Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2022, 08:40 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,957,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
The child should be held accountable, why teach a parent who apparently never learned the lesson themselves. The amount of money that pittsburgh spends on each child they should provide mentors to the youth. Having someone from a young age teach you right from wrong and life lessons is invaluable. When i was young it was boy scouts or the y or boys and girls club.
All of these organizations still exist. I attended upward bound, junior achievement, and 100 Black Men of Southwestern Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh Public Schools spends a lot per pupil and there are countless options for most youth. You have to keep in mind that most violent teens never make it past 9th grade. So PPS cannot reach most. Children that are introduced to Jack n Jill or 100 BM of SW PA usually come from stable housholds to begin with.

Old 11-30-2022, 08:47 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,200,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Yet Florida is a crime infested state.
Doing nothing makes things worse. Interesting how you’re dismissing the idea, are fine with status quo and it getting worse, and deflecting to DeSantis to do so, lol.

Old 11-30-2022, 09:06 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,969,691 times
Quote:
Yet Florida is a crime infested state.
Stop falling for what the democrats been feeding you since birth. PA has HIGHER violent crime than Florida. Oh no...Oh yes! The leftist regime has been feeding you for your whole life. They took over our kids and created hopelessness to kids in YOUR community and that is why they just kill other kids because they don't feel like they have a chance and are made to feel insignificant. Thanks democrats for implanting that hopelessness in their heads.

Ah, if you could only see what I see.

Here are the statistics that show PA is more violent than FL. The only reason we see all the crime in Florida is because the democrats are afraid of DeSantis. The dems run it all and sadly most fall for it. I don't!

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...-rate-by-state

More proof

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/home...in-the-us.html

Old 11-30-2022, 10:00 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,391,589 times
Quote:
All of these organizations still exist. I attended upward bound, junior achievement, and 100 Black Men of Southwestern Pennsylvania. Pittsburgh Public Schools spends a lot per pupil and there are countless options for most youth. You have to keep in mind that most violent teens never make it past 9th grade. So PPS cannot reach most. Children that are introduced to Jack n Jill or 100 BM of SW PA usually come from stable housholds to begin with.
I know they exist but do they reach into the city. Pps has such a low graduation rate. They need to start helping these kids in kindergarten. Kids need stability and they are not finding it at home. I couldn't tell you how many parents i saw in my career who just screamed at their kids from the couch.

Old 11-30-2022, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Stop falling for what the democrats been feeding you since birth. PA has HIGHER violent crime than Florida. Oh no...Oh yes! The leftist regime has been feeding you for your whole life. They took over our kids and created hopelessness to kids in YOUR community and that is why they just kill other kids because they don't feel like they have a chance and are made to feel insignificant. Thanks democrats for implanting that hopelessness in their heads.

Ah, if you could only see what I see.

Here are the statistics that show PA is more violent than FL. The only reason we see all the crime in Florida is because the democrats are afraid of DeSantis. The dems run it all and sadly most fall for it. I don't!

https://worldpopulationreview.com/st...-rate-by-state

More proof

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/home...in-the-us.html
Did you actually read the proof that you posted? Obviously not. Florida and PA have similar crime stats. Violent crime is equal with one link and Florida has more violent crime in the other. If PA is crime infested the same can be said regarding Florida. My community is not monolithic or hopeless. You are the puppet here. You also appear hopeless. Republicans are not > Democrats in anyway shape or form. Look at you guys for God’s sake. You are losing control and your foundation has lost its footing. You keep losing and wondering why. It is the nonsensical BS that you continue to focus on without success. The people have spoken.

Old 11-30-2022, 10:23 PM

Quote:
I know they exist but do they reach into the city. Pps has such a low graduation rate. They need to start helping these kids in kindergarten. Kids need stability and they are not finding it at home. I couldn't tell you how many parents i saw in my career who just screamed at their kids from the couch.
I live in the city and raised a couple of kids here. The city kids have more programs than any suburb. As a child my sisters did ballet at the Carnegie while I did ceramics, youth sports such as tennis, golf, and soccer are very popular. Most of these are free to the public. There are some amazing kids in the city doing great things. I can only focus on those that are salvageable. PPS has headstart and Pre K and these are invaluable programs that republicans like to cut funding for. The city just approved 900k for the summer jobs program.

Old 11-30-2022, 11:47 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,391,589 times
Quote:
I live in the city and raised a couple of kids here. The city kids have more programs than any suburb. As a child my sisters did ballet at the Carnegie while I did ceramics, youth sports such as tennis, golf, and soccer are very popular. Most of these are free to the public. There are some amazing kids in the city doing great things. I can only focus on those that are salvageable. PPS has headstart and Pre K and these are invaluable programs that republicans like to cut funding for. The city just approved 900k for the summer jobs program.
I am refering to more of an at school mentor type person, a bad parent doesn't go and enroll their kids into programs. You and your parents did it correctly but i am guessing the kids getting into shootings don't have a stable home life. There is a you tube channel devoted to showing young adults how to do simple tasks like tie their shoes properly because they never learned it at home.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:06 AM

2,045 posts, read 784,711 times
Somebody her sounds embarrassed about statistics.

Old 12-01-2022, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermit12 View Post
Somebody her sounds embarrassed about statistics.
Name names. Why beat around the bush?

Old 12-01-2022, 06:44 AM

6,358 posts, read 5,053,234 times
Quote:

the key word is "RATE". that is a percentage.

the public schools in pittsburgh do have a lot of kids that embrace education and learning. the problem is there are those that come from the urban environment and its unavoidable ills that are those that contribute to the 'low graduation rate'. still, there are many more students that DO graduate and actually give a damn!
there is only so much anyone can, or should do for the individual. sorry, but that is what i think.

the advantage some school districts may have, vs. Pgh or Philadelphia, say, is that they are smaller communities population wise, and more homogenous economically, and so have less more potential for a greater graduation rate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh