Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2022, 01:59 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,042,579 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Yes but this concern must be initiated early on. Many of these children are not in the care of their parents anyway. Many of them are wards of the state. The most egregious crimes are committed by children that are or were in the care of CYF. Should we jail the caseworkers responsible for the child? Waiting until the monster is created helps little. Many people fail at parenting. This is why my workload is jammed packed with no end in sight.

We must combat the drug and poverty epidemic but we are failing miserably at that.
Plenty of drugs and poverty in poor country towns and poor suburbs and teens aren’t shooting each other. Black youth is a different game. I assume they all are carrying at this point.

We need stop question and frisk in Pittsburgh. Cops know who does these shootings. If they can’t be aggressive in their job. We tried this leftist experiment long enough. Time for police to roll up their sleeves. Sadly they can’t due to weak leadership that likes to pretend. NYC finally had great leadership with Giuliani and Bloomberg. Now they bought into the fake world and boom they are like us. Stupid.

Old 11-30-2022, 02:04 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,280,778 times
Quote:
Yes but this concern must be initiated early on. Many of these children are not in the care of their parents anyway. Many of them are wards of the state. The most egregious crimes are committed by children that are or were in the care of CYF. Should we jail the caseworkers responsible for the child? Waiting until the monster is created helps little. Many people fail at parenting. This is why my workload is jammed packed with no end in sight.

We must combat the drug and poverty epidemic but we are failing miserably at that.
It can be started when they’re young. If parents/guardians know there’s going to be consequences for themselves if the children get out of line, future parents/guardians will know there’s consequences. Doing nothing continues the behavior.

Old 11-30-2022, 02:24 PM

4,180 posts, read 2,972,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
It can be started when they’re young. If parents/guardians know there’s going to be consequences for themselves if the children get out of line, future parents/guardians will know there’s consequences. Doing nothing continues the behavior.
What are you doing since you have all the answers? You complain ad nauseam so I’ll assume you are concerned. What are you doing about it? Or do you simply get off on being a miserable do nothing complainer

Old 11-30-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
What are you doing since you have all the answers? You complain ad nauseam so I’ll assume you are concerned. What are you doing about it? Or do you simply get off on being a miserable do nothing complainer
I’m certainly not dismissing options to stop these poor entitled criminals from continuing on their path of crime/violent crime. One would think that if you’re in the business of dealing with these criminals that you’d be open to doing something different to head them off to begin with

What’s wrong with holding their parents/guardians responsible versus “that will do absolutely nothing”?

It’s funny how you claim someone is miserable because they don’t agree with you or have the same standards. I’m providing options versus doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

Old 11-30-2022, 03:33 PM

987 posts, read 282,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Plenty of drugs and poverty in poor country towns and poor suburbs and teens aren’t shooting each other. Black youth is a different game. I assume they all are carrying at this point.
Gg, why do you think black youth are like this and white youth aren’t?

Old 11-30-2022, 03:57 PM

Pittsburgh police investigating fatal shooting after man found dead in street

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/poli...edium=news_tab

3 gunned down in midafternoon outside a McKeesport home

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/mck...treet/42100470

Old 11-30-2022, 04:55 PM

Perhaps coming to a city near you. Even extreme Lib city approves, though very sad that violent crime is able to get so bad to begin with in

ROBOCOP US city votes to allow killer crimefighting police robots to patrol the streets

https://www.the-sun.com/tech/6803634...police-robots/

Old 11-30-2022, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post

We need stop question and frisk in Pittsburgh. Cops know who does these shootings. If they can’t be aggressive in their job. We tried this leftist experiment long enough. Time for police to roll up their sleeves. Sadly they can’t due to weak leadership that likes to pretend. NYC finally had great leadership with Giuliani and Bloomberg. Now they bought into the fake world and boom they are like us. Stupid.
But there are countless poverty stricken folks dying in poor country towns. These country towns are drug infested and is no less a threat. Country towns cannot compare to dense urban communities facing decades of neglect. My caseload is overwhelmingly white and suburban. Heroin and opioids is doing to white communities what crack did to black communities in the 80s and 90s. The difference is white addicts are considered sick and not joked about daily in media and print. The government is throwing money at this new epidemic while inner cities were left to rot.

I work for an agency that was started by a black woman to combat the crack epidemics impact on not only black children but families. There was no funding to be had for the crack epidemic. Fast forward we are growing leaps and bounds with endless revenue streams. We went from virtually all black clients to just 30%.

Through all of this addiction and death there are children. These children will be coming of age soon enough and there will be ramifications.

Again what are you doing or are you in denial like that Erie guy?

Old 11-30-2022, 05:03 PM

Quote:
But there are countless poverty stricken folks dying in poor country towns. These country towns are drug infested and is no less a threat. Country towns cannot compare to dense urban communities facing decades of neglect. My caseload is overwhelmingly white and suburban. Heroin and opioids is doing to white communities what crack did to black communities in the 80s and 90s. The difference is white addicts are considered sick and not joked about daily in media and print. The government is throwing money at this new epidemic while inner cities were left to rot.

I work for an agency that was started by a black woman to combat the crack epidemics impact on not only black children but families. There was no funding to be had for the crack epidemic. Fast forward we are growing leaps and bounds with endless revenue streams. We went from virtually all black clients to just 30%.

Through all of this addiction and death there are children. These children will be coming of age soon enough and there will be ramifications.

Again what are you doing or are you in denial like that Erie guy?
What country towns are no less of a threat than cities/towns, and please do compare the numbers of people, crime rates, violence, shootings, homicides, etc?

Lol at denial. The stats and demographic don’t lie. The truth is simply unpopular…and without places to put these poor entitled criminals it’ll continue to get worse doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
I’m certainly not dismissing options to stop these poor entitled criminals from continuing on their path of crime/violent crime. One would think that if you’re in the business of dealing with these criminals that you’d be open to doing something different to head them off to begin with

What’s wrong with holding their parents/guardians responsible versus “that will do absolutely nothing”?

It’s funny how you claim someone is miserable because they don’t agree with you or have the same standards. I’m providing options versus doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.
I am not in the business of dealing with murderous maniacs. You continue to pull BS out of your deflated a$$. I have never been introduced or a part of anything criminal. I do not associate with or pal around with felons. I come from a dignified upstanding black family. Black people are not monolithic which is the case of most races in the US. The only time that rich and poor black folks intermingle is for two hours on Sunday during church services.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh