Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2021, 01:18 PM

943 posts, read 410,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewfieMama View Post
Even though case counts are down, there are a lot of local closures near me due to COVID. The vet is closed this week due to staffers testing positive. Doggy daycare was closed last week due to positive tests. My babysitter tested positive last week. I tested positive over the weekend, kids are testing today. We haven't had that many cases in our school, but for the past 2 weeks, we've had a case every day. Luckily everybody is feeling fine and there are no issues, but it's odd that case counts are down, yet lots of local impact for me over the past week!
Wow, good luck! Hope it stays mild for you. In RI, cases this past week were about 20% higher than the week prior, after many weeks of dropping cases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2021, 01:22 PM

16,412 posts, read 8,215,049 times
We had some cases in my town as well this past week. Got an email from my sons school this morning. I'm also on the south shore aka hickville.

Old 03-01-2021, 01:41 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,783,142 times
0-19 is actually #1 now in cases. Some of that is of course due to that very few have gotten the vaccine as of yet.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:00 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times
How’s everyone doing with appointments? I got my mom one this morning (for Friday) at a CVS in Taunton. She had been having trouble getting an appointment, but the CVS portal seemed straightforward and there was a good deal of availability.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:30 AM

2,353 posts, read 1,783,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
How’s everyone doing with appointments? I got my mom one this morning (for Friday) at a CVS in Taunton. She had been having trouble getting an appointment, but the CVS portal seemed straightforward and there was a good deal of availability.
I just tried vaxfinder just to see what happens, and despite it saying there are openings at the MassVax sites the queue site wouldn't let me past it saying all appointments have been filled. Guessing the queue is blocking people for no reason.

Old 03-02-2021, 05:48 AM

1,717 posts, read 1,809,041 times
There were a bunch of appointments for most of yesterday afternoon in Lowell, even saw a few for today. My folks went there last week and they said it was run very well.

Old 03-02-2021, 07:15 AM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
0-19 is actually #1 now in cases. Some of that is of course due to that very few have gotten the vaccine as of yet.
But the 0-19 spread is a 19 year spread (obviously), vs a 10 year spread for the other age groups. I really wish they broke it down to 0-9 and 10-19 instead just to get a clearer picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
A lot of people at my work are now getting it. Many have had their first shot and scheduled their 2nd. They are being told to take it easy the day after the shot so I've actually had some PTO requests for the day after for recovery. A lot of folks took elderly parents in, thus becoming eligible themselves.

I'm probably going to be the last person to get it.

Old 03-02-2021, 08:01 AM

12,870 posts, read 22,035,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
I just tried vaxfinder just to see what happens, and despite it saying there are openings at the MassVax sites the queue site wouldn't let me past it saying all appointments have been filled. Guessing the queue is blocking people for no reason.
That's too bad. I went directly to CVS's website and there was a lot of availability beyond Taunton (I browsed the Boston area too), but now it says every location is full: https://www.cvs.com/immunizations/covid-19-vaccine (RI has availability at multiple locations). This was around 6:30am.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
A lot of people at my work are now getting it. Many have had their first shot and scheduled their 2nd. They are being told to take it easy the day after the shot so I've actually had some PTO requests for the day after for recovery. A lot of folks took elderly parents in, thus becoming eligible themselves.

I'm probably going to be the last person to get it.
I've seen a definite uptick in my circle of eligible candidates being able to get it as well.

I get my 2nd round tomorrow (this is through work). I'm not planning on taking the day off, but I'm expecting a rough day. I'm one of the last of my coworkers to get the vaccine (bottom of the priority list) and most have had a rough go of it for about 24 hours after the 2nd dose. A few have been fine, a few have just had a sore arm again, but most had chills, aches, fever, and big time drowsiness. We'll see.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:18 AM

432 posts, read 415,263 times
https://www.macovidvaccines.com/ seems to work well. Just keep refreshing.

Old 03-02-2021, 09:28 AM

7,925 posts, read 7,818,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtolpin View Post
I go back to my superintendant of schools in my town on a snow day.

If you call off school, parents are upset because their child is home, and they have to stay home with them (and call out from work)

If you do not call off school, parents are upset because the weather is bad, and they have to drive them, pick them up, etc...

Its a no win situation sometimes.

Similar to governor Baker.

If you own a restaurant (and havent closed yet), you are rejoicing that you can open wider now.

If you do not own one, you are upset because we were doing so well, and now things could get worse.

Whats he supposed to do? People lost their jobs, their busineses, etc... He cannot win. Hes doing (I guess), the best he can. Right or wrong, make a choice, and stick with it, and hope for the best.

And the question from a few days ago - I got my 2nd vaccine and Im not ready to go to eat with wife to a restaurant yet. Ill go to my dads (and his girlfriend) who are both vaccinated as well. I wont bring my kids who have not had the vaccine yet.

When will I be ready to go out to eat? I do not know. :/

The problem is and it's something Robert Reich of all people has mentioned and I agree with. We have to help out small businesses with being online. SEO and SEM are vital otherwise they won't be found. A business has to be able to sell, ship and return otherwise it might not be around. Door dash isn't a new thing that's been around for decades but much of that has to be modernized. businesses can sell though Google and Amazon and Ebay etc.

We've never really rolled back technology. Best buy laid off 5,000 people because online orders are now 40% of their business vs 20% pre covid. They can't spend money to have people standing around all day. Smart phones replaced the yellow pages. If you don't have social media, a website or an app it's going to be significantly harder to operate going forward.

As for going out to eat I still go but it must have some form of plexie at least. Outside is different but if it's inside and I don't see plexie and masks forget it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts