Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2022, 09:22 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,204,248 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
and some will make snarky comments, which does not undo the fact that carjacking is now a semi-regular 'thing', and not at odd hours.

it is better there are those that will reveal the ugly truth, despite those so obsessed there'd be racial connotations, that they get flustered and try to kill the messenger.
Many simply don’t want to admit there’s a problem. Skyrocketing violent crime also doesn’t sit or speak well of where they live.

Old 10-22-2022, 03:49 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,900,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Many simply don’t want to admit there’s a problem. Skyrocketing violent crime also doesn’t sit or speak well of where they live.
Nor does it speak well of their 'progressive' reform efforts over the last few years (ie - elimination of cash bail, advocacy for social workers, defund the police, ACAB, 'get out of jail free' cards during the rona paranoia, attempts to further restrict the citizenry's right to defend itself from these animals, blaming everything on race and structural problems in society instead of acknowledging that impoverished minorities have any sort of personal agency or personal responsibility, etc, etc, etc, etc).

Theyd rather stick their heads in the sand like an ostrich, while the criminals steal their wallets, than admit that their worldview was wrong.

Old 10-22-2022, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Nor does it speak well of their 'progressive' reform efforts over the last few years (ie - elimination of cash bail, advocacy for social workers, defund the police, ACAB, 'get out of jail free' cards during the rona paranoia, attempts to further restrict the citizenry's right to defend itself from these animals, blaming everything on race and structural problems in society instead of acknowledging that impoverished minorities have any sort of personal agency or personal responsibility, etc, etc, etc, etc).

Theyd rather stick their heads in the sand like an ostrich, while the criminals steal their wallets, than admit that their worldview was wrong.
Bingo

Old 10-23-2022, 02:57 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,392,312 times
I was expecting more after reading the headline

https://triblive.com/local/pittsburg...orhoods-safer/

Old 10-23-2022, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post

For him, that’s a lot.

Old 10-23-2022, 04:44 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,054,189 times
Quote:

might i add those annoying speed bumps, whether yet to come in the Glen Hazel sub-section, or those existing on Beechwood Boulevard, were put in because some people just cannot control themselves.

the woman who killed that boy in Glen Hazel said "she did not even see him". Of course, because she is another idiot driver.

there are children around there, there is a neighborhood center, families life there....SLOW DOWN.

same on beechwood - that is a beautiful stretch of road, but it IS residential almost entirely from 5th Avenue to where it meets Browns Hill Road in Greenfield. now all of us have to deal with those annoying speed bumps.

thanks, idiots.

Old 10-23-2022, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
might i add those annoying speed bumps, whether yet to come in the Glen Hazel sub-section, or those existing on Beechwood Boulevard, were put in because some people just cannot control themselves.

the woman who killed that boy in Glen Hazel said "she did not even see him". Of course, because she is another idiot driver.

there are children around there, there is a neighborhood center, families life there....SLOW DOWN.

same on beechwood - that is a beautiful stretch of road, but it IS residential almost entirely from 5th Avenue to where it meets Browns Hill Road in Greenfield. now all of us have to deal with those annoying speed bumps.

thanks, idiots.
Bingo…another example of folks not obeying the law and others suffering the consequences.

Old 10-23-2022, 06:08 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,392,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…another example of folks not obeying the law and others suffering the consequences.
I was expecting a plan to curb murders in the north side but instead i got crossing guards without drivers license and speed bumps.

Old 10-23-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
I was expecting a plan to curb murders in the north side but instead i got crossing guards without drivers license and speed bumps.
That’s a more than fair expectation, and would be great news…but with what we’ve seen with Big Ed, it’s a huge expectation.

Old 10-23-2022, 07:39 PM

82 posts, read 30,127 times
2 people shot in front of the BP on E Carson

The usual suspects are at it again
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh