Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2021, 07:31 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
It's what i've heard as well. Usual 12 hours or so of fever, aches and chills and then clears up pretty fast.

My wife got hers a few weeks ago and felt nothing.
I felt *much* worse after my Moderna #2, relative to my Pfizer booster 7 months later. The latter? Arm soreness, fatigue, mild body ache...probably in the period 24-30 hrs post-shot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2021, 07:35 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
It's what i've heard as well. Usual 12 hours or so of fever, aches and chills and then clears up pretty fast.

My wife got hers a few weeks ago and felt nothing.
I had my 3rd Moderna jab 2 weeks ago. It didn't hit me as hard as the previous two. I had some mild arm soreness overnight (not enough to mess up my side sleeping) and a tiny bit of drowsiness the next day, but that was it. My fiancee had a Moderna Booster after 2x Pfizer the first go around. She had more arm soreness and fatigue than I did, but no fever or chills.

Old 12-08-2021, 07:44 AM

23,598 posts, read 18,730,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
I felt *much* worse after my Moderna #2, relative to my Pfizer booster 7 months later. The latter? Arm soreness, fatigue, mild body ache...probably in the period 24-30 hrs post-shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I had my 3rd Moderna jab 2 weeks ago. It didn't hit me as hard as the previous two. I had some mild arm soreness overnight (not enough to mess up my side sleeping) and a tiny bit of drowsiness the next day, but that was it. My fiancee had a Moderna Booster after 2x Pfizer the first go around. She had more arm soreness and fatigue than I did, but no fever or chills.

Yeah I got Moderna #3 two weeks ago. I would put it at around Moderna #2 X 40% in terms of feeling lousy the next day, roughly what would be expected considering it's a 1/2 dose.

Old 12-08-2021, 07:49 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,981 times
I had some very strange reactions to my Pfizer booster. After about 24 hours I felt a bit tired (as with my first 2 shots), which progresses to some chills. I passed out for a several hour nap and when I woke up my armpit was extremely sore and I had a nodule on my clavicle which had blown up. My dr. said this was likely reactive lymph nodes, "normal" and should resolve within 10 days (which it did). I've never had my body react to something in that manner. It didn't feel great physically or mentally.

Old 12-08-2021, 07:53 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,040,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Yeah I got Moderna #3 two weeks ago. I would put it at around Moderna #2 X 40% in terms of feeling lousy the next day, roughly what would be expected considering it's a 1/2 dose.
I know it's a 1/2 dose, but I'm not clear on exactly what that means. Is it 1/2 of what was in a single jab the first time around, or is it the same amount that was either one of the previous two shots (technically the full dose was 2 shots, so each jab would have been 1/2 dose)? The pharmacist told me it was a 1/2 dose and I didn't think to ask at the time.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:12 AM

15,802 posts, read 20,519,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
I had some very strange reactions to my Pfizer booster. After about 24 hours I felt a bit tired (as with my first 2 shots), which progresses to some chills. I passed out for a several hour nap and when I woke up my armpit was extremely sore and I had a nodule on my clavicle which had blown up. My dr. said this was likely reactive lymph nodes, "normal" and should resolve within 10 days (which it did). I've never had my body react to something in that manner. It didn't feel great physically or mentally.

One of my coworker's described his lymph nodes swelling up as well after the shot. It resolved within a day

Old 12-08-2021, 08:24 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I know it's a 1/2 dose, but I'm not clear on exactly what that means. Is it 1/2 of what was in a single jab the first time around, or is it the same amount that was either one of the previous two shots (technically the full dose was 2 shots, so each jab would have been 1/2 dose)? The pharmacist told me it was a 1/2 dose and I didn't think to ask at the time.
The Moderna dose for the first two shots is 100 nanograms per shot. The booster is 50 nanograms, right? I’m Pfizer which uses 30 nanograms for everything and haven’t been following Moderna booster stuff as closely.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:52 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
The Moderna dose for the first two shots is 100 nanograms per shot. The booster is 50 nanograms, right? I’m Pfizer which uses 30 nanograms for everything and haven’t been following Moderna booster stuff as closely.
For Moderna, it's 100 micrograms per 0.5 ml in the primary dose (not nanograms). Booster dose is 0.25 ml.

Old 12-08-2021, 08:57 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,275,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
For Moderna, it's 100 micrograms per 0.5 ml in the primary dose (not nanograms). Booster dose is 0.25 ml.
Meh. I was only off by 3 decimal places. Pretty good for an internet message board. LOL

So nanobots, micrograms. It’s all clear now.

Old 12-08-2021, 09:03 AM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I haven't gotten a booster yet but my co workers that have all said they felt sick after....is that the norm?
I got my booster at the end of the day. Felt fine all night and the next day I was tired and had a headache. That night (night after the shot) I had some chills, but not major and was still able to sleep okay, and was completely fine by the next day. FWIW I had Moderna.

ETA: I had a pretty sore arm and especially in the armpit (I assume because of the lymph nodes) for a couple of days. I also had a flu shot at the same time, in the same arm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts