Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2021, 08:28 AM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
Looks like enough time has passed from when MA started actually vaccinating people that the second shot people are taking up most of the doses this week.
For all the knocks the MA system is taking, it could be worse. My in-laws in CA (79, 85 respectively) were just told their second doses are being postponed due to lack of availability. Imagine the uproar that would cause here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2021, 08:43 AM

12,441 posts, read 9,540,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
I've heard of some similar cases, but they do tend to be the minority (at least anecdotally in my circles). I'm at right about 24 hours after receiving the 2nd shot. My arm actually isn't as sore as it was after the 1st shot and I feel similarly drowsy today. I've had some mild on/off chills this morning, but nothing too major.
Nice :-). I wasn't trying to imply that my PT's experience was typical, just trying to provide a datapoint on the range of experiences one *might* have. Everything I have learned so far is that most people have a very easy, mild experience.

Old 03-04-2021, 08:44 AM

2,353 posts, read 1,783,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
For all the knocks the MA system is taking, it could be worse. My in-laws in CA (79, 85 respectively) were just told their second doses are being postponed due to lack of availability. Imagine the uproar that would cause here.
Where they got their first shot maybe. CDC website says CA has 3 million doses unused.

Old 03-04-2021, 10:40 AM

6,132 posts, read 5,103,250 times
Quote:
Where they got their first shot maybe. CDC website says CA has 3 million doses unused.
My guess is that's not the case in the major urban areas, one of which is where my in-laws live.

Old 03-04-2021, 10:40 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,343,377 times
Quote:
CA is huge. I can see it having areas with extra doses and areas with not enough doses.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:29 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by htfdcolt View Post
The same thing has happened here. Actually, 2nd does have been outright cancelled, not just postponed. it sounds like this has been caused by the state redirecting supply from local sites to mass fax sites. Anyway, it would be nice to see MA to shoot for something better than lowest common denominator.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:37 AM

2,279 posts, read 1,343,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
The same thing has happened here. Actually, 2nd does have been outright cancelled, not just postponed. it sounds like this has been caused by the state redirecting supply from local sites to mass fax sites. Anyway, it would be nice to see MA to shoot for something better than lowest common denominator.
By all accounts MA is doing better than most. Yes our system is very clunky but we are putting vaccines in bodies.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:45 AM

875 posts, read 664,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
That is disconcerting.

The timing interval between first and second is important, and clinical data driven - when you present a second challenge to primed immune cells to maximize immunity.

There is of course a window Vs absolute number of days but it is important nonetheless.

Old 03-04-2021, 11:54 AM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sawyer2 View Post
That is disconcerting.
Yes, it is. CareWell clinics were the ones I heard had cancelled 2nd doses. The state now says they are working with CareWell to make sure everyone is accommodated. Just a datapoint of 2, but my elderly neighbors who had their 2nd does cancelled have heard nothing from Carewell or the state. We were able to schedule their 2nd shots in Natick on their behalf, and will be driving them next Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampert View Post
By all accounts MA is doing better than most.
Not by all accounts.

Old 03-04-2021, 12:38 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,783,142 times
Listening to Baker's PC, he said something like they only expect 150k first doses per week in March? That sucks.

Also they are moving Fenway Park's vaccination site to Hynes.

Last edited by yesmaybe; 03-04-2021 at 01:00 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts