I hope we get real again.
Please enlighten us on the ways to stop all this violence. The US is a very violent place and has been for some time now. Remember this country was founded on violence. This violence is nothing new to us here in the US.

Black youth violence associated with the proliferation of weapons in rotation..... Where are all of these guns coming from? Your post suggests that violent acts committed by others is OK and acceptable. Is the gun pusher just as responsible as the child using the weapon? Violent ass wooping would have eliminated much of this insanity but we are not allowed to woop our children. I cant think of anything more selfish than killing children while in school or shooting concert attendees on the Las Vegas Strip. This US thing has always been a fake society right?

Old 08-08-2022, 04:01 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,967,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Please enlighten us on the ways to stop all this violence. The US is a very violent place and has been for some time now. Remember this country was founded on violence. This violence is nothing new to us here in the US.

Black youth violence associated with the proliferation of weapons in rotation..... Where are all of these guns coming from? Your post suggests that violent acts committed by others is OK and acceptable. Is the gun pusher just as responsible as the child using the weapon? Violent ass wooping would have eliminated much of this insanity but we are not allowed to woop our children. I cant think of anything more selfish than killing children while in school or shooting concert attendees on the Las Vegas Strip. This US thing has always been a fake society right?
If you look at what nyc did with Giuliani and then Bloomberg crime was amazing low. They knew what to do. Kids wouldn’t run around with guns if the police could stop question and frisk. Shootings would dry up fast and guns would be confiscated. NYC had some great crime years under that great leadership.

Gun violence is wildly out of control with black youth. How can anyone not see it? The numbers are insane. I don’t make up the numbers. I have no control over them. I just read about it like everyone else. If people don’t want to see it they are living in a fake world.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:18 PM

987 posts, read 279,673 times
Quote:
Gun violence is wildly out of control with black youth. How can anyone not see it?

Of we accept your premise, let me ask you this; what do you think the reason is that this happens primarily with black youth as opposed to white youth?

Old 08-08-2022, 04:18 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,198,572 times
Quote:
If you look at what nyc did with Giuliani and then Bloomberg crime was amazing low. They knew what to do. Kids wouldn’t run around with guns if the police could stop question and frisk. Shootings would dry up fast and guns would be confiscated. NYC had some great crime years under that great leadership.

Gun violence is wildly out of control with black youth. How can anyone not see it? The numbers are insane. I don’t make up the numbers. I have no control over them. I just read about it like everyone else. If people don’t want to see it they are living in a fake world.
It’s easily seen. Many just don’t want to admit and continue to make excuses because of it, yet it continues to get worse right in front of their eyes.

Interesting thing is many, including Big Ed and the community leaders say something needs done, yet folks don’t want police in their area/s to clean it up, and when someone gets killed, especially a child, they’re sobbing and saying something needs done but they do nothing, and if it’s a cop that ends up killing a criminal/violent criminal, they protest.

Old 08-08-2022, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
Good post.

The same handful of posters posting the same drivel over and over
Nah, drivel is blaming others, the police, guns, society, etc…, versus criminals/violent criminals. Even Big Ed is doing something to clean up the Southside. Hopefully it continues to other areas.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:31 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,956,710 times
Quote:

RICO / The Federal Government cleaned up the streets coast to coast. Giuliani and Bloomberg had little to do with the decline in gun violence in the city. Stop and frisk did nothing but further divide the community and police relations. Stop and frisk would allow the police to harass normal law abiding tax paying citizens like myself. In addition my 20 year old son would be at risk especially if he tried to run after the hostile approach.

I should add that gun violence is wildly out of control period. Gun violence is not limited to the youth running wild in the hood. You are living in a fake world if you think or suggest otherwise.

Old 08-08-2022, 05:34 PM

Quote:
RICO / The Federal Government cleaned up the streets coast to coast. Giuliani and Bloomberg had little to do with the decline in gun violence in the city. Stop and frisk did nothing but further divide the community and police relations. Stop and frisk would allow the police to harass normal law abiding tax paying citizens like myself. In addition my 20 year old son would be at risk especially if he tried to run after the hostile approach.

I should add that gun violence is wildly out of control period. Gun violence is not limited to the youth running wild in the hood. You are living in a fake world if you think or suggest otherwise.
That bail reform is working out fabulous in NY. Adams regime is doing wonders causing crime and violent crime to skyrocket there.

Gun violence has been out of control and continues to get worse the last 17 months. Defending and enabling criminals has huge consequences.

As to stop and frisk, the folks that run have something to hide. Get them off the streets.

Last edited by erieguy; 08-08-2022 at 06:32 PM..

Old 08-08-2022, 06:22 PM

10,832 posts, read 4,517,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Of we accept your premise, let me ask you this; what do you think the reason is that this happens primarily with black youth as opposed to white youth?

ask em. back in 1989ish, when the whole gang violence became chic and spread out of NYC in the NE part of the USA, it spread into CT. I had moved there in 1987 to waterbury and then danbury in 1989. The randomness of shooting people in crowd situations in order to salve some internal need to 'front up' became vogue THEN. It became so bad the I got my first CC in CT (not an easy task) because of the daily gunfire.

one of the more well meaning reporters asked some of the bangers around danbury - why...the answer, best I can paraphrase was 'what opportunity do we really have here? work a minimum wage job? but If I join a crew, my new BMW is not even a month away - for cash

so it all started with the late 80s drug trade into suburbia, and has spread since then. how many mass shootings did we have in pitt last weekend? the trib says the total count is 1 dead, 11 injured, the dead and 3 injured are one event. so ASK them. what about the 3 shot in duquesne?

Im betting $5 that if you ask ANY of the victims, or the shooters, from the last 2 years here why they felt the need to throw down on someone, NO ONE, is going to mention 'but trump!' or the war in Ukraine.

Old 08-08-2022, 06:24 PM

10,832 posts, read 4,517,327 times
Quote:

BS, you were never there. I was. Guliani was EXACTLY right. regardless of how he presents now.

clean up the businesses, roust out the hangers on, eventually the clientele changes.

Old 08-08-2022, 06:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
BS, you were never there. I was. Guliani was EXACTLY right. regardless of how he presents now.

clean up the businesses, roust out the hangers on, eventually the clientele changes.
Bingo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh