Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2021, 06:17 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebruiser500 View Post
The sheep of Massachusetts are hilarious. Wear masks religiously then a magical man ftom govt says they have permission to stop so ok no problem.
Boy, can you imagine being so blindly committed to a narrative that you can’t even pause to look at the comments, even in the page on which you’re posting, that contradict exactly what you’re saying?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2021, 06:30 AM

16,411 posts, read 8,198,277 times
I figured there'd certainly be some relaxing of the rules as more and more are vaccinated and numbers have really dropped. But stadiums at fully capacity seems kind of nuts. Like why ? But then masks are still required on trains and buses.

It almost feels like baker is taking a chance just to see what happens. And maybe/hopefully nothing will.

Last edited by msRB311; 05-18-2021 at 06:56 AM..

Old 05-18-2021, 09:00 AM

266 posts, read 236,184 times
Masks are stupid. They are controlling, abusive, torture.

This follow the science stuff is laughable. Most people who say "follow the science" know less of it than me; I studied organic chemistry, biology, cell biology, microbiology, physics mechanics and physics electricity and magnetism, and more.

When science is defined as "some edict by people in power which must be followed" it's closer to religion than science.

Actual science is more like a state of mind. Thinking for yourself. Making guesses about how the world works, testing them, and then adjusting your thinking.

I've lived in Massachusetts most of my life and the mask zealots have made life here miserable. I enjoy watching and laughing as they suffer the consequences of their own actions.

Old 05-18-2021, 09:11 AM

7,925 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Quote:

This follow the science stuff is laughable. Most people who say "follow the science" know less of it than me; I studied organic chemistry, biology, cell biology, microbiology, physics mechanics and physics electricity and magnetism, and more.

When science is defined as "some edict by people in power which must be followed" it's closer to religion than science.

Actual science is more like a state of mind. Thinking for yourself. Making guesses about how the world works, testing them, and then adjusting your thinking.

I've lived in Massachusetts most of my life and the mask zealots have made life here miserable. I enjoy watching and laughing as they suffer the consequences of their own actions.
Controlling and abusive? Torture? As someone that studied the breakdown of civil society leading to war and civil strife this is nothing. Ever deal with someone that has been though actual war or a natural disaster? Hardly tortue.

You are aware that boards of health govern local health issues in Mass...right? You can study all you want but I know that masks work because of what happened with SARS long ago. It isn't some edit that must be followed. Apparently you don't know how diseases can spread. Science isn't a state of mind. The scientific method isn't exactly used, it's a 8th grade mentality. Businesses can't plan for a discovery.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:05 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times
Quote:

A chimpanzee can be trained to solve a differential equation. I’m not detecting any capacity for critical thought.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:10 AM

9,096 posts, read 6,317,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I figured there'd certainly be some relaxing of the rules as more and more are vaccinated and numbers have really dropped. But stadiums at fully capacity seems kind of nuts. Like why ? But then masks are still required on trains and buses.

It almost feels like baker is taking a chance just to see what happens. And maybe/hopefully nothing will.
Just remember none of us are obligated to go to the stadiums.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:21 AM

16,411 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtkinsonDan View Post
Just remember none of us are obligated to go to the stadiums.
Right but I get of get the sense that many will go. That many people packed into a space without masks at this time doesn't seem very inviting.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:36 AM

2,353 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Looked at the schedule, and the Red Sox have a 3 game set against the Marlins. Going to be weird for the teams, Friday with 25% and then on Saturday possibly a full house.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:44 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Right but I get of get the sense that many will go. That many people packed into a space without masks at this time doesn't seem very inviting.
I've been to a handful of games at the limited capacity and it's been pretty comfortable (loving no bathroom lines or anyone in the seats next to me), however I'm not chomping at the bit to go back at 100%.

But we're also at a point where the vaccine is now available to anyone who wants it. The problem before with the whole "I'm not afraid and I have the FREEDOM to choose what risk I take!" attitude is that with a contagious virus, the risk taker's behavior impacts others. Now that grandma is vaccinated, grandson and his friends can go blast each other with particles like it's 2019 again and the risk to grandma is still quite low. Personally, I wish we would have waited until about late June/early July at least so that the people who have just received their first dose (or will soon) can be fully vaccinated by the time things return to normal. It's probably too soon for 100% capacity at Fenway (and especially at TD Garden), but it's also time to start transitioning things back in earnest.

Old 05-18-2021, 10:53 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Don't feed trolls folks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts