Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-31-2021, 04:00 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,071,706 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetireinPA View Post
the problem with those stats is they are averaged over the size of the city and its metro area...most cities, pittsburgh especially, the bulk of these occur in literally a couple blocks. take out inner harbor or hampsterdam in baltimore...and its a quite peaceful city.
I would imagine it is directly related to the size of the black population as those are the areas most affected as it has always been and will be. If you don't cooperated with police at all, you sort of have to have a lot of shootings and if you are anti-police that even compounds the situation. I guess it is worth the shootings to get the city to allow no car inspections, allowed to ride quads and dirt bikes doing wheelies all over the city and just have very few laws. I am saying this, not to put it down, but to try and learn from it. It must be worth it to have the shootings, to live more freely without regulation.

I honestly am trying to understand more and be accepting of how others want to live. It isn't for me, but so what? I can move anywhere I want at this stage of my life.

Wishing everyone a Happy New Year! I am truly thankful for so much and a special thanks to our forefathers and oilmen that led the way for the most amazing years in human history. Hats off to them all.

Enjoy!

Old 12-31-2021, 04:48 PM

4,182 posts, read 2,978,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gg View Post
I miss uptownkid shedding light on all these shootings, but at the end of the day it is always the same stories. Sure are a lot of murders around here, but Pittsburgh is mild compared to other cities I guess.
What they haven't disclosed is that one of the victims is a child. From what I hear he was a Homewood little league football player. The other adult male and female may have been a couple? This sounds like domestic abuse.

I was on my way to Starbucks this morning. This happened at the intersection of Hamilton and Braddock Avenues. The so many cars and lights at 5am. Terrible

Old 12-31-2021, 10:12 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,911,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
What they haven't disclosed is that one of the victims is a child. From what I hear he was a Homewood little league football player. The other adult male and female may have been a couple? This sounds like domestic abuse.

I was on my way to Starbucks this morning. This happened at the intersection of Hamilton and Braddock Avenues. The so many cars and lights at 5am. Terrible
Horrific.... I can't imagine who could shoot a child

Old 12-31-2021, 11:15 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,311,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Horrific.... I can't imagine who could shoot a child
The outreach groups and community folks will be complaining about it but won’t do anything to stop it. They’ll shrivel up and blame the police instead.

Old 01-01-2022, 12:12 AM

82 posts, read 30,441 times
a person has been shot in the chest at 17th and E Carson. Happy New Year Pittsburgh!

Old 01-01-2022, 12:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by royaljoker View Post
a person has been shot in the chest at 17th and E Carson. Happy New Year Pittsburgh!
More to come, and be defended by Big Ed. The next 4 years are going to make for great tv.

Old 01-01-2022, 10:23 AM

1 person in critical condition, 2 others hurt after shooting in Pittsburgh’s South Side overnight

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/1-pe...edium=news_tab

Old 01-01-2022, 10:58 AM
gg

26,137 posts, read 26,071,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post

Very sad indeed.

As you and SCR pointed out, I haven't been a positive poster on this board, so this being a new year and today is the start, maybe if I post, I will be more proactive on positive happenings. Sometimes it is good to hear from you and SCR if you get tired of my posts. I'm tired of the violence, but there is nothing I can do about it and nothing is going to change, so why focus on it I guess.

Have a nice New Year.

Old 01-01-2022, 11:04 AM

10,920 posts, read 4,661,170 times
3 more shot in the head in homewood overnight...so thats 6 vics 12 hours into the new year

Old 01-01-2022, 11:08 AM

198 posts, read 81,259 times
Bars are just legal crack houses.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh