Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2022, 10:03 PM

3,076 posts, read 5,651,875 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
I don't know. I've gotten the full vaccine sequence, both boosters, no more than minor side effects, no Covid (though I may have had it in February 2020), no isolating or masks, going to work in the office and to concerts, 65 and still going strong. Ya gotta' believe.
And I know many with natural immunity who are perfectly fine. Most got it once and haven't been sick again, while I'm seeing many vaccinated people with lots of health issues regret getting this experimental shot. I work with many who preached the vaccine and yet are sick every month or two, while following every stupid guidance by the CDC.

I don't have to believe anything by a company that has been fined for billions of dollars and has only money to gain by pushing shot after shot. Sorry, Pfizer and Moderna aren't any better than any oil company people have hated.

All I have to look at is the highest vaccinated countries are ones with excess mortality rates, and how the CDC in May of 2021 stopped analyzing statistics for vaccinated vs unvaccinated. Or how they said 2 shots was plenty, and pushed another one 6 months later like they acted like a common cold virus or the flu didn't mutate.

They can push all the vaccines they want, they will always be behind and useless as these viruses mutate too fast for them. If you take them your on their Netflix subscription for their drugs, that is all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2022, 12:03 AM

943 posts, read 410,552 times
I am happy to say I got a booster last Friday. Will gladly get another one this winter if needed or available while we wait for better vaccines or treatment. Very minor side effects for me.

Old 09-06-2022, 07:21 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeavingMA View Post
A complete hypothetical. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad your mom is doing better. To say the vaccine worked for a virus which isn't even around isn't accurate. The original strain of covid has been long gone for awhile, and viruses usually mutate to be weaker but usually more virulent. There are plenty of unvaccinated people who had very minor symptoms also. There were also lots of people who had the original strain and had very minor symptoms. To say the "vaccine" works because someone got a potentially weaker strain of the virus when it wasn't as deadly as the news made it out to be, and then claim the vaccine was the savior is a complete guess.

Don't forget they promoted the vaccines that you needed 2 doses and you were done, but yet now they are promoting a third booster, or 5th shot. I can easily argue the same with all those I know that are not vaccinated who have nothing but minor symptoms and barely been sick.
I have no time for deniers, 2+ yrs into this pandemic. 500 people a day are still dying from this "mild strain".

Old 09-06-2022, 08:16 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,513,219 times
I got it the 2nd time late last week, probably from our group vacation we took the week before.

This time around, it was a head cold essentially. Didn't even know it was covid until decided to do a test. I didn't even have any fatigue. Fever lasted all of 2-3 hours and it's just been a stuffy nose. I even proceeded to do yard work and shovel 2-3 yards of compost around on a hot humid day. I had all my energy and felt fine otherwise.

Kiddo was the same. 2 hours of fever and a stuffy nose and that's about it. Wife hasn't caught it yet and she did ZERO to isolate from us.

My last Booster was in Dec, and then I had Covid for the first time in April which was 3 days of a 102 fever and tons of fatigue. Came down with it again 4-5 months later and it was much much more milder. Basically a head cold for me.

Old 09-07-2022, 06:37 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
I’m sitting in my local Walgreens waiting for the Moderna to warm up to room temperature for my jab.

Old 09-07-2022, 07:14 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
I’m sitting in my local Walgreens waiting for the Moderna to warm up to room temperature for my jab.
I'm gonna be doin' the same...5 hrs from now! Decided to combine with my flu shot...hopefully that's not a bad decision.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:54 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I'm gonna be doin' the same...5 hrs from now! Decided to combine with my flu shot...hopefully that's not a bad decision.

I'll be combining on Friday, so I'll be interested in hearing how it goes for you.

Old 09-07-2022, 03:33 PM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
I'm waiting until November for my flu shot. In the mean time, I'm an updated Moderna vaccine beta tester. It would be nice if the efficacy is comparable to vaccine v1.0 before the mutations. We'll see in a few months.

Old 09-07-2022, 08:11 PM

35,078 posts, read 17,024,527 times
Quote:
I'm waiting until November for my flu shot. In the mean time, I'm an updated Moderna vaccine beta tester. It would be nice if the efficacy is comparable to vaccine v1.0 before the mutations. We'll see in a few months.
I got my last boost on May 27, and I donated blood on July 23 or thereabouts. I will probably time my "new boost" aimed at Omicron for shortly after the next donation, likely in mid-to-late September.

Old 09-08-2022, 06:31 PM

12,451 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Quote:
Did they say this is the new bivalent Moderna with the BA.4/BA.5 components, already here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts