Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2022, 10:14 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,395,235 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
Another repeat violent criminal. So sad

Pittsburgh man on Megan’s Law registry charged for allegedly sexually assaulting girl

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/pitt...edium=news_tab
Such a shame the judges, da, parole board and probation officers can't protect the people who need it the most.

Old 11-02-2022, 06:25 AM

41,016 posts, read 18,218,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Such a shame the judges, da, parole board and probation officers can't protect the people who need it the most.
Bingo…they keep dumping them back on the streets to do it again…, but because Trump, the GOP, society, the media, etc…, and then vote in another soft on crime clown, lol

Last edited by erieguy; 11-02-2022 at 06:37 AM..

Old 11-02-2022, 09:43 AM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I get it, hating Philadelphia, hating Pennsylvania, and hating most of the people in the United States is "being a patriot" to you. It's a disgusting vein of culture that has existed in the US for generations. Nothing new. Basically all your arguments summed up in a political cartoon published in the summer of 1969:
This is rich coming from you, seeing as how you do nothing but bash Republicans, who make up a large part of the country's population. Also, if anyone here is "hating Pennsylvania," it's you.

You can compare Pennsylvania's gun violence rate to those of New Hampshire and Vermont (seriously?) all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of gun violence in PA happens in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and old mill towns surrounding Pittsburgh. Places that are 100% Democrat owned-and-operated, and have been for as long as anyone can remember. Your argument is ridiculous.

So anyway, Mr. Gun Control, what policies regarding guns do you want to see enacted? Do you want to see police aggressively hunt down anyone on the streets who may have a gun, and for anyone caught having one to face stiff penalties? Should the police perhaps use a tactic called, I don't know, "stop and frisk?" What would you like the sentence for gun possession to be? Two years in prison? Three?

Last edited by fat lou; 11-02-2022 at 09:52 AM..

Old 11-02-2022, 09:48 AM

Quote:
Philly is a much better place to have a job, live, and open a business.
Is it also a better place to raise a family, and send your kids to the local public schools? Let me guess: you're a childless twentysomething who is still paying rent, yet thinks he knows everything?

Also, your position here seems unclear. You seem to abhor guns and gun violence, yet you defend the city that has an awful gun violence problem, and get upset when someone mentions that problem. According to most of your other rants, you should consider Philadelphia to be one of the worst places in the state, hands down.

Last edited by fat lou; 11-02-2022 at 10:13 AM..

Old 11-02-2022, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Is it also a better place to raise a family, and send your kids to the local public schools? Let me guess: you're a childless twentysomething who is still paying rent, yet thinks he knows everything?
They think Cranberry is just an interchange so it’s obvious they don’t get to Western PA much, if at all, which is what I’d wager. Though they obviously spend a lot of time going to NJ

Last edited by erieguy; 11-02-2022 at 10:19 AM..

Old 11-02-2022, 09:54 AM

Quote:
weird, could not tell.
You can tell how many countries someone has been to by reading a few posts that they made on the internet? Wow, you're a special kind of know-it-all, aren't you?

Old 11-02-2022, 10:11 AM

Wow….and Gainey blaming guns when there was intelligence to possible violence. He’s proving to be more clueless and weaker than than suspected.

Mayor Gainey confirms there was intelligence of possible violence at Brighton Heights funeral

https://www.wesa.fm/show/the-conflue...eights-funeral

Old 11-02-2022, 10:15 AM

7,740 posts, read 5,521,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
This is rich coming from you, seeing as how you do nothing but bash Republicans, who make up a large part of the country's population. Also, if anyone here is "hating Pennsylvania," it's you.

You can compare Pennsylvania's gun violence rate to those of New Hampshire and Vermont (seriously?) all you want, but that doesn't change the fact that the vast majority of gun violence in PA happens in Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, and old mill towns surrounding Pittsburgh. Places that are 100% Democrat owned-and-operated, and have been for as long as anyone can remember. Your argument is ridiculous.

So anyway, Mr. Gun Control, what policies regarding guns do you want to see enacted? Do you want to see police aggressively hunt down anyone on the streets who may have a gun, and for anyone caught having one to face stiff penalties? Should the police perhaps use a tactic called, I don't know, "stop and frisk?" What would you like the sentence for gun possession to be? Two years in prison? Three?
1. Sure, to a degree.
2. They never stopped doing stop and frisk in philadelphia in certain parts of the city, but more driving enforcement is fine by me

3. i mean it depends on the weapon, an AK47? Decade plus. Figure out where they come from.

And I don't "hate republicans", as in the actual voters. I'm trying to tell the voters that the leaders of the PA GOP are tricking them and doing nothing to improve our state. I don't Corman and the other toadies like him in Harrisburg. They're driving Penn State into the ground and the state as a whole. They refuse to pass the law to allow voter-started referendums, they refuse to ban gift giving (Corman and his wife just took a nice trip on Pittsburgh's dime: https://www.spotlightpa.org/news/202...e-europe-trip/), they really don't do anything but pay themselves some of the highest state legislature salaries in the country.

Quote:
You can tell how many countries someone has been to by reading a few posts that they made on the internet? Wow, you're a special kind of know-it-all, aren't you?
I mean, if you tell people that you are so well traveled and spent time in places that have much stiffer gun laws and much lower crime, I thought he might have a bigger view of the world and different politics

Old 11-02-2022, 10:23 AM

Speaking of Philly, Sleepy Joe at at least got something right, though their reputation does precede them. https://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news...3409746/?amp=1

Perhaps he could do something with the state being so soft on crime and put violent criminals away for life.

Old 11-02-2022, 10:26 AM

Quote:
1. Sure, to a degree.
2. They never stopped doing stop and frisk in philadelphia in certain parts of the city, but more driving enforcement is fine by me

3. i mean it depends on the weapon, an AK47? Decade plus. Figure out where they come from.

And I don't "hate republicans", as in the actual voters. I'm trying to tell the voters that the leaders of the PA GOP are tricking them and doing nothing to improve our state. I don't Corman and the other toadies like him in Harrisburg. They're driving Penn State into the ground and the state as a whole. They refuse to pass the law to allow voter-started referendums, they refuse to ban gift giving (Corman and his wife just took a nice trip on Pittsburgh's dime: https://www.spotlightpa.org/news/202...e-europe-trip/), they really don't do anything but pay themselves some of the highest state legislature salaries in the country.

I mean, if you tell people that you are so well traveled and spent time in places that have much stiffer gun laws and much lower crime, I thought he might have a bigger view of the world and different politics
You can write this sort of thing on the internet, but it's not going to work out smoothly in real life. Very strict gun laws will disproportionately affect lower-class black communities to an extreme degree. Moreso than drug laws, and we already see the uproar about that. Judging by the other things you've written here, it wouldn't surprise me if you would be one of the first people complaining about it.

We've already seen some of this pushback in California: https://www.dailywire.com/news/calif...eople-of-color
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh