Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2022, 02:56 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,051,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Deflection from the problem is popular
Yeah, that comment was wildly off the wall and to the point of mental issues for a professional to help with. Kids are shooting each other at alarming rates and it is a black problem. Just saw a news story trying to figure out why it is happening, but they never addressed it is a black youth problem. They need to be honest instead of kicking the can. Wendy Bell told the truth. She got fired because she is white. Real life is real. Fake and pretend is not ever going to solve anything.

Old 11-25-2022, 07:08 PM

987 posts, read 283,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Wow, some obscure article that one nut job pastor says and that has something to do with the daily shootings in black communities. What an off the wall take. 99.999% of churches are all about thou shall not kill. The trolling is amazing. Wow! People are being shot. Kids! Have a little compassion. Goodness. Oh this post is directed at my shadow.
Actually two articles, not one. Two pastors not one.

Old 11-25-2022, 07:45 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,051,958 times
This message is hidden because h_curtis is on your ignore list.

I see your posts if someone quotes you. To be honest, you came here out of hate towards me. To have that kind of hate isn't really something I want to deal with.

I don't hate anyone, because I am a Christian and we are told not to hate. I disagree with opinions, but don't hate others for a different opinion and try to do my best. That is how Presbyterians are taught. Just look at the Presbyterian Churches in Pittsburgh. They feed the poor with soup kitchens, clothe people that need it, and are welcoming to everyone. Plenty of gays go to them if they are educated.

Just trying to help, but to be honest, you might need more personal type of help from professionals. Christmas is nearing. Just try and be happy and enjoy the giving that takes place. That is all I got for you. I am not trained, but am heavily into psychology and hope you heal. Carrying that kind of hate isn't healthy can leads to bad things.

Good luck to you. Take care of yourself. Meditation is a pretty amazing tool.

Old 11-25-2022, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
This message is hidden because h_curtis is on your ignore list.

I see your posts if someone quotes you. To be honest, you came here out of hate towards me. To have that kind of hate isn't really something I want to deal with.

I don't hate anyone, because I am a Christian and we are told not to hate. I disagree with opinions, but don't hate others for a different opinion and try to do my best. That is how Presbyterians are taught. Just look at the Presbyterian Churches in Pittsburgh. They feed the poor with soup kitchens, clothe people that need it, and are welcoming to everyone. Plenty of gays go to them if they are educated.

Just trying to help, but to be honest, you might need more personal type of help from professionals. Christmas is nearing. Just try and be happy and enjoy the giving that takes place. That is all I got for you. I am not trained, but am heavily into psychology and hope you heal. Carrying that kind of hate isn't healthy can leads to bad things.

Good luck to you. Take care of yourself. Meditation is a pretty amazing tool.
two articles, not one. Two pastors not one.

Old 11-28-2022, 02:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,291,036 times
Woman Shot, Thrown From Vehicle Near Downtown Pittsburgh

https://patch.com/pennsylvania/pitts...edium=news_tab

Old 11-28-2022, 08:02 PM

Windows of downtown Pittsburgh business shattered during fight between teens

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/wind...LARS5LUBYWHNY/

“Cardamone, who has been in business for 45 years, told Channel 11 he had never experienced anything like this. He said violent and unruly teens are becoming the norm downtown.“

Old 11-28-2022, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Republicans can’t hold a candle to Dems for that…but very entertaining to watch such behavior get banned in schools and them get so angry about something that supposedly doesn’t exist, lol
Here you go: https://youtu.be/wvvnch1wNic

Old 11-28-2022, 08:26 PM

Adrianna Taylor: Case of missing Cleveland woman found dead in Pittsburgh ruled a homicide

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/pittsbur...home-homicide/

Old 11-29-2022, 06:24 AM

135 posts, read 36,516 times
Quote:
Windows of downtown Pittsburgh business shattered during fight between teens

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/wind...LARS5LUBYWHNY/

“Cardamone, who has been in business for 45 years, told Channel 11 he had never experienced anything like this. He said violent and unruly teens are becoming the norm downtown.“
I thought this thread was just for gun-related violence? I don't know, teens fighting downtown, don't think that is new. Took a dive through the newspapers.com database for Joey C. -- sure, no one likes to see this happen, but Cardamone seems like a serial crank -- gets quoted every 4 - 5 years since the 1980s, on various issue affecting downtown -- subway, fifth/forbes redevelopment, stock market crash -- seems like a pessimistic fellow if his periodic quotes are to be believed.

Old 11-29-2022, 09:08 AM

6,360 posts, read 5,073,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burghophilia-03 View Post
I thought this thread was just for gun-related violence? I don't know, teens fighting downtown, don't think that is new. Took a dive through the newspapers.com database for Joey C. -- sure, no one likes to see this happen, but Cardamone seems like a serial crank -- gets quoted every 4 - 5 years since the 1980s, on various issue affecting downtown -- subway, fifth/forbes redevelopment, stock market crash -- seems like a pessimistic fellow if his periodic quotes are to be believed.
way to smooth it over.

there is, every couple of years, the person who says "its just kids fighting".

i dont know this cardamone but am aware of the hair salon thats been there at least 40 years, and its upscale. the guy has a business there. it is a part of the downtown fabric.

right, he's a miserable curmudgeon - always complaining about the problems downtown when it SHOULD be a free-for-all playground for expression - whether its teens fighting and breaking property (and causing potential for serious harm), drug users (it should be legalized! its the GOP's fault!), panhandlers (its the government's fault!), and the like.

he should go, and take his long established business with him....take the tax dollars, too, who needs them, because the democrats have a magical money tree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh