Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2023, 04:57 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,964,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
What changed because of that little babys death? The family was traumatized but not the community. If it was there would be demands for a change in the bail system.
There was a baby killed in downtown. This horrific crime was solved almost immediately because of police technology and community assistance. The community is constantly traumatized by constant murders of children. The community is traumatized. Are you disputing this fact? Do you think young black children are numb to these tragic events? Do you think parents are ok with violence while their children and possibly parents and grandparents walk city streets? Do you feel as if black people do not love their family members? Not sure where you stand here.

Old 01-30-2023, 05:04 AM

4,178 posts, read 2,964,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james777 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
Floyd was a violent criminal.

Between 1997 and 2005, Floyd was arrested several times on drug and theft charges and spent months in jail.

In 2007, Floyd was charged with aggravated robbery in which he allegedly placed a gun on a woman’s abdomen and demanded drugs and money. In 2009, he pleaded guilty and received a five-year prison sentence. He got out on parole in 2013.

He pointed a gun at a women's stomach. Come on.

Why is this different? Ah, I am right aren't I. I know I am and so does everyone else.

So you are saying it is not a violent crime to point a gun at a woman's abdomen and demand money. In my view, it is a very violent crime. Too bad that woman didn't pull out a gun and blow him away when he did that. The world would have been a much better place the past four years.

His past does not justify the murder. If I was murdered what would the excuse be? I was aggressive? Or better yet the cop feared for his life? Or I made a sudden move??? Driving reckless without video to support? This is nothing new and there will always be a breaking point. You guys reached that point and obviously still haven’t learned. Sad.

Old 01-30-2023, 06:14 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
I feel it is not what happens to the victim but who does it to the victim.
This seems to be 100% correct. 5 black police beat a man to death and there are just some little gatherings and such. A white cop kneels on some man on drugs with a criminal past and BOOM riots, looting and burning in every city. There are only two things to look at considering the kneeling cop is serving 21 years for his crime, so justice was indeed served.

1. Trump was in office during the kneeling white cop and the crazy looting, burning and rioting left wanted to go nuts no matter what happens due to TDS.

2. If black police beat someone to death it. isn't as big of a deal as if a white cop kneels on a man heavily on drugs with a. criminal past.

Sure is a contrast.

Old 01-30-2023, 06:49 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,483,136 times
Quote:
This seems to be 100% correct. 5 black police beat a man to death and there are just some little gatherings and such. A white cop kneels on some man on drugs with a criminal past and BOOM riots, looting and burning in every city. There are only two things to look at considering the kneeling cop is serving 21 years for his crime, so justice was indeed served.

1. Trump was in office during the kneeling white cop and the crazy looting, burning and rioting left wanted to go nuts no matter what happens due to TDS.

2. If black police beat someone to death it. isn't as big of a deal as if a white cop kneels on a man heavily on drugs with a. criminal past.

Sure is a contrast.
Those riots weren`t so much about the murder of George Floyd, but about 300 years of the same thing going on. Derek Chauvin lit the fuse.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:01 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,669,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
His past does not justify the murder.
^ Bingo.

Only the present circumstances matter. An officer should only be murdering someone if it is justifiably in self-defense (i.e. If I'm a cop, and an actor pulls a gun and points it at me, I am trained to shoot). You don't murder someone because they were mean to you or because they were non-lethally resisting arrest.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:07 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,104,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Wow. Once again, you obviously contradict yourself. You say that the country has a gun problem, but then you get upset when people mention gun violence. You say that you would never vote for a former police officer to be mayor, showing yourself to be anti-police. Who do you think is supposed to enforce these stricter gun laws that you apparenly want? People like you are very confused.
I can acknowledge this country has a problem with too many guns, and still stand by my statement that this is a BS thread meant to stir up negative hostility towards the city, its residents, and the mayor. I am not necessarily anti police, but I am anti corruption in the force. Why would I vote for a candidate that would always back the cops no matter what? Cops make mistakes, let's put a guy in who would be unlikely to cross the thin blue line? No thanks.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:08 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,104,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by szug-bot View Post
funny thing is, yours is a response to someone who does their best to make any thread more Jerry Springer than a "sincere thread with concerned voices".

Talk about hypocrisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh **** off, seriously.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:33 AM

1,913 posts, read 742,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Those riots weren`t so much about the murder of George Floyd, but about 300 years of the same thing going on. Derek Chauvin lit the fuse.
So, if someone was victimized by a black at any time in the past, they now have the right to burn down a neighborhood.? Got it.

There needs to be a test to detect this cognitive disorder.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:41 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,006,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityRising View Post
^ Bingo.

Only the present circumstances matter. An officer should only be murdering someone if it is justifiably in self-defense (i.e. If I'm a cop, and an actor pulls a gun and points it at me, I am trained to shoot). You don't murder someone because they were mean to you or because they were non-lethally resisting arrest.
But why is the reaction so wildly different when 5 black police beat a man to his death? A white man knees on a drug addict and he dies while on drugs, but an innocent man gets pulled out of his car violently and is beaten, chased, tased and then pretty much kicked to death and just peaceful gatherings. Amazing contrast. All cops in both l cases were charged. Sure is interesting. The little gathering in Pittsburgh was nothing. A dozen people standing around.

Seems the sheep that do all this protesting are lost. Duh, the cops were black, duh what do we do now? Duh. They are confused I guess. It is comical and sad at the same time. The sheep are cluelessly roaming around without someone to herd them. They needed that white villain. Poor lost sheep.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:55 AM

32,620 posts, read 77,669,252 times
Quote:
But why is the reaction so wildly different when 5 black police beat a man to his death? A white man knees on a drug addict and he dies while on drugs, but an innocent man gets pulled out of his car violently and is beaten, chased, tased and then pretty much kicked to death and just peaceful gatherings. Amazing contrast. All cops in both l cases were charged. Sure is interesting. The little gathering in Pittsburgh was nothing. A dozen people standing around.

Seems the sheep that do all this protesting are lost. Duh, the cops were black, duh what do we do now? Duh. They are confused I guess. It is comical and sad at the same time. The sheep are cluelessly roaming around without someone to herd them. They needed that white villain. Poor lost sheep.
I acknowledge that police brutality is an issue in this country.

With that being said police officers are LAW ENFORCEMENT officers. Many protests and/or animus towards police are because they are employed to enforce what the protesters deem to be "unjust" laws. If those laws are "unjust", then why aren't they protesting against elected officials in Harrisburg and/or Washington, DC to effect change so that there will be fewer "unjust" laws for LAW ENFORCEMENT officers to enforce?

It really seems to be a big dog and pony show. Let's pit often poorly-educated members of the public with anger management issues against police officers who feel zero support from the community or their superiors and wonder why things are a mess in this country while elected officials are NOT held accountable for their on (in)actions.

To this day I'll never understand why Pittsburgh became Ground Zero for all of the Antwon Rose Jr. protesting when it happened many miles away in EAST Pittsburgh BOROUGH. We Pittsburghers had nothing to do with the slaying of Antwon Rose Jr., yet we city residents/taxpayers had to foot the seven-figure public safety overtime bill for those protests. I am still awaiting EAST Pittsburgh BOROUGH to reimburse the city for their ineptitude in hiring/training leading to problems that MY city---a city where I am told there is no more funding available for more litter cans to ameliorate the litter epidemic---had to endure and foot the bill for.

Oh, and to quote one of my easily-offended middle-aged white female acquaintances from Brighton Heights, I am "privileged" if I find litter to be an issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh