Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2022, 02:00 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,404,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieguy View Post
No question about that in Philly. Interesting how Philly folks come and complain, especially with the hUUUge crime problem they have and don’t recall them saying anything about putting violent criminals away for life. They blame guns, the police, because Trump, etc…, while reaping what they sow by voting for soft on crime powers that be, and Fetterman is next on their list
Who cares what the laws are if they are not enforced, look at chicago with it's tough gun laws.

Old 11-01-2022, 02:05 PM

41,016 posts, read 18,264,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guy2073 View Post
Who cares what the laws are if they are not enforced, look at chicago with it's tough gun laws.
Bingo…and the loser violent criminals know it, hence they’re dumped back on the streets to become repeat criminals because the consequences are so weak.

Old 11-01-2022, 02:07 PM

7,741 posts, read 5,537,738 times
Quote:

Philly is a crime cesspool, proven by the number of homicides of 561 last year.
I get it, hating Philadelphia, hating Pennsylvania, and hating most of the people in the United States is "being a patriot" to you. It's a disgusting vein of culture that has existed in the US for generations. Nothing new. Basically all your arguments summed up in a political cartoon published in the summer of 1969:

Old 11-01-2022, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
I get it, hating Philadelphia, hating Pennsylvania, and hating most of the people in the United States is "being a patriot" to you. It's a disgusting vein of culture that has existed in the US for generations. Nothing new. Basically all your arguments summed up in a political cartoon published in the summer of 1969:
Love the deflection, and sounds like you with Conservatives, because Trump, GOP, etc…, which is a whole lot of folks. My feelings simply get hurt and I don’t hate any of the above…and those 561 homicides in Philly prove what a crime cesspool it is and is the main problem with PA crime stats. It’s hilarious how criminals don’t get blamed but guns, the police, because Trump, muh GOP, etc…, do. I’d wager greatly that very few if any of the criminals that performed those homicides will even sniff capital punishment, but still waiting for the numbers of how many criminals have been subjected to capital punishment the last 5 years?

Old 11-01-2022, 02:16 PM

2,860 posts, read 1,906,272 times
Quote:
Who’d a thunk repeat criminals

2 teens arrested for Brighton Heights funeral shooting both accused of prior shootings

https://www.wpxi.com/news/local/targ...edium=news_tab

“Something’s wrong with our system when we have people that can continually go outside and perpetrate more violent crimes…I’m tired of going out to these scenes and seeing what I’m seeing and everybody else looking back at us as it’s a problem we can solve alone. We can’t. We’re a part of the solution. We are not the entire solution,” said Cmdr. Richard Ford.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyovan4 View Post
Two teenagers shot up a church last week during a funeral. One of them was charged with the shooting inside of Ross Park Mall last year - charged as a juvenile, case dismissed even though gun residue was on his hands. Even prior to that, he had been charged with aggravated assault and possession of a firearm: he served 7 months of a 10-23 month sentence.

The other one was previously charged as a juvenile with aggravated assault after firing a weapon into a group of people!!

THIS is what you get when you vote for soft-on-crime, bleeding-heart liberals. The system is utterly broken and has FAILED to protect society from these animals. My kid or his mom couldve been killed in Ross Park Mall when they opened fire.

But the liberals will blame MY guns for the violence in the streets, instead of looking in the mirror and blaming their own hug-a-thug policies. The problem of urban gun violence isnt caused by the NRA - its caused by the Democratic Party. Instead of passing NEW gun laws that only mess with the rights of law-abiding citizens, how about we sit the heck down and try to actually enforce existing gun laws instead of electing "Progressive" prosecutors and judges who install revolving doors in jail cells for animals like these.. "Catch and release" is something you do with fish, not people shooting other people in public!! The liberals think these monsters are somehow 'victims of society', while refusing to adequately protect society from being victimized from these monsters.

God, you cant help but be super irate after reading this article and plainly seeing how thoroughly our "justice" system is screwing us as a society by coddling these pieces of garbage.

As will racism.

Maybe Republicans should be more open-minded about Roe v Wade - these two animals could be the posterchildren for preserving abortion rights.
Quote:
yes, the PA GOP is complicit in the street violence. the refusal to invest in under serviced communities. The refusal to create tougher gun laws. The real difference of why PA has the highest crime in the northeast, is that it's the only state run by Republicans
Are you getting high on your own supply? Read the WPXI story about the two animals who shot up the funeral. How is the answer tougher gun laws, to infringe further upon the rights of otherwise law-abiding citizens, when the true problem is the hug-a-thug policies of idiots like Krasner that ya'll have down in Killadelphia? What is the point of more laws, if your political party insists on castrating the current laws?

Old 11-01-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Are you getting high on your own supply? Read the WPXI story about the two animals who shot up the funeral. How is the answer tougher gun laws, to infringe further upon the rights of otherwise law-abiding citizens, when the true problem is the hug-a-thug policies of idiots like Krasner that ya'll have down in Killadelphia? What is the point of more laws, if your political party insists on castrating the current laws?

...how does limiting the number of guns prevent shootings? I mean it doesn't take a degree in criminology to see cause and effect of the easy availability of guns. You really need to travel and see the rest of the world, because it's clear you have a very warped and confused opinion.

the PA GOP has, for generations, let western PA spiral around the toilet bowl and it's baffling to me, you guys think more tax cuts for people in NYC for Dr. Oz's friends is the correct course of action.

Last edited by thedirtypirate; 11-01-2022 at 02:40 PM..

Old 11-01-2022, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Bingo…but they don’t care about about the criminals. They only care about blaming guns, because Trump, the meanie GOP, etc… Never anything about what consequences there should be for the losers committing the violent crime. Cities like Philly create and enable the problem, and Pittsburgh is no different so criminals will continue being criminals and the areas will reap what they sow in voting for the powers that be that continue to let it happen.

Old 11-01-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
...how does limiting the number of guns prevent shootings? I mean it doesn't take a degree in criminology to see cause and effect of the easy availability of guns. You really need to travel and see the rest of the world, because it's clear you have a very warped and confused opinion.

the PA GOP has, for generations, let western PA sprawl around the toilet bowl and it's baffling to me, you guys think more tax cuts for people in NYC for Dr. Oz's friends is the correct course of action.
Warped and confused is thinking criminals won’t get their hands on guns, along with blaming the guns versus the criminals using them, especially being put on the streets to continually use them. If there were severe consequences that wouldn’t be happening, but they continue to spin through the revolving doors of justice.

Love the strawman arguments, and it’s the city and inner ring suburbs that are the problem in Western Pa. The powers that be, community leaders, etc…, cry something needs done but don’t do anything about it…and with homicide numbers like Philly it’s hilarious how you criticize western PA.

Old 11-01-2022, 02:53 PM

3,595 posts, read 3,404,335 times
Quote:

the PA GOP has, for generations, let western PA spiral around the toilet bowl and it's baffling to me, you guys think more tax cuts for people in NYC for Dr. Oz's friends is the correct course of action.

You should worry about cleaning your own area up before coming over to **** in ours.

Old 11-01-2022, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Bingo…but they don’t care about about the criminals.

..... Alright, since I got a bit of time on my hands at the moment before the World Series, let's clear somethings up: no one is pro criminal. Kasner is an idiot because he never managed more than 3 people in his entire life and like alienated over 50% of the people who were already working there by the way he conducted the every day stuff in the office. He's terrible at his job, not for "radical ideas" he never implemented anyway. He runs a bad office. The dumbest actual "gotcha" talking point for right wingers is the bozo driving "equity" law that was passed by the city council's progressive wing. I don't know if you actually watched the debate or have heard Fetterman address policing in the last year or so, but "defunding the police", one, never occurred anywhere in PA, and two, is an extremely toxic topic and something no one supports. Hell, Joe Biden won the presidency on a platform of giving more federal funding to police departments. 2023 marks the launch of the safer america program that's main thing is increasing police funds and addressing officer shortages: https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-...merica-plan-2/

Quote:
They only care about blaming guns, because Trump, the meanie GOP, etc… Never anything about what consequences there should be for the losers committing the violent crime. Cities like Philly create and enable the problem, and Pittsburgh is no different so criminals will continue being criminals and the areas will reap what they sow in voting for the powers that be that continue to let it happen.
That's just not true, and to think the democrats, even in Philly, are a singular voting "bloc" is not close to reality. Jeffery Yass, by far the richest man in PA and the main funder of the GOP in PA, definitely has some democrats like Amen Brown in his pocket. Hell, some democrats in North Philly wrote letters to Harrisburg to send the National Guard during the summer of 2020 and the PA GOP didn't even bother to answer. You just repeating Faux News nonsense repeatedly, doesn't make it true. Blaming "guns" isn't what's happening. What's happening is you're being daft about the effects of having easily available guns has on the number of people embracing the "culture" of the street and shooting each other to death. The culture is the problem, but defunding public schools, giving tax breaks to NYC billionaires, and cowering down to Russia and China isn't the answer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh