Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 09:49 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times

Advertisements

Again this person has coronavirus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 09:52 AM

23,560 posts, read 18,700,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
LET ME BE CLEAR: the person I am venting about HAS coronavirus. And yes was out driving and pumping gas. Omg. If y’all think that’s ok then I give up.
I'm not saying they should be out pumping gas, but I don't see how going in their own private yard poses any more risk than sitting in their living room.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:54 AM

18,723 posts, read 33,385,615 times
Quote:
LET ME BE CLEAR: the person I am venting about HAS coronavirus. And yes was out driving and pumping gas. Omg. If y’all think that’s ok then I give up.

Certainly don't think it's okay but do not like that you feel resentful that you've (and so many others) have done the right thing and she got away with not doing it.

If you're tired of my commenting, feel free to ignore me. I feel a need to address attitudes *like yours* in these difficult times.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:55 AM

15,860 posts, read 21,438,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya Stark View Post
This is the new virtue signaling.

I got attitude today at the dealership to get my car fixed because I didn't have a mask or gloves on.. err sorry I don't know where the stash of these things is but I don't have them and it is far too late now. Don't "judge" me for not having them unless you just handed me gloves and a mask.

PS. there is now way to stop this anyway. Just slow the spread.

You should have been turned away if you weren't wearing a mask. Not virtue signaling, just honesty. There's no excuse to not make a mask to protect the people who have to interact with you.

Gloves are a misplaced focus. They're typically used to prevent cross contamination. I have been using one on one hand to be my "outside" hand and one ungloved hand to go into my wallet, touch my phone, touch my car, etc. But wearing a set of gloves and touching all the things doesn't do anything to protect. A mask protects others.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:55 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,737 times
Quote:
There's a big difference between being out in public and being in your backyard. If she can self-quarantine on her own property without risk of spreading C-19 to others, there's no reason why she shouldn't. But I bet she is full of bologna and looking for attention.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:58 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
If someone with Covid was in their backyard without a mask, and the environmental conditions were just right, and they were coughing, and there was a group of people downwind of that person, then there could be risk of transmission.

We really don't know all the details enough to say you can't, or you can catch it this way. There are a few suspected cases were it was spread by a choir group singing.

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...choir-outbreak

Old 04-08-2020, 10:01 AM

Yeah I’m suprised by the reactions on this. People seem to angry about healthy people being out and advising against it, there are stay home advisories everywhere. This person also didn’t just go in the yard. They were taking drives while bored and pumping gas! What lucky people who got to use the gas pump after them.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:08 AM

And if these are things they admitted they did My guess is they did more. For every rat you see there’s 10 you don’t see

Old 04-08-2020, 10:14 AM

15,796 posts, read 20,499,262 times
If you test positive for COVID, you are supposed to be in self-isolated quarantine. If you break that, the state can actually mandate you by way of an official order. Breaking that order is a misdemeanor.

So no, she should not have been driving around an getting gas. She should have been home until recovered. Whether or not that self-isolation extends to the backyard is an entirely different debate which would depend on living circumstances and proximity to other people.

Wasn't too long ago that the gent from NH left quarantine to attend a conference. He was official ordered into quarantine after that. I would imagine this lady might have that coming to her as well once someone reports her.

Old 04-08-2020, 10:20 AM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
You should have been turned away if you weren't wearing a mask. Not virtue signaling, just honesty. There's no excuse to not make a mask to protect the people who have to interact with you.
Ahh yes there is.. I don't have one. I listened to the CDC and now i am tasked with a scarlett letter that didn't exist until Sunday.

If this employee was so concerned he should have provided me one.

Unfortunately for this guy -- as he noted at the end-- there is a survey. I will make my displeasure clear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts