Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2023, 08:28 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,264,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Those riots weren`t so much about the murder of George Floyd, but about 300 years of the same thing going on. Derek Chauvin lit the fuse.
Once again living hundreds of years ago and blaming folks today, and police officers kill more white folks than black folks every year. Interesting how opportunistic losers burning it down, causing violence, rioting, looting, etc…, and used it as an opportunity to steal shoes, electronics, etc…, and sparked skyrocketing shootings and murders are condoned. All but crickets when it comes to such behavior when Nichols gets killed, however. Such hypocrisy.

Old 01-30-2023, 08:50 AM

4,179 posts, read 2,969,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Those riots weren`t so much about the murder of George Floyd, but about 300 years of the same thing going on. Derek Chauvin lit the fuse.
I just can’t believe it’s that difficult to comprehend.

Old 01-30-2023, 09:02 AM

987 posts, read 282,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post

It's not. It's a conscious choice to be obtuse to avoid confronting reality.

Old 01-30-2023, 09:30 AM

1,913 posts, read 744,925 times
Quote:
Every person in the world has difficult ancestral history. Only the weak and stupid let it affect their daily lives. But keep looking behind you. You won't see that mack truck coming.

Old 01-30-2023, 09:44 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,027,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggiezz View Post
Every person in the world has difficult ancestral history. Only the weak and stupid let it affect their daily lives. But keep looking behind you. You won't see that mack truck coming.
My family was from Scotland living under English rule. Talk about horrific. Greeks were enslaved by the Turks and forced into the Mediterranean to die. The world is filled with this type of history. I don’t still hate the English. Intelligent people move forward. The Fin’s lost half their country fighting the Russians. The list is endless.

I don’t need handouts and a president change isn’t going to change my life much although this current nutcase is horrible and has us closer to huge war than anyone in my lifetime. What an idiot.

Some people want an excuse. Some don’t need one.

Old 01-30-2023, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
But why is the reaction so wildly different when 5 black police beat a man to his death? A white man knees on a drug addict and he dies while on drugs, but an innocent man gets pulled out of his car violently and is beaten, chased, tased and then pretty much kicked to death and just peaceful gatherings. Amazing contrast. All cops in both l cases were charged. Sure is interesting. The little gathering in Pittsburgh was nothing. A dozen people standing around.

Seems the sheep that do all this protesting are lost. Duh, the cops were black, duh what do we do now? Duh. They are confused I guess. It is comical and sad at the same time. The sheep are cluelessly roaming around without someone to herd them. They needed that white villain. Poor lost sheep.
The reaction was wildly different because of the Memphis police chief’s leadership? I will repeat that Birmingham did not riot or burn in 2020. Birmingham admittedly has systemic issues within the police department. Birmingham is a rough city with an industrial past similar to Pittsburgh.

What if the 5 police officers were swiftly charge because they are black? You can spin it either way right? Black people can see that playing a part of it but we do know that a bad cop is a bad cop.

Do you think this was the office first best down? This looked like a sport or game or us vs them type behavior. I did not watch the video but I did listen to some audio. The failure to treat this young man.The relaxed nature of all of the first responders was criminal.

Old 01-30-2023, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Bingo…always living in the past and blaming folks today for it

Old 01-30-2023, 11:19 AM

Buildings and cars hit by gunfire in downtown Pittsburgh

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/pit...amage/42697839

Victim lured to carjacking through social media post; Vehicle found in South Park, police say

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/poli...edium=news_tab

Wilkinsburg shooting leaves one injured

https://www.wtae.com/amp/article/wil...venue/42698235

Old 01-30-2023, 11:25 AM

Quote:
You assume that I allow my past to impact my daily life? How stupid are you? I live life to the fullest and only a stupid fool like yourself would assume otherwise. I come from generations of black success. I also acknowledge reality and will always speak on it. I do not consider your white sensitivities or comfort.

Old 01-30-2023, 11:36 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,906,272 times
Quote:
You assume that I allow my past to impact my daily life?
Yes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh