Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2023, 05:15 PM

4,179 posts, read 2,969,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Lol. When was the last time Pittsburgh had a Republican mayor? You’re voting for the same people you’re complaining about….but muh Republicans while Lib run cities of Pittsburgh and Philadelphia are seeing huge numbers of shootings and murders and homicides have gone up 39% from a year ago in Pittsburgh and not stopping.

You’ve told us you know where these killers are at, are staying, and even said the AirBnb shooters were living in Allegheny Commons building. You’ve told us that children are getting new in box guns. Have you told Big Ed about this to help with the shootings and murders?

Big Ed is proving to be all talk, but please be specific on what he’s doing?

You’re voting for soft on crime political figures while complaining about them at the same time, and that goes for judges, too. Keep voting the same way and the same results will continue to occur.
When was the last time Pittsburgh had a sane winnable Republican candidate? Not in my lifetime. I would not trust a Republican anti urban with my city. That will never happen.

Old 01-26-2023, 05:20 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,264,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
When was the last time Pittsburgh had a sane winnable Republican candidate? Not in my lifetime. I would not trust a Republican anti urban with my city. That will never happen.
Lol. You’re never voting Republican no matter who the candidate is. Right, you’ll keep voting for the soft on crime political figures and will continue to suffer the consequences

Funny how you keep ignoring the question of telling Big Ed where you say you know where these murderers are and the children that are supposedly get new in the box guns

You also haven’t said what Big Ed is doing to fix the situation.

Old 01-26-2023, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Lol. You’re never voting Republican no matter who the candidate is. Right, you’ll keep voting for the soft on crime political figures and will continue to suffer the consequences

Funny how you keep ignoring the question of telling Big Ed where you say you know where these murderers are and the children that are supposedly get new in the box guns
I vote for the best candidate. I would never ever vote for a candidate that is caught up in Woke, MAGA, white supremacy, QANon, Donald Trump, or insurrection deniers. No way could I ever with a conscience vote for that insanity. My vote would further enable the craziness coming out of your party. A slow death is best while fortifying our party with more black and white leaders who can work in normalcy. I have to much dignity and respect for myself to overlook the obvious. So no I will not vote republican. Never ever at this point.

Old 01-26-2023, 05:48 PM

Quote:
I vote for the best candidate. I would never ever vote for a candidate that is caught up in Woke, MAGA, white supremacy, QANon, Donald Trump, or insurrection deniers. No way could I ever with a conscience vote for that insanity. My vote would further enable the craziness coming out of your party. A slow death is best while fortifying our party with more black and white leaders who can work in normalcy. I have to much dignity and respect for myself to overlook the obvious. So no I will not vote republican. Never ever at this point.
You’re voting for soft on crime political figures that defend and enable criminals and put them back on the streets while complaining about these folks putting them back on the streets.

You’re simply obsessed with the folks you speak of and insist all Republicans fall into these categories.

You’ll continue to do the same thing over and over, make claims that who you vote for is actually doing something about it, and expecting different results of what you’re complaining about, while deflecting from what these folks you’re voting for have done for the skyrocketing murders and shootings Pittsburgh is experiencing, acting like you know where the killers are and who’s getting these new in box guns while providing no proof to it or doing anything about it. You say the community shouldn’t be responsible for dealing with the crime yet you defend Big Ed while not telling us what you say he’s supposedly doing. Keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. Einstein has the perfect definition for that.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:03 PM

Quote:
You’re voting for soft on crime political figures that defend and enable criminals and put them back on the streets while complaining about these folks putting them back on the streets.

You’re simply obsessed with the folks you speak of and insist all Republicans fall into these categories.

You’ll continue to do the same thing over and over, make claims that who you vote for is actually doing something about it, and expecting different results of what you’re complaining about, while deflecting from what these folks you’re voting for have done for the skyrocketing murders and shootings Pittsburgh is experiencing, acting like you know where the killers are and who’s getting these new in box guns while providing no proof to it or doing anything about it. You say the community shouldn’t be responsible for dealing with the crime yet you defend Big Ed while not telling us what you say he’s supposedly doing. Keep doing the same thing and expecting different results. Einstein has the perfect definition for that.
I’m voting for the best overall candidate. The Republican Party cannot produce viable candidates. I do not have to prove anything to you. Who are you? Or who do you think you are? You can’t even remember to use peoples proper names. I would not expect you to understand anything. I do not get paid to solve crimes.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:05 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,027,473 times
Quote:
Martin Luther King, Malcom X and countless others were labeled as “threats” to white America for simply speaking the truth. Many were railroaded and or killed with the blessing and the assistance from the Federal Government. I am not here to sugarcoat or consider white emotional comfort. I simply speak the truth from my point of view.

I am not apart of BLM but I do respect and identify with their accomplishments. Gone are the days where police officers can kill black men with impunity guilty or not. Police can no longer say “ I felt threatened “ or the suspect was aggressive. Today cameras are becoming the norm and officers are held accountable. But it appears that you are confused. BLM and police brutality against US citizens is a totally different issue from inner city street violence. The two are intertwined because police are dealing with out of control children with guns and career criminals. This constant struggle interferes with reality on the street. Through implicit bias and misinformation the police cannot identify the good from the bad. This is where things get complicated. This is where it becomes dangerous for men like me and innocent children. Police pulling guns at routine traffic stops in the hood is very dangerous. The mistrust and misunderstandings continue. You say that you give up? Give up what? Complaining while at the same time doing absolutely nothing.
BLM might have made cameras more normal to show that police are threatened most of the time and are justified in their shooting the awful people that are threatening them AND threatening the community, but cameras have been a thing for a very long time. There have been no police shootings of anyone that wasn't justified in years and years. Sure the cop that shots a black person loses their job because the BLM will go nuts, but they are found not guilty because they did their job correctly. Just like the gangbangers that shot a man in the stomach and then thought it was okay to run after being stopped and told not to run. Sorry, but you run, you should be shot to save a community of their violent behavior that could have someone become a hostage or who knows what. Reality.

BLM created the anti-police atmosphere we all live in. The tattooed women with their nose rings were heard far and wide with their feminine soy-boy partners rioting and going nuts. It isn't the police that are shooting people, it is black youth and it is daily. Pittsburgh Police about never even shoot a gun, yet they are the enemy for some odd reason.

As far as MLK, he was a great speaker and my father had me listen to him and told me he was one of the greatest speakers period. Malcom, not so much. Sadly, MLK's dream is far from reality. Shame.

In the US there are 30 blacks killed every day by someone with a gun and 110 severely injured. 30 is an amazing number and sadly I think it is growing. I can't even wrap my head around it.

I don't know why people get mad at me. I am not pulling the trigger. I am not pretending it isn't happening. I give a crap about it. Why am I a target? I want it to stop and stop now!

Old 01-26-2023, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
BLM might have made cameras more normal to show that police are threatened most of the time and are justified in their shooting the awful people that are threatening them AND threatening the community, but cameras have been a thing for a very long time. There have been no police shootings of anyone that wasn't justified in years and years. Sure the cop that shots a black person loses their job because the BLM will go nuts, but they are found not guilty because they did their job correctly. Just like the gangbangers that shot a man in the stomach and then thought it was okay to run after being stopped and told not to run. Sorry, but you run, you should be shot to save a community of their violent behavior that could have someone become a hostage or who knows what. Reality.

BLM created the anti-police atmosphere we all live in. The tattooed women with their nose rings were heard far and wide with their feminine soy-boy partners rioting and going nuts. It isn't the police that are shooting people, it is black youth and it is daily. Pittsburgh Police about never even shoot a gun, yet they are the enemy for some odd reason.

As far as MLK, he was a great speaker and my father had me listen to him and told me he was one of the greatest speakers period. Malcom, not so much. Sadly, MLK's dream is far from reality. Shame.

In the US there are 30 blacks killed every day by someone with a gun and 110 severely injured. 30 is an amazing number and sadly I think it is growing. I can't even wrap my head around it.

I don't know why people get mad at me. I am not pulling the trigger. I am not pretending it isn't happening. I give a crap about it. Why am I a target? I want it to stop and stop now!
Malcom X was scary to white people for speaking the awful truth. I wouldn’t expect you to relate to the honorable Malcom X… He was a prominent figure in black history. American history.

America is and always been a violent society. We were founded through violence right?

Old 01-26-2023, 06:12 PM

Quote:
I’m voting for the best overall candidate. The Republican Party cannot produce viable candidates. I do not have to prove anything to you. Who are you? Or who do you think you are? You can’t even remember to use peoples proper names. I would not expect you to understand anything. I do not get paid to solve crimes.
Right, you’re voting for the soft on crime candidates that defend and enable criminals and then you complain about the results.

Yet you say you know who is committing the crimes, where they live, and that children are getting new in the box guns while doing nothing about it, just like Big Ed and the community leaders. The area is reaping what it does by continuing to vote this way, yet you complain about what’s happening while doing nothing to fix it, just enabling it to happen.

Old 01-26-2023, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Right, you’re voting for the soft on crime candidates that defend and enable criminals and then you complain about the results.

Yet you say you know who is committing the crimes, where they live, and that children are getting new in the box guns while doing nothing about it, just like Big Ed and the community leaders. The area is reaping what it does by continuing to vote this way, yet you complain about what’s happening while doing nothing to fix it, just enabling it to happen.
You can disconnect. Your input is not needed. You’re in the way. Good night

Old 01-26-2023, 06:19 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,027,473 times
Quote:
Well there was Mark DeSantis in 2006. I can't imagine having such a quality intelligent candidate now. Makes everyone look like idiots if you look at all he has done. Wow. Oh but Pittsburgh voted in the great Luke Ravenstall.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_D...s_(businessman)

Before that was Weinroth, who also was an intelligent man.

https://pittnews.com/article/31417/a...t-improvement/

There have been plenty of good candidates, but if you aren't a Democrat you can't win here. We are stuck in a rut and will never really get out of it.

Way back in Pittsburgh power days there were Republicans that won, but the dems got the unions on their side and....well we lost 300,000++ people during Dem rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh