Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2021, 03:20 AM

24,559 posts, read 18,259,472 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rach5 View Post
In some high density communities in RI, the "first dose" vaccination rate is apparently under 35%. That is incredibly low and very worrisome, given the end of all other containment measures.
The Massachusetts spreadsheet released last night has New Bedford at 40% for one jab. No data on fully immunized for some reason. Fall River 43%. Lawrence 42%. Springfield 39%. My town is a disappointing 49% with one jab but positive per 100,000 is finally down to 4.4. New Bedford a couple miles away is still at Sturgis-level 21.9 per 100,000. Even vaccinated, I don’t want to be indoors with random unmasked people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2021, 06:56 AM

12,863 posts, read 22,026,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
We booked our trips in Feb and a lot of prime spots on the cape or up in NH/ME were already booked solid. I’ve never seen it fill up so early with regard to some of our usual locations of choice
My fiancee is heading to Provincetown with some of her friends next weekend and the 1pm Fast Ferry was sold out as of earlier this week. We also looked to book the place we generally stay on MV, but it was also booked in February. So we're skipping the island this year unless my boss invites us to her place.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:11 AM

779 posts, read 877,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I'm surprised to hear ferry tickets to Nantucket were sold out both ways already. It's still only may. Looks like it's going to be a very busy summer travel wise.
We were surprised, too. I think the steamship authority website states you can buy tickets the day of, but seems like that's not a great idea if you want to spend a weekend there. I'm sure weekday tickets are still fine.

It didn't seem that busy on the island itself, which was nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
We booked our trips in Feb and a lot of prime spots on the cape or up in NH/ME were already booked solid. I’ve never seen it fill up so early with regard to some of our usual locations of choice
We booked down in the Outer Banks this summer and had the same issue. We booked in January and there were only a few weeks available for the short list of houses we liked. I couldn't believe how booked everything was so early.

Old 05-21-2021, 07:51 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,320,796 times
How is Route 3 and the Sagamore traffic looking this year? Heavier or lighter than last year? Are Sun-Thu still lighter traffic than Fri-Sat or has it evened out with more people in hybrid?

Old 05-21-2021, 08:01 AM

41,936 posts, read 36,962,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by id77 View Post
How is Route 3 and the Sagamore traffic looking this year? Heavier or lighter than last year? Are Sun-Thu still lighter traffic than Fri-Sat or has it evened out with more people in hybrid?

I found it to be heavier. Maybe because with Bourne bridge construction, people are shifting. Just a guess.

Old 05-21-2021, 09:31 AM

266 posts, read 236,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amontillado View Post
It's always up to a private business to require masks, even if the state doesn't make it a rule. And if they do require them and you don't like it, you can go elsewhere. Likewise if they don't require masks and you don't want to go in the store with all those people who aren't wearing them--you can go elsewhere. I wonder which option will be better for attracting customers.

lmao. businesses are not free to hire who they want or serve who they want, or build how they want, and have to cater to small groups wants (ADA). but yet when it comes to businesses being able to force everyone and anyone to wear a mask they are free to do it reeeeeeeeeeeeee

Old 05-21-2021, 10:44 AM

7,924 posts, read 7,814,489 times
Nothing wrong with traveling. Low cost airlines are expanding and I've noticed some shows are coming back near me. Not multiple a week but monthly. Have to walk before you run.

Old 05-21-2021, 12:01 PM

26,654 posts, read 28,682,916 times
I was thinking of staying somewhere just north of Hampton Beach for a few days. For us it's a central location where we can visit old friends, shop at the old familiar stores, zip up to Maine if we want, take a look at the ocean, eat good food...but second thought--it will be even more mobbed than it ever was. I've never stayed there but driving by it was always a mess anyway. This year any touristy area will be mobbed and with the crowds, you don't know if they've even been vaccinated. I'm thinking I do not want to be in a place with young people=unvaccinated. What a stupid, awful thing to have to consider.

Old 05-21-2021, 12:48 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,779,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
I was thinking of staying somewhere just north of Hampton Beach for a few days. For us it's a central location where we can visit old friends, shop at the old familiar stores, zip up to Maine if we want, take a look at the ocean, eat good food...but second thought--it will be even more mobbed than it ever was. I've never stayed there but driving by it was always a mess anyway. This year any touristy area will be mobbed and with the crowds, you don't know if they've even been vaccinated. I'm thinking I do not want to be in a place with young people=unvaccinated. What a stupid, awful thing to have to consider.
You have to remember that there's plenty of unvaccinated that too have immunity. They just got it the natural way

Old 05-21-2021, 01:33 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,403,596 times
As long as you are vaccinated, you probably don't need to worry too much. Just use a bit of common sense if that makes you more comfortable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts