Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-16-2022, 09:53 AM

4,045 posts, read 4,440,077 times

Advertisements

Celebrating the democrats electoral victories?;

Old 11-16-2022, 10:20 AM

4,179 posts, read 2,969,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truth11 View Post
Celebrating the democrats electoral victories?;
Yes. I am still celebrating the election victories. It says a lot about the republicans ineptitude and disconnect from reality.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:24 AM

32,621 posts, read 77,707,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpipkins2 View Post
Yes. I am still celebrating the election victories. It says a lot about the republicans ineptitude and disconnect from reality.
All Democrats aren't morons. All Republicans aren't morons.

We need both sides of the aisle to compromise more and to unify more frequently and step away from the polarization that is gripping this country. I like that I know some conservative Republicans who voted for Shapiro because they thought Mastriano was a loon. Similarly we need some liberal Democrats to vote for moderate Republicans (i.e. the Mitt Romney, John McCain, John Kasich, etc. types) to restore some semblance of sanity in this country. I'm a moderate myself who leans left of center. I'm pro-choice. I'm pro-LGBTQ+ equality. I'm also pro-2nd Amendment and pro-police (albeit also pro-police accountability). I don't really feel like I have a home anymore in either party, and it's a shame.

Democrats won handily for the gubernatorial race because Shapiro is a centrist candidate who could also appeal across the aisle. Mastriano was not, and nobody should be surprised he lost in a landslide.

In terms of Fetterman vs. Oz I did not like either candidate. I did not feel like Fetterman was very inspiring even pre-stroke, and while I thought Oz did a fabulous job in the debate I also caught him lying unapologetically, which is a turn-off for me.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
The dems want to keep people down, that is where their votes come from. Until people start to wake up the cycle will never stop.
Challenging a woman's right to choose keeps people down. Lying about the election kept republicans down. Republicans have not and will not do anything to combat crime. These so called republican saviors are so disconnected from anything inner city or urban......only a fool would trust them to resolve this issue or any issue for that matter. Republicans are still stuck on dealing with 2020 issues. It is almost 2023.....

Old 11-16-2022, 10:28 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,264,955 times
Quote:
Voting for soft on crime clowns that defend and enable criminals is the disconnect from reality, especially with the skyrocketing violent crime that’s occurring and getting worse, especially in the Lib run crime cesspools like Philadelphia for instance, except for those that approve of that behavior. Putting clowns like Fetterman and Summer Lee in office is going to be entertaining to watch, along with watching how quickly more crime continues to rise in both Pittsburgh and Philly and their inner suburbs.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Voting for soft on crime clowns that defend and enable criminals is the disconnect from reality, especially with the skyrocketing violent crime that’s occurring and getting worse, especially in the Lib run crime cesspools like Philadelphia for instance, except for those that approve of that behavior. Putting clowns like Fetterman and Summer Lee in office is going to be entertaining to watch, along with watching how quickly more crime continues to rise in both Pittsburgh and Philly and inner suburbs.
The talking points and dog whistle no longer works Erieguy. Name calling may make you feel better but that no longer works either. You need some type of renaissance, a transformation, or a redo. Using the same effort without gain repeatedly is foolish. Stop being foolish as it is painful and embarrassing to watch.

Summer Lee is a fine young black woman and she is up for the challenge. Did I mention that Summer Lee's win was a history making event for the region and state. Cheers to Summer Lee!

Old 11-16-2022, 10:40 AM

32,621 posts, read 77,707,208 times
Quote:
The talking points and dog whistle no longer works Erieguy. Name calling may make you feel better but that no longer works either. You need some type of renaissance, a transformation, or a redo. Using the same effort without gain repeatedly is foolish. Stop being foolish as it is painful and embarrassing to watch.

Summer Lee is a fine young black woman and she is up for the challenge. Did I mention that Summer Lee's win was a history making event for the region and state. Cheers to Summer Lee!
He's just an angry person. He truly is. I have thrown him bones on here before and have defended him, yet I have caught him several times recently making backhanded personal remarks regarding me that he thinly-veiled (i.e. "Sort of like living in a bad neighborhood and doing nothing about it..."). Meanwhile he doesn't know what it's like to live in a neighborhood where "snitches get stitches" because he's affluent. If he snitched on his neighbor in Cranberry for dealing weed he wouldn't have to worry about anything. If I snitched on my neighbor in Marshall-Shadeland for dealing heroin/fentanyl I would instantly become a target of all the bullets I hear being shot on a weekly basis in the surrounding blocks, and I'm actually intelligent enough to know that the Pittsburgh Police are currently too shorthanded to beef up patrols in Marshall-Shadeland to a meaningful level to make me feel safe IF I were to snitch, like erieguy wants me to.

1,913 posts, read 744,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
The dems want to keep people down, that is where their votes come from. Until people start to wake up the cycle will never stop.
What will they do when Mexicans take over urban governments and cut them off from the free s*it? You know it's coming.

Quote:
Challenging a woman's right to choose keeps people down. Lying about the election kept republicans down. Republicans have not and will not do anything to combat crime. These so called republican saviors are so disconnected from anything inner city or urban......only a fool would trust them to resolve this issue or any issue for that matter. Republicans are still stuck on dealing with 2020 issues. It is almost 2023.....
Considering you’ve said many times “F the police”, it’s obvious you’re not concerned with crime being handled, and I don’t recall Republicans expressing that statement. I also don’t see Dems promoting life without parole or capital punishment. I also don’t recall Republicans crying to defund the police…and as I’ve previously proven, many don’t want police in the areas where crime is a major issue.

Old 11-16-2022, 10:44 AM

Quote:

You hear dog whistles that aren’t even there, and there’s no name calling involved. Fetterman and Lee are proven soft on crime clowns, and you vote for and enable that to continue by voting for them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh