Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2022, 06:01 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,308,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jea6321 View Post
Most shootings happen with semi auto handguns, which most certainly are illegal to hunt with in PA.
Yet folks want AR-15’s, AK47’s, etc…, banned yet folks are allowed to hunt with them ..and those and semi-automatic handguns are used for more than just killing people…and my guns have never killed people and many are decades old.

Old 08-09-2022, 06:31 AM

10,920 posts, read 4,661,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
After the mass shooting in Duquesne, they are calling for change. I have the answer. Giuliani and Bloomberg in style and end the mess. Goodness, it is time.

https://www.wtae.com/article/duquesn...hange/40841208

I was wrong, it was 4 in Duq. not 3. But that still means it was 2 mass shootings in pittsburgh last weekend.

It didnt get picked up in the national feed for the same reason the dozen mass shootings daily (including schools) in the US do not....its black perps and black victims in urban areas. the MSM wont cover that unless it has a cross-racial factor. Their rules.

(to be fair there were more mass shootings last weekend in chicago but they didnt make the national feed EITHER)

Old 08-09-2022, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
More guns than people is certainly a problem. No question. You have an issue with people using guns to settle a dispute, yet you are ok with flooding the market with firearms. The weapons being used aren’t allowed for hunting. They are for killing people only.

including the 2 pistolas, I think I have 12. all properly obtained btw. that outnumbers the people in the house, let alone me. not a single problem. no shootings, no victims. Your theory has a hole.

Old 08-09-2022, 07:07 AM

Quote:
I have been going to NYC yearly since the early 80's. Every year and never missed. The change when Giuliani took over were AMAZING!. HE got it right and so did Bloomberg. I don't care about if they are wrong or right now, but I do know they got the crime down and down huge.

my step dad and uncle are from there so as a kid there were lots of travels to visit kinfolk with warnings dont go here or there. bronx out to eastchester/rochelle.

when I was a trucker (graebel and bekins) during HS and college, had dozens of 'milk runs' into manhatten, all neighborhoods and in the early mid 80s - 80-87 - it was a challenge in DAYLIGHT to not get rolled. stories of criminals attacking trucks were not rare, but we were peoples household goods so the gold and jewelry was not out in the open.

when I lived up there 87-99 working at IBM, regular bi weekly trips INTO the city (manhatten) didnt start until 95 when new friends at IBM who lived there were explaining the radical changes guliani put in and gave us tours deep into manhatten. before that it was select excursions to select places (one NY dweller I worked with had mets seasons tix and anytime they played the pirates...we were there at shea)

we even boated the region, hudson, east and harlem rivers, the gate, eastchester bay city island etc. over that period the changes in who was patronizing areas in what became the 'tourist' areas was profound. hell when we started boating it in 89 they used to shoot at circle line boats on the harlem. by the later 90s you could TIE UP at places on the harlem.

You started seeing couples on dates and kids. since IBM donated so much money we got into the AMoNH and Met for free by showing a badge. rode the staten island ferry for fun. Hung out in the village for fun (plus some friends had flats there so spent many a night when we could not catch the 1:20. flew out of all the airports, MOSTLY LGA, then JFK and EWR in that order, used the trains and shuttles with nary a problem.

Once we moved away we tried to get up to see everyone 2x a year. Im not a city guy, but it was fun and interesting. I had fav lunch places near times sq and fav dinner places in the village or little italy.

Last trip was 2019. And by then we were watching the mentally ill accost citizens in the times square seating area. And this was with a couple dozen AR15/M16 armed guards. The plague hit, BLM hit, both in forms of covid and violence. I watch live feeds of NYC and see the crowds STILL are 1/10th of what they used to be - even on a friday night. so much shuttered, people afraid to go out after dark. direct attacks on the metro north trains. direct attacks on subways. direct attacks on platforms. violence in the 'square' (it aint square) that they turned it into when they blocked traffic. its no longer safe and the stats show the people who can flee, are. almost all of my friends that were there went to westchester or dutchess or just plain flat left NY period. (one lives on a FL beach so visiting them climbs in priority)

now that we are floating the idea of 60 as an age, the wife and I know, we will likely never be there again. its not the same and anyone who does not see that is deluded to the point of mental illness. half the task of managing risk is avoiding it in the first place.

Old 08-09-2022, 07:17 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,911,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Yet folks want AR-15’s, AK47’s, etc…, banned yet folks are allowed to hunt with them ..
Hunters in this state are not allowed to use semi-automatic rifles.
July 1, 2022 - June 30, 2023Big Game Regulations

Old 08-09-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Each state is different, however, in regards to hunting they can, there’s just limits, and not for big game.

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/lehig...aeba39b96.html

Semi automatic shotguns can also be used in Pennsylvania, including slugs.

I come from a long line of hunters. They nor their guns have ever shot a person, and some have more guns than I do.

Old 08-09-2022, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
'cept they can use semi auto rimfire for small game. I still prefer the bolt action 'romanian'

Old 08-09-2022, 07:44 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,069,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
now that we are floating the idea of 60 as an age, the wife and I know, we will likely never be there again. its not the same and anyone who does not see that is deluded to the point of mental illness. half the task of managing risk is avoiding it in the first place.
I think about NYC now and again. I don't think it is as bad as the 80's as far as crime goes, but I think I see the direction of lawlessness now that Bloomberg is gone. NYC had an amazing run with kids riding subways without fear and it was so much cleaner. The left seem to want to bring everyone and everything down. It is an interesting study. "The people" are allowing all this to happen however. I hope small towns and the country will always be mellow. Pittsburgh was really moving in such a good direction with the Cultural Trust leading the charge. You would go down to the shows and enjoy a meal on Penn Ave, or even Market Square. It is just so different now than just 5 or so years ago. The speed of the decline was certainly due to the pandemic, but wow what a contrast. I still remember all the countless protests daily for the 4 1/2 years. I referred to them as "super spreaders" during the peak of the pandemic. Sure were ugly times and really embarrassing for our city and really our country. Glad the temper tantrum is over, but we can't go back to the better times it seems. I will say the big events in the city are very well attended and very successful. Pickelsburgh was so crowded on Saturday you couldn't even move. If there is an event anywhere around the city it is usually packed. That street behind Bakery Square gets jammed with people if there is an event there. I rode my bike by there during one and had to turn back the other way because the amount of people. It was very nice to see.

I guess there is good and bad, but the amount of shootings has me down. Our murder rate won't be that high because the young people are surviving the shootings most of the time, so that part is good, but the amount is a little overwhelming. Other than that people are out and about during weekends and events. Weekdays in the city are depressing with all the zombies roaming around peeing everywhere. Kind of gross, but the left must prefer it that way. They run this city and most cities. They seem to like misery more that prosperity. I think that is really how it is.

Old 08-09-2022, 08:03 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,069,105 times
The teen that was shot in uptown has died. We can do better than this in Pittsburgh.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/teen...J7WKPGBT7XCXA/

Old 08-09-2022, 09:46 AM

Quote:
The teen that was shot in uptown has died. We can do better than this in Pittsburgh.

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/teen...J7WKPGBT7XCXA/
Can but won’t. It’ll continue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh