Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-23-2023, 11:56 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,250,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherho View Post
Look, I know you take pride in deflecting, not answering questions when people point out your flaws, and then try to ask them questions without answering theirs and turn around and try to point them as “the issue”. Please Erie, you need to stop. I don’t know if you know how to debate but typically you don’t avoid and try to remove yourself from the issue by demanding answers from others when you provided nothing.
I’m not deflecting anything. I’ve provided stats and a list that no city wants to be on. You refuse to try to explain it and why the next police class won’t be ready for 2 years. You shrug off the problem as it’s no big deal. Contrary to your belief, not everyone has such low standards as to accept the huge problem. Not everyone is as satisfied with it as yourself.

Old 01-23-2023, 11:59 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,105,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
You're not really making a distinction here. The basic point is that you don't like it when people talk about shooting that happen in this area. If people think that local officials are doing a bad job handling crime and violence, why not criticize them, and the people who vote for them? Also, you're the one who has this city line obsession. If you live in Dormont instead of Brookline, in Millvale as opposed Lawrenceville, aside from public schools, what's the difference? Most people don't obsess over whether their house is within the limits of the city of Pittsburgh or not.
Nah, I did make a distinction. The part where I say though I am not happy with the gun violence, I am not sure what the answer is. Nor am I to blame for the uptick no matter what your conservative propaganda machine tells you to repeat. Add to that, I am not bemoaning the reporting of the crime, rather the thread's intentions. This isn't any sincere thread with concerned voices, this is a tabloid style, look how bad you guys have it kind of thread and you know it. I voted for Murphy, was I to blame for any crime during his tenure? Most commenters in this thread do not live here. How are you making a difference? What is your stake? Are you attending community meetings? Are you meeting the police in the neighborhood town hall type meetings? Because I have, all we really get is lip service. Did I think if I voted for that loony tunes Moreno there would be any difference? Hell no. I would never vote for a former cop here, there's too much corruption in the force. And what would Tony have done? Because I don't recall he had any ideas other than to hire more cops. This problem was here before Gainey, he doesn't have a magic wand.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:03 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,486,623 times
If the 2nd amendment was a good thing, every country would want the same. We`re Exhibit A, that it`s a really bad idea. When there are more guns than citizens it`s virtually impossible to keep these things out of the wrong hands.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
If the 2nd amendment was a good thing, every country would want the same. We`re Exhibit A, that it`s a really bad idea. When there are more guns than citizens it`s virtually impossible to keep these things out of the wrong hands.
Nah, I have dozens of guns and they always behave themselves. Too many violent criminals is the problem, especially when they’re dumped back on the streets to do it again. Blaming meanie police and an inanimate object will never solve the problem…with guns getting smuggled in like drugs, it makes it extremely difficult to keep guns out of the wrong hands. Just think, no criminals no use for police or folks to carry guns so as not to be a statistic to these losers.

Old 01-23-2023, 12:11 PM

2,401 posts, read 2,105,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Firearm deaths are passing up other leading causes of death for kids under the age of 19. Most are "accidents" occurring within the home. But nah, America doesn't have a gun problem. /s

Old 01-23-2023, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
Firearm deaths are passing up other leading causes of death for kids under the age of 19. Most are "accidents" occurring within the home. But nah, America doesn't have a gun problem. /s
Bingo. It has a criminal problem, but the death penalty, and life without parole aren’t popular punishments for these losers.

Old 01-23-2023, 01:36 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,015,365 times
Happening now. https://www.wtae.com/article/heavy-p...sport/42624422

Stay safe.

Old 01-23-2023, 01:46 PM

987 posts, read 281,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo. It has a criminal problem, but the death penalty, and life without parole aren’t popular punishments for these losers.
So you “bingo” a post that says most are accidents and then call for the death penalty.

So that would be the death penalty for what then, and please be specific.

Old 01-23-2023, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by h_curtis View Post
So you “bingo” a post that says most are accidents and then call for the death penalty.

So that would be the death penalty for what then, and please be specific.
Nope, I bingo’d a post that has America doesn’t have a gun problem in it and elaborated why I did.

Death penalty for those that intentionally murder someone, and especially with a gun.

Old 01-23-2023, 03:39 PM

Police searching for suspect in Monroeville hotel shooting

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/mon...spect/42612528
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh