Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2022, 09:21 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,317,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
That's the way single liberal females think, and they can't see anything wrong with it. Is it any wonder tv news exploits them? I'm thinking it's a cognitive disorder. In earlier times, this thinking wouldn't have made it out of adolescence. The question is, how do they survive day to day with that kind of problem?
I think that they consult a Magic 8-Ball, seriously. Or someone else does, then tells the rest of them what to think and say. That's the only explanation for how so many people can have opinions that don't fit together with other opinions that they hold at all.

Old 10-18-2022, 01:09 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,058,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by svband76 View Post
The mayor's ho-hum, whatever response to this unimaginable tragedy is grounds for impeachment or just getting fired. Incredible. Totally unacceptable.

https://triblive.com/local/2-women-k...rs-police-say/

it wasnt quote-worthy, but what else CAN he say?

he is a typical rust belt mayor. they for the most part (and maybe except for Koch and Bloomberg, both of NYC) are not trained to mobilize and energize actual solutions, or steps to betterment. They simply do not think that way. their only saving grace is when the national economy is in solid expansion and can so offer some opportunity and hope to residents of more desperate neighborhoods.

from the local tv news 2 days ago, Gainey goes:

"we shoulda nevuh closed shuman without a backup plan...!" who is the "WE"? most people in the metro area do not even KNOW what and where Shuman was situated (the structure is still there).

it was closed because of constant code and/or practices violations, wasnt it? (not a rhetorical question - maybe someone knows. online sources hardly speak to specifically WHY its license was revoked, but the link below offers some insight.

this is a total failure of the democrat run city and county. this is a huge disgrace, and if we were run by republicans, then id put the blame THERE, with them. fact is, though, as much as the democrats so much love to believe they are the answer to this country's woes....they ain't.

https://triblive.com/local/state-rev...ention-center/

from that article:

"The latest violations, stemming from an investigation between June 16 and July 1 included a heroin overdose, theft of $140 from a nurse’s purse when a child was left unattended and another incident where a child was left unattended and able to return to the center’s infirmary alone.

Of the last violation, DHS investigators wrote that trusting a child to walk 10 feet through a security door is “an exercise of faith at best.”

“The incident cannot happen nor be taken lightly,” the investigators wrote. “This incident may have triggered a variety of unnecessary and unfortunate other incidents.”

The heroin overdose involved a boy who was able to obtain and take the drug while at Shuman. Three doses of the opioid reversal drug Narcan were required to revive him, according to the DHS report."

Old 10-18-2022, 04:42 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Man found shot in the abdomen in Homewood South

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/hom...er-18/41686486

Old 10-18-2022, 05:34 PM

4,177 posts, read 2,961,359 times
All of the violence in and around downtown and the north side is connected to the Commons apartment complex in the heart of Allegheny Center. It is no mystery. The baby murder in downtown, the air bnb mass shooting, the local football coach near the Aviary, all of the cultural district shootings to name a few. All of the residents average 20 years of age and the long time residents disappeared. The drugs in and around that area is in your face. My parents church is near there and I do have concerns considering their brand new Lincoln truck vanished from Allegheny Center and was never found. East Ohio street is ok during the day but at night it transforms into Michael Jackson’s Thriller video.

Old 10-18-2022, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
All of the violence in and around downtown and the north side is connected to the Commons apartment complex in the heart of Allegheny Center. It is no mystery. The baby murder in downtown, the air bnb mass shooting, the local football coach near the Aviary, all of the cultural district shootings to name a few. All of the residents average 20 years of age and the long time residents disappeared. The drugs in and around that area is in your face. My parents church is near there and I do have concerns considering their brand new Lincoln truck vanished from Allegheny Center and was never found. East Ohio street is ok during the day but at night it transforms into Michael Jackson’s Thriller video.

this is a lot to talk about here...

first, i havent really frequented E Ohio St. in years, except for the Deutschtown thing....i thought the security cameras installed there (maybe 10 years ago?) just about eradicated crime there.

are those cameras still there?

what is going on on East Ohio Street - just drugs, or assaults, etc.? (open question to anyone...)

i am not sure it is a given that the problem is solely from Allegheny Center people, wpipkins...there are some real scary dudes from Northview Heights and California-Kirkbride who get around and are not scared of trouble.

im getting old - i just look away anymore and hope i dont hear a scream of distress, then have to help a woman in trouble or be a witness or something......

Old 10-18-2022, 05:53 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,224,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Since it’s supposedly no mystery, why isn’t Big Ed, the community leaders, folks in the area, etc…, crying that something needs done, doing anything about it? Are you reporting it to the powers that be?

Been a long time since Lincoln made a truck

Last edited by erieguy; 10-18-2022 at 06:18 PM..

Old 10-18-2022, 06:39 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,396,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
this is a lot to talk about here...

first, i havent really frequented E Ohio St. in years, except for the Deutschtown thing....i thought the security cameras installed there (maybe 10 years ago?) just about eradicated crime there.

are those cameras still there?

what is going on on East Ohio Street - just drugs, or assaults, etc.? (open question to anyone...)

i am not sure it is a given that the problem is solely from Allegheny Center people, wpipkins...there are some real scary dudes from Northview Heights and California-Kirkbride who get around and are not scared of trouble.

im getting old - i just look away anymore and hope i dont hear a scream of distress, then have to help a woman in trouble or be a witness or something......

They will never get away from crime on the northside until the park and housing project are gone

Old 10-18-2022, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
They will never get away from crime on the northside until the park and housing project are gone
and in my mind, i quietly and frustratingly circle back to my better, more compassionate self to ask "why is this so? why do people have to be so violent when there are ways to enjoy life, even if you are struggling financially?"

public housing is FREE - you dont have to pay for that. wish someone would pay my rent for a few months....

Old 10-18-2022, 09:14 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,396,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
and in my mind, i quietly and frustratingly circle back to my better, more compassionate self to ask "why is this so? why do people have to be so violent when there are ways to enjoy life, even if you are struggling financially?"

public housing is FREE - you dont have to pay for that. wish someone would pay my rent for a few months....
I know but i worked for years in public housing and not paying for their place doesn't give them any pride in their place. I live in the suburbs because I want a quiet life without any drama. The park gives an easy out, the people come and buy their drugs or steal something then take off into the park to disappear. If you think i am incorrect just go and park on cedar for 30 minutes and watch.

Old 10-19-2022, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I know but i worked for years in public housing and not paying for their place doesn't give them any pride in their place. I live in the suburbs because I want a quiet life without any drama. The park gives an easy out, the people come and buy their drugs or steal something then take off into the park to disappear. If you think i am incorrect just go and park on cedar for 30 minutes and watch.
well, what i meant was - with FREE housing, that is one huge worry off your shoulders.

and i realize those are not ideal conditions, especially to raise children, but i lived in a student slum in Squirrel Hill once, and was paying for that craptastic apartment in a building that would not pass an inspection.

that area near the park has been sketchy for maybe 3 decades. there were very cheap apartment units there in the 90s, i remember. a friend who worked for the police talked me out of getting into renting there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh