Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2022, 11:51 AM

987 posts, read 284,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Please don't pull that coy **** with me. You know god damned well who GG is and I stand by exactly what I said. There was a sixteen year old killed on a school bus. There was another killed while riding his bike. A baby in downtown for God's sake. The little white boy is not > any of these children. I work in social services and I represent my agency through the Allegheny County Court system. I see it all....everything.

I have a twenty year old son. He is a student and a very hard worker. He does not mean anyone any harm what so ever. You cannot imagine the anxiety that I deal with when he is away. The violence is unbearable and causes PTSD on families. Most of these murders are expected based on lifestyle. There are other families that get caught up in this insanity and it is very concerning. The murder of the suburban black teen at the pumpkin patch remains unsolved. This was a child from a two parent middle class suburban home. If this can happen to him it can be any one of us.
Bingo.

Old 08-10-2022, 11:56 AM

1,170 posts, read 600,136 times
Once again Family Guy, has the perfect clip for this situation. But this does kind of remind me over the media reaction to Gabby Petitto, AKA "The case of the missing pretty white girl".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNVj...nnel=Bralive03

Old 08-10-2022, 11:57 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,308,638 times
Quote:
Please don't pull that coy **** with me. You know god damned well who GG is and I stand by exactly what I said. There was a sixteen year old killed on a school bus. There was another killed while riding his bike. A baby in downtown for God's sake. The little white boy is not > any of these children. I work in social services and I represent my agency through the Allegheny County Court system. I see it all....everything.

I have a twenty year old son. He is a student and a very hard worker. He does not mean anyone any harm what so ever. You cannot imagine the anxiety that I deal with when he is away. The violence is unbearable and causes PTSD on families. Most of these murders are expected based on lifestyle. There are other families that get caught up in this insanity and it is very concerning. The murder of the suburban black teen at the pumpkin patch remains unsolved. This was a child from a two parent middle class suburban home. If this can happen to him it can be any one of us.
Nobody said anyone is any better than another. As a matter of fact, all lives matter has been touted many times.

Considering you continually say there’s nothing to be worried about and folks make more out of crime than needs to be, especially in and around the city, and claim folks are being scared for no reason, there shouldn’t be anything to worry about, unless you don’t believe what you’re saying

Old 08-10-2022, 12:39 PM

4,182 posts, read 2,978,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nobody said anyone is any better than another. As a matter of fact, all lives matter has been touted many times.

Considering you continually say there’s nothing to be worried about and folks make more out of crime than needs to be, especially in and around the city, and claim folks are being scared for no reason, there shouldn’t be anything to worry about, unless you don’t believe what you’re saying
I also considered that you are a idiot. You bring nothing to the conversation. Just shut up please......for once.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I also considered that you are a idiot. You bring nothing to the conversation. Just shut up please......for once.
The truth is often unpopular, and I bring plenty, as it’s obvious that crime and violence is indeed a huge problem, and much needs to be done about it. Too many criminals/violent criminals on the streets.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:55 PM

10,920 posts, read 4,661,170 times
Quote:
There have been quite a few shooting involving white men and boys in the local news.

This is the thread to show us then...cuz if there was, on a proportionate level then the problem can be diagnosed ELSEWHERE. but if it is going to remain lopsided then the question of 'why this and why not that' has to be answered FIRST.

BIIIIIG differences.

Old 08-10-2022, 12:58 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,077,988 times
Quote:
people here are very PC. no one here attacks YOUR viewpoint (even if it IS w/ tact), and will use language in their posts that smooths things over. it is because you are black.

if you do NOT get that, and are treated as an actual EQUAL, you seem to panic.

GG's concern for a white kid who got shot seems to have triggered you. you ignore, of course, the multitudinous posts he's had about this type of urban crime, where in none of those his concern was for the human life, and not the person of a categorized race or ethnicity.

Old 08-10-2022, 01:00 PM

10,920 posts, read 4,661,170 times
Quote:
I work in social services and I represent my agency through the Allegheny County Court system. I see it all....everything.

U likely work with my son then, a recent college grad and new hire doing exactly what you say, where you say

Old 08-10-2022, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
people here are very PC. no one here attacks YOUR viewpoint (even if it IS w/ tact), and will use language in their posts that smooths things over. it is because you are black.

if you do NOT get that, and are treated as an actual EQUAL, you seem to panic.

GG's concern for a white kid who got shot seems to have triggered you. you ignore, of course, the multitudinous posts he's had about this type of urban crime, where in none of those his concern was for the human life, and not the person of a categorized race or ethnicity.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
This is the thread to show us then...cuz if there was, on a proportionate level then the problem can be diagnosed ELSEWHERE. but if it is going to remain lopsided then the question of 'why this and why not that' has to be answered FIRST.

BIIIIIG differences.
Bingo

Old 08-10-2022, 01:06 PM

6,360 posts, read 5,077,988 times
erieguy, you quoted me, and that quote SHOULD have had the bold removed:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh