Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-10-2021, 05:38 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,223,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I'm married to one.
Its impressive. Its like when I hear someone say they haven’t had alcohol in a year or two
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2021, 06:03 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,981,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Space_League View Post
Here we go again
Looks like a winter uptick with (hopefully) a lower peak. Cases don't bother me, extreme illness, long term effects, and deaths do.

Old 12-10-2021, 06:59 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
Company finally rolled out their vaccine requirements.

No mandate until legally required to do so. If you choose to volunteer your vaccination info, you can take your mask off. If you do not wish to share it, nor are vaccinated, the only consequence is that you are required to keep your mask on.

Most, if not all of my team and immediate coworkers are vaccinated anyway.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:04 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
Company finally rolled out their vaccine requirements.

No mandate until legally required to do so. If you choose to volunteer your vaccination info, you can take your mask off.

Most, if not all of my team and immediate coworkers are vaccinated anyway.
^I think that's a mistake, depending on the density of your company's work environment.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:34 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,223,904 times
I can't imagine sitting at my desk for 8 hours with a mask on. That's where it just seems easier to stay at home and work if possible. I do feel bad for workers who have no choice but to work with a mask on...i think it's a reason for this worker shortage in certain industries.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:35 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
^I think that's a mistake, depending on the density of your company's work environment.
I think most folks here agree with you as pretty much everyone is continuing to wear them, even if not required.

Old 12-10-2021, 07:57 AM

4,669 posts, read 4,982,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutdoorLover View Post
We could do things FAR better in the US, with the principle problem being vaccination levels that are far short of complete. But the reality is, there's been a concerted disinformation campaign going on for over a year to get people to distrust all the virus countermeasures, and to accept the virus as having minimal risk. That campaign, for many people, has worked! And after 16+ months of that, they are simply not looking for and not open to any new information. It is what it is!

All that said, Europe is not without people who distrust all the virus countermeasures, who rant about government and industry conspiracies, and who aren't afraid to get Covid-19 - in short, they have many of the same issues with disinformation and gullible people who've been taken in. It's not just the USA.
The CDC estimates that 99.92% of people who have been infected in my age group (18-49) survive (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...es/burden.html).

That's how I've come to the conclusion that the virus is minimal-risk for me. Not from a "concerted disinformation campaign." Unless you think the CDC's stats on survivability are intentionally wrong...

Last edited by tribecavsbrowns; 12-10-2021 at 08:20 AM..

Old 12-10-2021, 08:28 AM

17,748 posts, read 9,208,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post
The CDC estimates that 99.92% of people who have been infected in my age group (18-49) survive (https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...es/burden.html).

That's how I've come to the conclusion that the virus is minimal-risk for me. Not from a "concerted disinformation campaign." Unless you think the CDC's stats on survivability are intentionally wrong...
Surviving doesn't necessarily mean unharmed. As far as I know, there aren't any stats for Long Covid.

Old 12-10-2021, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribecavsbrowns View Post

I know 3 people in your age group, no pre-existing conditions, who are dead from Covid. That's above and beyond the fact that going through the disease and surviving it is no picnic, and it's *totally* unpredictable as to how your body will respond to it in the absence of the immunity afforded by vaccines.

Old 12-10-2021, 08:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I think most folks here agree with you as pretty much everyone is continuing to wear them, even if not required.
I mean, this is what we were doing (no masks if vaxxed) after the now-infamous May 14 CDC announcement. We changed our policy around early August as Delta's effects became apparent. Delta is still the main threat.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts