Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2022, 09:51 AM

468 posts, read 123,597 times

Advertisements

Also, don't hate "the Russians," (and much like Sting, I hope the Russians love their children too) just don't care for Putin's unlawful war and/or incursion against Ukrainian sovereignty, and believe it is the national interest of the US and other western democracies to aid the Ukrainians.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:08 AM

2,401 posts, read 2,100,231 times
All guns in the hands of criminals were brand new in the box at one time. The police who come to our neighborhood meetings tell us of guns stolen from UNLOCKED vehicles REGULARLY. This is how guns get in the hands of children. Do better gun owners. erieguy, no need to respond I am not talking to you nor do I see your posts because I blocked your weak ass years ago. ****in loser, get a girlfriend or a hobby or something. There's life outside of Pittsburgh City Data.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:11 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
All guns in the hands of criminals were brand new in the box at one time. The police who come to our neighborhood meetings tell us of guns stolen from UNLOCKED vehicles REGULARLY. This is how guns get in the hands of children. Do better gun owners. erieguy, no need to respond I am not talking to you nor do I see your posts because I blocked your weak ass years ago. ****in loser, get a girlfriend or a hobby or something. There's life outside of Pittsburgh City Data.
Let’s not forget that criminals break into vehicles, homes, etc…, and steal guns from law abiding folks that purchased them legally. The way they also get in the hands of children is criminals putting them in their hands. Keep blaming guns and law abiding folks versus the loser criminals that should be locked up and the violent criminals that should never see the light of day again, and it’ll continue to happen.

Old 07-28-2022, 10:34 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by norcider View Post
All guns in the hands of criminals were brand new in the box at one time. The police who come to our neighborhood meetings tell us of guns stolen from UNLOCKED vehicles REGULARLY. This is how guns get in the hands of children.
So if you steal opioid medication from me, and you overdose, is it my fault?
Or what if I forget to lock my car, and you steal it and take it on a joyride and kill a pedestrian? Is that my fault too?

Old 07-28-2022, 10:58 AM

41,018 posts, read 18,189,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Or what if I forget to lock my car, and you steal it and take it on a joyride and kill a pedestrian? Is that my fault too?

Old 07-28-2022, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
So, I think you are conflating criminal liability with broader societal efforts to reduce the supply and availability of guns (or opioids for that matter). For example, would it be a "good thing" if, while protecting everyone's 2nd amendment rights, there just happened to be less guns in circulation (i.e., people just lost interest, and decided to devote their time to other diversions, like pickleball)? Who will join my pickeball for life campaign (trade in a gun, get a pickleball racquet)? Anyone?

Old 07-28-2022, 11:10 AM

2,860 posts, read 1,898,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burghophilia View Post
So, I think you are conflating criminal liability with broader societal efforts to reduce the supply and availability of guns (or opioids for that matter). For example, would it be a "good thing" if, while protecting everyone's 2nd amendment rights, there just happened to be less guns in circulation (i.e., people just lost interest, and decided to devote their time to other diversions, like pickleball)? Who will join my pickeball for life campaign (trade in a gun, get a pickleball racquet)? Anyone?
I'm using examples of the ridiculousness of laws designed to punish law-abiding people who have had their property stolen from them and then misused, resulting in harm to people.
There's all of this BS talk of blaming law-abiding gun owners and passing laws against them (safe storage laws, mandatory reporting of stolen guns, etc) instead of placing the responsibility where it truly belongs: on the criminals who illegally acquire the guns and then illegally use them.

Why is gun violence's legislative solution infringing on the rights of law-abiding citizens, instead of increasing the penalties for those who illegally possess or use guns?? If anyone talks of harsher sentences and harsher application of existing gun laws, the left accuses them of being a 'white supremacist' who supports the 'prison-industrial-complex' and the 'school-to-prison-pipeline'.

Old 07-28-2022, 11:15 AM

Fair enough -- not super interested in the crime issue, but I just don't know why you wouldn't pair enforcement/punishment with (lawful/constitutional) means of decreasing the supply (although it seems that the current Supreme Court has made that latter option more difficult in recent years). Criminals gonna crime, one way or the other, by I'd like them to do their "criming" with out the gunning.

Old 07-28-2022, 11:29 AM

3,595 posts, read 3,389,024 times
What percentage of nra members commit gun crimes? I can't find that information anywhere.

Old 07-28-2022, 11:53 AM

12,265 posts, read 6,466,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Let’s not forget that criminals break into vehicles, homes, etc…, and steal guns from law abiding folks that purchased them legally. The way they also get in the hands of children is criminals putting them in their hands. Keep blaming guns and law abiding folks versus the loser criminals that should be locked up and the violent criminals that should never see the light of day again, and it’ll continue to happen.
In the first 5 months of this year the Nashville police had reports of 625 guns stolen from vehicles. Yes, I`ll continue to blame law abiding folks for letting criminals have their guns. I expect your guardian angel mods to dump this comment as they do every other comment that makes you look silly. Whatever.
https://fox17.com/news/local/police-...ime-alert-nest
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh