Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2022, 07:19 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Yeah, I remember some of the protests being held outside of the City-County Building.. the police had a squad of guys wearing riot gear, parked in an unmarked van around the corner. I approached, they were suspicious at first, but cautiously slid the door open - and I told them that I was sorry they have to listen to this (the protest) all of the time, and that the silent majority of people are on their (the police's) side.

Look at how perversely the community responded to Antwon Rose. A teenage thug who engaged in drive-by shootings was beatified, whereas the police officer who (LEGALLY) stopped him was darn near crucified publicly. His life is ruined, while Antwon is now a saint. Instead of using Antwon as a cautionary tale as to what the consequences of teenage boy's bad decisions may be, he's exalted as a blameless victim. And then we wonder why we have such a problem with juvenile gun violence in this community.
What I find most interesting about all of this is why can't city residents see this? Everything is so obvious and clear, yet they just don't want to admit anything or even concur with such simple things. Antwon was being detained in a bullet riddled car that matched the description of the car and suspects that just shot some guy in the gut, who's life clearly doesn't matter, but he did survive it. There was only ONE officer there with no backup yet. He had the shooters covered with his gun, but a couple of the young men that tried to murder someone tried to run. Antwon got shot running and died. Somehow this officer is a horrible person that shouldn't be an officer, but he did his job exactly as trained to protect "the people" from a potential violent criminal. The media of course jumped on this all excited and showed pictures of Antwon in like 6th grade instead of current gang bang style pictures that were very hard to find. I don't even think you can find them at all anymore as that isn't fitting for the story that the media wants to tell.

The officer was found not guilty of course since he did his job correctly, but that part doesn't matter because the blue and orange here BLM people went nuts as they are unhinged anyway and the officer is in hiding somewhere probably and living in fear from the leftist mob.

You can't make this stuff up. Then they wonder why crime is rising like crazy and kids are just shooting guns all over the city and suburbs. But the blue and orange haired women armed with their BLM shirts have spoken. Worked out well.

Old 12-03-2022, 07:56 AM

1,910 posts, read 736,911 times
Quote:
What I find most interesting about all of this is why can't city residents see this? Everything is so obvious and clear, yet they just don't want to admit anything or even concur with such simple things.
It's called virtue signaling. You know the saying, a liberal is a conservative who hasn't yet been mugged.

Old 12-03-2022, 08:07 AM

4,177 posts, read 2,955,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
There were staged anti-police rallies throughout the city daily for 4 1/2 years. I NEVER ONCE saw any resident of the city say they "want the police" or counter protest the wonderful protesters we all lived with for those 4 1/2 years. Where are these residents that "want police"? I at least rode up to a few officers in their patrol cars listening to the anti-police idiots yelling with megaphones to f the police and stated to the two officers, "not everyone feels that way" while I was rolling my eyes and shaking my head at the young idiots yelling and screaming because Trump was president, but they were yelling and screaming against the police since they are clueless young college kids that are barely out of their diapers. Where are these non-vocal residents that want police? Never heard from them, not once.

This year, I am bringing the Zone 5 officers some sweets to show appreciation for what they went through for that 4 1/2 years. It is quiet now since the TDS people don't have to go nuts, but they might run the city streets again due to their organization on Reddit and the like. Barely out of their diapers, but they run the show it seems, not the logical people that are quiet and scared of all the blue and orange haired women with their BLM shirts on.

Have a nice day.
Staged by who? Was there 300k people in attendance every time? Did you confirm that all protesters were city of Pittsburgh residents? I find it hard to believe that a large American city would want to eliminate all police. The protests were held to address police violence. You have a warped sense of reality.

Old 12-03-2022, 09:03 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,962,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Staged by who? Was there 300k people in attendance every time? Did you confirm that all protesters were city of Pittsburgh residents? I find it hard to believe that a large American city would want to eliminate all police. The protests were held to address police violence. You have a warped sense of reality.
The city was held captive for 4 1/2 years by your protesters. I saw no counter protest or even any word from anyone countering them in any way. No one in the city disagreed with the protesters, not once. Didn't even hear anyone disagreeing with them on an interview on TV. The city agreed with the protesters as far as I could tell since they said nothing.

Anyway, back on track. The Mayor seems to think if he can figure out a way of getting illegal guns off the street the violence will stop. Should work.

https://www.wtae.com/article/gainey-...tings/42137585

Old 12-03-2022, 09:07 AM

135 posts, read 35,976 times
Interestingly, we did just get a report from a friend here in Dormont who works in the public service sector downtown/CBD, and they indicated that they had been "informally notified" that, in recent days or weeks (wasn't clear), several folks have been pushed off of bikes in the area, although it was not clear whether this was an attempt to steal such bikes, or whether this was simply done for kicks and/or fueled by mental illness. As you can image, this was passed on to me because, well, I bike quite a bit. Checked that other forum, but didn't see anything, although I know some folks here work in or have connections to the public safety sector, so just wondering if anyone else has heard anything similar.

Old 12-03-2022, 10:19 AM

987 posts, read 279,524 times
Now Eries favorite ex is calling for the termination of the constitution in order to regain power. The loser is really grasping at straws now and is becoming more unhinged br the day! Lol

Old 12-03-2022, 11:18 AM

135 posts, read 35,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Now Eries favorite ex is calling for the termination of the constitution in order to regain power. The loser is really grasping at straws now and is becoming more unhinged br the day! Lol
Oh, Curtis -- how "crazy" you are to be concerned that an ex-President continues to spread lies about the last election. Boy, I wish there was a word to describe folks who try to tell you that you're "crazy" for being concerned about something like this. Well, in the absence of such a word, here's a video that describes it pretty well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQZEoZWHmOY

Old 12-03-2022, 11:23 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,194,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I think criminals do not want police present. Residents, parents and seniors definitely want the police.
Nor do those that say F the police, folks in neighborhoods that don’t want them there, those that blame the police versus the criminals, those that vote for soft on crime political figures that defend and enable criminals, etc…

Old 12-03-2022, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
Lol. It’s always because Trump. He consumed you.

Old 12-03-2022, 11:49 AM

Big Ed must not have been told new in the box guns are being sold to children by legal gun dealers and the Allegheny Commons building is where the criminals are coming from.

Mayor Ed Gainey speaks out after recent violence in Pittsburgh

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/gai...tings/42137585
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh