Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2023, 10:00 AM

408 posts, read 233,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Jesus Christ.....what is wrong with you people?

Okay, here are the rules, then: guns are bad, and we have a bad gun violence problem in this country. We need to have stricter gun laws. But also, talking about gun violence is "alarmist." Because there's not that much of a problem, really. Is that the case, or what is it?

The things that you say don't make a whole lot sense when someone repeats them back to you, do they?
Again, the posts I was replying to were individuals making things sound worse than what they are or if anyone looks at the raw data, and then see how some people here post, it would give the impression that we are as bad as philly or something. Thats all. Then the conversation went to talk about other options to resolve certain issues, not the typical gun laws debate which individuals who watch 24/7 media seem to only bring that up. Stop putting words in my mouth / twisting what is being stated.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:02 AM

2,045 posts, read 793,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
They all think like that. Bad genes or drugs? I suspect psychiatric drugs produce this cognitive problem.
Or they have fetal alcohol syndrome ... or are crack babies.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:06 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherho View Post
Again, the posts I was replying to were individuals making things sound worse than what they are or if anyone looks at the raw data, and then see how some people here post, it would give the impression that we are as bad as philly or something. Thats all. Then the conversation went to talk about other options to resolve certain issues, not the typical gun laws debate which individuals who watch 24/7 media seem to only bring that up. Stop putting words in my mouth ‘ twisting what is being stated.
Well all right, then. Don't ever talk about how we need stricter gun laws, then, at least not around these parts. Because according to you, there isn't much of a problem. That's all I'm saying.

You're another one who makes statements that don't make sense on their face. People aren't talking about the same shootings over and over and over. If almost every day there's a new shooting to talk about, then there must be a lot of shootings.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:14 AM

408 posts, read 233,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Well all right, then. Don't ever talk about how we need stricter gun laws, then, at least not around these parts. Because according to you, there isn't much of a problem. That's all I'm saying.

You're another one who makes statements that don't make sense on their face. People aren't talking about the same shootings over and over and over. If almost every day there's a new shooting to talk about, then there must be a lot of shootings.
Question, have you looked at the raw data or just reading posts / links in this thread? I take it no as you keep stating “if almost every day there’s a new shooting to talk about”. It’s almost as bad as stating “crime jumped up 50%” when while that stat is true, it does not show you what the actual number is. If this is your only source, then you actually have no clue about the problem, types of crimes, what is happening on the ground, or comparable data trends dating back to the 90s. Also, you don’t offer any solution and keep spewing the same gun debate options we’ve heard for decades. No where in this thread I stated it wasn’t a problem either. So again stop putting words in individuals mouth. You’re starting to sound like the talk show host who makes things up.

Old 01-29-2023, 10:22 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,321,946 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Higherho View Post
Question, have you looked at the raw data or just reading posts / links in this thread? I take it no as you keep stating “if almost every day there’s a new shooting to talk about”. It’s almost as bad as stating “crime jumped up 50%” when while that stat is true, but does not show you what the actual number is. If this is your only source, then you actually have no clue about the problem, types of crimes, what is happening on the ground, or comparable data trends dating back to the 90s. Also, you don’t offer any solution and keep spewing the same gun debate options we’ve heard for decades. No where in this thread I stated it wasn’t a problem either. So again stop putting words in individuals mouth. You’re starting to sound like the talk show host who makes things up.
Okay, so there is a problem, but to talk about that problem is to be "alarmist." Makes perfect sense. I'm not making things up, I'm making simple logical deductions. If someone talks often about shootings, and you accuse that person of being "alarmist," then you're saying that there isn't much of a problem. Obviously. You really can't figure this stuff out on your own?

Old 01-29-2023, 02:16 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,404,335 times
Imagine a world where the current laws were inforced. Criminals would stay in jail instead of being set free to commit further crimes. If a celebrity makes an off color joke they are canceled and lose their livelihood but a man gets caught with an illegal gun he is turned loose on society to kill an innocent baby in a drive by. This country fell apart because of a criminal named george floyd but where is the anger over De’Avry Thomas. Calling for more gun laws is just a pathetic way of keeping the cycle going. If people were serious about crime they would first start enforcing the ones we have.

Old 01-29-2023, 02:31 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,264,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Imagine a world where the current laws were inforced. Criminals would stay in jail instead of being set free to commit further crimes. If a celebrity makes an off color joke they are canceled and lose their livelihood but a man gets caught with an illegal gun he is turned loose on society to kill an innocent baby in a drive by. This country fell apart because of a criminal named george floyd but where is the anger over De’Avry Thomas. Calling for more gun laws is just a pathetic way of keeping the cycle going. If people were serious about crime they would first start enforcing the ones we have.
Bingo…and hilarious how serial criminal poor Floyd gets a statue. A role model for folks, and for young folks that no that have learned to be opportunistic losers like those rioted, caused violence, burned it down, etc…, and got free shoes and electronics out of it. I do especially love how the cries to defund the police haven’t worked out and the cities that tried such nonsense have and are still suffering the consequences. Just look at what’s happening in places like California routinely with shootings and they have muh strict gun control. The summer of love certainly sparked the criminals and skyrocketing shootings and murders…but small price to pay, lol, as these burn it down areas suffer years of consequences and some like we see in Pittsburgh never come back from it. Interesting how 5 black officers killing a black man is almost crickets when it comes to protests. The hypocrisy so runneth over.

Still waiting for Big Ed to get those social workers into Pittsburgh to whip these criminals into shape and for results of the plan for peace.

Last edited by erieguy; 01-29-2023 at 02:44 PM..

Old 01-29-2023, 06:11 PM

4,179 posts, read 2,969,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
George Floyd caused all of this? Are you kidding me? His convicted murderer had absolutely nothing to do with it? Are you kidding me? Knock it off and get over yourself. The man was dead and buried.

Old 01-29-2023, 06:17 PM

4,179 posts, read 2,969,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Bingo…and hilarious how serial criminal poor Floyd gets a statue. A role model for folks, and for young folks that no that have learned to be opportunistic losers like those rioted, caused violence, burned it down, etc…, and got free shoes and electronics out of it. I do especially love how the cries to defund the police haven’t worked out and the cities that tried such nonsense have and are still suffering the consequences. Just look at what’s happening in places like California routinely with shootings and they have muh strict gun control. The summer of love certainly sparked the criminals and skyrocketing shootings and murders…but small price to pay, lol, as these burn it down areas suffer years of consequences and some like we see in Pittsburgh never come back from it. Interesting how 5 black officers killing a black man is almost crickets when it comes to protests. The hypocrisy so runneth over.

Still waiting for Big Ed to get those social workers into Pittsburgh to whip these criminals into shape and for results of the plan for peace.
There was this black female police chief that handled the situation properly. Near perfect. Everything from addressing the public immediately to releasing the video at a specific time. The chief immediately terminated and charged the 5 black officers.

I should add that while cities were burning in 2020….Birmingham was not because of her leadership and professionalism. This was handled totally different but nice try. I should add that black officers can be just as corrupt as their white counterparts. Black people have known this since forever.

I think you wanted unrest. That would’ve made your weekend. Since nothing happened it must have been because the murderers were black. How idiotic is that?

Last edited by wpipkins2; 01-29-2023 at 07:12 PM..

Old 01-29-2023, 06:24 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,264,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
There was this black female police chief that handled the situation properly. Near perfect. Everything from addressing the public immediately to releasing the video at a specific time. The chief immediately terminated and charged the 5 black officers.

I should add that while cities were burning in 2020….Birmingham was not because of her leadership and professionalism. This was handled totally different but nice try. I should add that black officers can be just as corrupt as their white counterparts. Black people have known this since forever.

I think you wanted there to be unrest. That would’ve made your weekend. Since nothing happened it must have been because the murderers were black. How idiotic is that?
But but but 4 day delay. Gasp, one officer, while much of the country dealt with opportunistic losers burning it down, causing violence, rioting, looting, etc…, that you condone because “it was a small price to pay.”

Lol. Always love your unfounded claims. I don’t have such standards as yourself to promote such nonsense…and I predicted there wouldn’t be much of any of it and I was certainly right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh