Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-08-2022, 06:42 PM

6,358 posts, read 5,064,808 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
I should add that gun violence is wildly out of control period. Gun violence is not limited to the youth running wild in the hood. You are living in a fake world if you think or suggest otherwise.
yet no one said that, that it is "limited to youth".

Old 08-08-2022, 07:31 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,018,225 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
BS, you were never there. I was. Guliani was EXACTLY right. regardless of how he presents now.

clean up the businesses, roust out the hangers on, eventually the clientele changes.
I have been going to NYC yearly since the early 80's. Every year and never missed. The change when Giuliani took over were AMAZING!. HE got it right and so did Bloomberg. I don't care about if they are wrong or right now, but I do know they got the crime down and down huge.

Are people not looking at statistics at all when it comes to murders in and around Pittsburgh? Do people really think this isn't a black youth problem? Really?

Stop living in these fake worlds, please. Young people are dying daily or at least being shot daily. This isn't a laughing matter. They have their whole lives ahead of them. Just stop pretending! Goodness. We should be working on this as a whole community. Grass roots isn't working and our current style is a joke. We need to stop this leftist movement before we lose more and more young people. It's nuts how many are being shot. Amazingly many live after all these shootings.

Why are people against law and order? I don't get it. Do you like to see black youth dead or something? They matter. We all do.

Just in the past few days.

Two girls shot in Homewood.
Four teens shot in Duquesne
Four young males shot in the North Side
Teen shot in Uptown
Man shot in Morningside
Man shot in head McKeesport
Man shot in Stowe Township
Man shot in Highland Park Jackson Street (didn't make much news, but happened)

Are ANY of these white people? No.

Please we need to get rid of the fake lives and be more real about life in general. We all can fix this problem. We just need to be honest and work towards a goal. I am here to help. I am the only one that offered several solutions.

1. We do need stop question and frisk.
2. We need ALL city gyms to be open till 10PM with mentors, so kids can play basketball and other sports. Kids NEED IT!
3. Kids also need mentoring and tutoring in groups at night. They need to learn from those that can teach.

Why are people against my ideas? I am a Christian that wants people to live well. Why so much hate? I don't hate anyone on here. I can't.

Last edited by gg; 08-08-2022 at 08:07 PM..

Old 08-08-2022, 08:12 PM

4,179 posts, read 2,966,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
yet no one said that, that it is "limited to youth".
I said it. Based on the ages posted these were young men.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:38 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,253,481 times
Big Ed blaming guns and talking a big game on violent criminals. Would love to know how many he’s actually arrested and putting away as he says we need to get to the root cause, as that’s quite simple. Stats and demographics don’t lie.

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/pittsbur...d-park-uptown/

Old 08-08-2022, 08:48 PM
gg

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Big Ed blaming guns....
If he is blaming guns, he is in a fake world. We need to grow and be honest. Please stop the fake worlds promoted by the left. It is honestly nuts.

We all can see in Pittsburgh who is shooting others. Let's focus on it and try and fix it. We could learn a lot from NYC when they crushed crime with Giuliani and Bloomberg. We could crush it here. I hope Pittsburgh can learn from those great leaders and we can get our city back on track. We can all do it together in solidarity. Let's pull together. It takes a community to raise our children, but we do need to be honest about it.

Old 08-08-2022, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
If he is blaming guns, he is in a fake world. We need to grow and be honest. Please stop the fake worlds promoted by the left. It is honestly nuts.

We all can see in Pittsburgh who is shooting others. Let's focus on it and try and fix it. We could learn a lot from NYC when they crushed crime with Giuliani and Bloomberg. We could crush it here. I hope Pittsburgh can learn from those great leaders and we can get our city back on track. We can all do it together in solidarity. Let's pull together. It takes a community to raise our children, but we do need to be honest about it.
He’s a big talk clown that isn’t going to do anything about these losers until folks actually start going hard after him to do something about it. Look what it took to get something done on the Southside. Businesses and folks screaming about the riff-raff. Until the same happens it’ll continue status quo and he’ll blame guns versus the losers that use them, and the community “leaders” aren’t going to do anything. They’re also all talk.

Old 08-08-2022, 09:45 PM
gg

After the mass shooting in Duquesne, they are calling for change. I have the answer. Giuliani and Bloomberg in style and end the mess. Goodness, it is time.

https://www.wtae.com/article/duquesn...hange/40841208

Old 08-08-2022, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
After the mass shooting in Duquesne, they are calling for change. I have the answer. Giuliani and Bloomberg in style and end the mess. Goodness, it is time.

https://www.wtae.com/article/duquesn...hange/40841208
They want change but stay anonymous. These folks are the same ones saying something needs done but when push comes to shove do nothing to enable it, and also many of the same folks that don’t want police in their neighborhoods. They also aren’t going to give any information when it matters most, just like the community leaders won’t.

Old 08-09-2022, 05:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking83 View Post
More guns than people is certainly a problem. No question. You have an issue with people using guns to settle a dispute, yet you are ok with flooding the market with firearms. The weapons being used aren’t allowed for hunting. They are for killing people only.
Nah, too many violent criminals and repeat criminals are the problem.

Lol at used for killing people only. What weapons being used aren’t allowed for hunting, and please be specific?

Old 08-09-2022, 05:56 AM

1,491 posts, read 1,462,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Nah, too many violent criminals and repeat criminals are the problem.

Lol at used for killing people only. What weapons being used aren’t allowed for hunting, and please be specific?
Most shootings happen with semi auto handguns, which most certainly are illegal to hunt with in PA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh