Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2021, 09:03 AM

3,084 posts, read 1,547,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffD View Post
Social media has empowered the High School C- student who resents anyone else telling them what to do. These people were invisible before the internet. It's totally lost that wearing a mask to lower the transmission rate and getting vaccinated so the hospitals aren't crushed is your civic duty.
whether you like it or not let me tell you the tale of 2 grocery stores a mile apart. One has a customer base of hispanic, Indian, chinese, black, elderly white people. Even when the edict about masks was eliminated, 2/3 of workers and customers wore masks. Up the road is another store, different chain, almost 95% white, affluent, etc and almost no one wears a mask! walk in there with a mask on and you feel like they want to lynch you! this is the suburbs of Boston, mostly very affluent with expensive homes etc.. Interesting which grp is wearing masks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2021, 09:24 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,269,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Meanwhile, in December of 2020 people on the left vowed they would never take "Trump's vaccine". Just face it, much of this country is brainwashed and on both sides.

Where was that? My fiancee got her first jab in December. There weren't many hospital staff who didn't and those were mostly CNA-level or lower.

I think you're using revisionist history. My opinion in September 2020 was that I didn't want to take a vaccine pushed through before the election before the safety and efficacy data was available. There's a reason why the FDA approvals process exists and you don't vaccinate hundreds of millions of people without running through the process. You'll recall that the Orange Cheeto was all worked up in a lather because the FDA wouldn't violate their process and approve the vaccines before the trials concluded.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Williepaws View Post
whether you like it or not let me tell you the tale of 2 grocery stores a mile apart. One has a customer base of hispanic, Indian, chinese, black, elderly white people. Even when the edict about masks was eliminated, 2/3 of workers and customers wore masks. Up the road is another store, different chain, almost 95% white, affluent, etc and almost no one wears a mask! walk in there with a mask on and you feel like they want to lynch you! this is the suburbs of Boston, mostly very affluent with expensive homes etc.. Interesting which grp is wearing masks!

That's not what I see in my zip code. In the upmarket places, everyone is masked up. That happened about a month into the Delta spike so ~ 45 days ago.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:41 AM

6,138 posts, read 5,105,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Meanwhile, in December of 2020 people on the left vowed they would never take "Trump's vaccine". Just face it, much of this country is brainwashed and on both sides.
That too is being taken out of context. The full context was--the fear of Trump overruling his agencies, and rushing something to market before Nov 3, to influence the election. That's what prompted the FDA head to go on record prior, to state that no trial safety reviews would be rushed, and for politicians like Cuomo & Harris (the only two I'm aware of), to then state that they wouldn't trust a vaccine that was rushed without such due process having taken place.

By Dec 2020, leaders on *both* sides were being given the vaccine...in stealth or in public.

Old 08-30-2021, 09:50 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,974,024 times
Quote:
That's not what I see in my zip code. In the upmarket places, everyone is masked up. That happened about a month into the Delta spike so ~ 45 days ago.
Same. 90%+ in pricier places, maybe 60% at market basket, etc.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:06 AM

16,415 posts, read 8,215,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post

Anyway, this argument that masks = control. I don't get it? What exactly is it controlling? Do you really think there is a secret room somewhere where a group of folks are getting their rocks off because they made you put a mask on?

This made me LOL.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:07 AM

Default re

Quote:
Social media has empowered the High School C- student who resents anyone else telling them what to do. These people were invisible before the internet. It's totally lost that wearing a mask to lower the transmission rate and getting vaccinated so the hospitals aren't crushed is your civic duty.
What about the people who got A's? They don't use the sprout off their mouths on social?

Old 08-30-2021, 10:12 AM

3,084 posts, read 1,547,097 times
Quote:
Good for you. not in mine!

Old 08-30-2021, 10:28 AM

I have seen a mix of masks in grocery stores. I went to Walmart in Plymouth yesterday and many people had them on. I'm kind of tired of hearing about who is and who isn't wearing one. Person with the mask must be this, person without the mask must be that. There are many people who are not wearing masks simply because they got the vaccine and don't feel that worried anymore. It's not anyone's business at this point to tell them they should be wearing a mask IMO (being unvaccinated is another story) If it becomes mandated then I guess folks that aren't wearing them anymore will go back to the masks. My kids have to wear them to school. No big deal.

Old 08-30-2021, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
What about the people who got A's? They don't use the sprout off their mouths on social?

I have exactly one white collar professional in my social media feeds who is anti-vax and anti-mask. He caught COVID-19 in NYC in February 2020 at the very first outbreak, gave it to everyone in his family, and landed his elderly father in the hospital with it. My amateur psychological analysis is that his guilt over almost killing his father turned him into a denier and he got sucked into the cult.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts