Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2021, 05:15 PM

12,441 posts, read 9,529,208 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
I just saw "Another conservative anti-vaccine radio talk show host succumbs to COVID, third in a month".

https://news.yahoo.com/another-conse...132500625.html

Sad to say, if they went to college, it evidently didn't help them. Luckily, we're well-educated around here.
I could probably post these reports all day... and the thing is, does anyone really believe that the elites promoting drugs like ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine - like Sens Paul and Johnson, or Fox personalities Carlson, Hannity and Ingraham - does anyone really believe those people are taking these pills??? I would love to see it, by the way - let them lead by example.
"Joe Manning: Anti-vaxxer cop who promoted Ivermectin dies of COVID"
https://meaww.com/who-is-joe-manning...-dies-of-virus
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 05:18 PM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
I just saw "Another conservative anti-vaccine radio talk show host succumbs to COVID, third in a month".

https://news.yahoo.com/another-conse...132500625.html

Sad to say, if they went to college, it evidently didn't help them. Luckily, we're well-educated around here.
"
Were well educated around here", boy you are some kind of special ,aren't you.

Old 08-30-2021, 05:51 PM

9,882 posts, read 7,212,572 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timberline742 View Post
Pfizer wasn't part of the program.
Correct but they still had to have FDA emergency use authorization which the White House was pressuring.

Old 08-30-2021, 05:56 PM

6,132 posts, read 5,098,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
"
Were well educated around here", boy you are some kind of special ,aren't you.
Well...if those on the MAGA side who first denied Covid existed, think the vaccines make things worse, and now are promoting quack cures, are in fact educated...they're sure hiding it very well.

Old 08-30-2021, 06:02 PM

23,568 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
Well...if those on the MAGA side who first denied Covid existed, think the vaccines make things worse, and now are promoting quack cures, are in fact educated...they're sure hiding it very well.

And they also live right "around you".

Old 08-30-2021, 07:02 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
They tried the vaccine passports in France and it was a complete disaster .
I'm somewhat with you on this to a point. Not a fan of vaccine passports or the idea of them. I no longer have my vaccine card, and not one person of entity has asked to see it at all. I really have no desire to show it, but it's a sword i'm not willing to fall on.

Masks are a different story, but that might be because I have a first-hand perspective on the data surrounding their effectiveness.

Pre-covid, I usually default to a more libertarian stance in terms of mandates/bans. Covid has been an exception for me for a few reasons, some personal.

Old 08-30-2021, 07:19 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
The gym I go to just made a mask mandate time to find a surrounding town with no mandate. Even people that are ok with wearing masks in grocery stores do not like working out with a mask. What a way to hurt a business!. The gym I go to before the mandate this month only had like 3 people wearing masks. The grocery stores I go to who only recommend masks have 99 percent wearing them. Try doing cardio with a mask on . Ya that's got to be healthy!

Old 08-30-2021, 07:27 PM

3,398 posts, read 1,549,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I'm somewhat with you on this to a point. Not a fan of vaccine passports or the idea of them. I no longer have my vaccine card, and not one person of entity has asked to see it at all. I really have no desire to show it, but it's a sword i'm not willing to fall on.

Masks are a different story, but that might be because I have a first-hand perspective on the data surrounding their effectiveness.

Pre-covid, I usually default to a more libertarian stance in terms of mandates/bans. Covid has been an exception for me for a few reasons, some personal.
Even people that are for them don't realize your personal information can be compromised if someone gets a hold of your card. That's going way to far just to eat at a restaurant. If you wanted to attend some concerts though or take a cruise you might need to show them. It hurts buisnesses too. What is your primary reason for not being for them?

Old 08-30-2021, 07:41 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Curious. Do any of you here think masks should be worn outdoors ? Why only indoors? We had an intro kindergarten thing today that was supposed to be outside. It was but there was this one exercise where the kids got on the bus for a short time and they had to put on masks. The windows in the bus were open. It made me wonder why is it ok for the kids to sit criss cross close together eating an ice pop unmasked but as soon as they get on the bus for a quick ride the mask has to go?

Same thing with restaurants. It's absolutely ridiculous to me that you have to wear a mask inside until you sit down. I guess the covid monster only infects the people standing up? Or walking in? If you're sitting down and eating you're all good? I know people are trying to do what's best but some of the mask rules do seem kind of BS.

*disclaimer I'm vaccinated and I'm not anti mask*

Old 08-30-2021, 07:45 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,504,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justyouraveragetenant View Post
What is your primary reason for not being for them?
My reason? Mostly selfish personal reasons I must admit. It's why I haven't been too vocal about this stance outside of maybe mentioning it to my wife once or twice and a couple mentions of it here.

Last edited by BostonMike7; 08-30-2021 at 08:09 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts