Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2021, 07:03 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
How much business and money is MA losing by not opening up until August while NH is wide open for the summer? Another year and I feel bad for the business owners there.

MA isn't open???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2021, 07:14 AM

16,395 posts, read 8,187,139 times
Well I had my first shot yesterday. I woke up at 430 this morning because my arm is killing me. Still hurting now. I'm not feeling great today...but it could also be from the two martinis I had when I went out to eat last night. My arm definitely hurts more than I thought it would. Oh well.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:25 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,254,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
MA isn't open???

Nope. The narrative is that it's shut tight and all businesses are facing bankruptcy. This from the "it's experimental" for a set of vaccines that have been injected into hundreds of millions of people. No wonder the guy left Massachusetts. He lacks the critical thought capability to survive in a high cost of living region where that is an essential life skill.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Nope. The narrative is that it's shut tight and all businesses are facing bankruptcy. This from the "it's experimental" for a set of vaccines that have been injected into hundreds of millions of people. No wonder the guy left Massachusetts. He lacks the critical thought capability to survive in a high cost of living region where that is an essential life skill.

IDK, but it looked pretty "open" just a couple weeks ago.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Well I had my first shot yesterday. I woke up at 430 this morning because my arm is killing me. Still hurting now. I'm not feeling great today...but it could also be from the two martinis I had when I went out to eat last night. My arm definitely hurts more than I thought it would. Oh well.
Yeah wait till shot #2. If you're worried, I would avoid alcohol the night before. Just stay hydrated, take your vitamins and zinc. Tylenol the next day if you need it.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:36 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
This is what is still closed:
  • Amusement parks, theme parks, indoor or outdoor water parks
  • Saunas, hot-tubs, steam rooms at health clubs, gyms, and other facilities
  • Beer gardens / breweries / wineries / distilleries
  • Bars, dance clubs, and nightclubs
  • Street Festivals, Parades and Agricultural Festivals
  • Road races and other large, outdoor organized amateur or professional group athletic events
  • Ball pits
Plus the still pretty strict capacity limits on a bunch of stuff. Some bars have gotten around it by selling microwaved hot dogs or pretzels.
You also have the issue of Uber and Lyft rides not really being available, some of that is the lack of surge pricing and some of it is the unemployment extension.

The August 1st date was obviously a placeholder and the real date will be sooner than that.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
This is what is still closed:
  • Amusement parks, theme parks, indoor or outdoor water parks
  • Saunas, hot-tubs, steam rooms at health clubs, gyms, and other facilities
  • Beer gardens / breweries / wineries / distilleries
  • Bars, dance clubs, and nightclubs
  • Street Festivals, Parades and Agricultural Festivals
  • Road races and other large, outdoor organized amateur or professional group athletic events
  • Ball pits
Plus the still pretty strict capacity limits on a bunch of stuff. Some bars have gotten around it by selling microwaved hot dogs or pretzels.

The August 1st date was obviously a placeholder and the real date will be sooner than that.

Yeah I knew a few things were still closed. No small thing for them (and obviously they are desperate to re-open), but all in all it's a very small fraction of the state's economy.

Old 05-16-2021, 07:43 AM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Quote:
Yeah I knew a few things were still closed. No small thing for them (and obviously they are desperate to re-open), but all in all it's a very small fraction of the state's economy.
The capacity limits are the bigger deal at this point.

Old 05-16-2021, 08:25 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,283,966 times
Quote:
GeoffD: Nope. The narrative is that it's shut tight and all businesses are facing bankruptcy. This from the "it's experimental" for a set of vaccines that have been injected into hundreds of millions of people. No wonder the guy left Massachusetts. He lacks the critical thought capability to survive in a high cost of living region where that is an essential life skill.
Quote:
IDK, but it looked pretty "open" just a couple weeks ago.
My downtown has been HOPPING all weekend long. I guess someone should tell all of those people that we're closed. Pity.

Old 05-16-2021, 10:28 AM

6,125 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
My downtown has been HOPPING all weekend long. I guess someone should tell all of those people that we're closed. Pity.
That dude doesn't even sound like he lives in our state.

FWIW, I'm sure that Baker will be coming out with revised guidance tomorrow or Tuesday. If nothing else, to clear up any ambiguity between MA and CDC guidance. It looks like CT has already decided to harmonize with CDC and distinguish between vaxxed & unvaxxed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts