Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2020, 09:01 AM

8,276 posts, read 11,917,264 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBThescot View Post
Do you ever post a comment that's not age obsessed? What's your beef with grown-ups? Envy?

I'm not a fan of Boris Johnson, he's trump the lesser, but he has a pretty, younger woman on his arm because he's within the generation when men were still men and women were attracted to that.

There's nothing more useless and ineffective than a millennial male. I guess it's because so many were raised by single mothers without a strong male presence, but they're useless at anything unless there's an App for it. The males of your generation could learn a lot from BoJo, even if I don't care for his politics, BoJo has the mojo.
I'm a boomer, and older than Boris, BTW..

BoJo was acting like a fool, going out in public , shaking everybody's hand, thinking that the virus was nothing. But even before that, he was behaving like a self-absorbed adolescent, with a constant need for attention. And now he has a 32 yo pregnant fiancee? Of course I hope he recovers, but his behavior was pretty bad. He's not a role model for any young man who's trying to find his way in life.

In any case, maybe we're seeing a slight flattening of the curve, or at least a plateauing, but that still means that we're deep in the woods. No easy fix..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2020, 09:21 AM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,677 times
I was just on a town page on Fb where a woman admitted to having coronavirus and spent time driving around in her car and pumped gas while having it. She got somewhat attacked, deleted the thread and the someone else started another thread about it. she downplayed and backpedaled on what she had already said. Then some people seemed to feel bad for her. That whole thread got deleted.

It made me angry because sooo many people who haven’t tested positive are not leaving the house. But then some fool who has it thinks it’s ok to drive around, go in her yard and pump gas. This will never stop spreading with people like her. I don’t feel bad.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:25 AM

18,725 posts, read 33,390,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post

It made me angry because sooo many people who haven’t tested positive are not leaving the house. But then some fool who has it thinks it’s ok to drive around, go in her yard and pump gas. This will never stop spreading with people like her. I don’t feel bad.
Well, that is the problem everywhere. People are not socially distancing in public and some are not staying home to do so. It's a given. Uh, I don't see the problem with going in one's yard- has that been banned in Massachusetts? (and once again, I hear resentment and envy from this poster. I guess it's their M.O. in life).

Old 04-08-2020, 09:34 AM

I’m not sure it’s ok to go in your yard when you actually have coronavirus. I certainly wouldn’t be broadcasting it on Facebook if I did it either.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:36 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Well, that is the problem everywhere. People are not socially distancing in public and some are not staying home to do so. It's a given. Uh, I don't see the problem with going in one's yard- has that been banned in Massachusetts? (and once again, I hear resentment and envy from this poster. I guess it's their M.O. in life).
Also wtf are you talking about?? Of course I’m resentful towards someone who had covid19 and felt the need to come on Facebook and say she was out and about driving and pumping gas. Are you kidding me? Also seems like you go out of your way to comment on anything I say. Clearly you’re bored. Get a life.

Yes I’m jealous of this stupid idiot who has coronavirus and is out spreading it.

Last edited by Bridge781; 04-08-2020 at 09:40 AM.. Reason: J

Old 04-08-2020, 09:39 AM

7,240 posts, read 4,548,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
This is the new virtue signaling.

I got attitude today at the dealership to get my car fixed because I didn't have a mask or gloves on.. err sorry I don't know where the stash of these things is but I don't have them and it is far too late now. Don't "judge" me for not having them unless you just handed me gloves and a mask.

PS. there is now way to stop this anyway. Just slow the spread.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:41 AM

23,561 posts, read 18,707,417 times
Quote:
I’m not sure it’s ok to go in your yard when you actually have coronavirus. I certainly wouldn’t be broadcasting it on Facebook if I did it either.

Why shouldn't one go in their yard???

Old 04-08-2020, 09:43 AM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by massnative71 View Post
Why shouldn't one go in their yard???
When they’ve tested positive for coronavirus??

Old 04-08-2020, 09:44 AM

LET ME BE CLEAR: the person I am venting about HAS coronavirus. And yes was out driving and pumping gas. Omg. If y’all think that’s ok then I give up.

Old 04-08-2020, 09:47 AM

2,435 posts, read 1,320,796 times
Quote:
I was just on a town page on Fb where a woman admitted to having coronavirus and spent time driving around in her car and pumped gas while having it. She got somewhat attacked, deleted the thread and the someone else started another thread about it. she downplayed and backpedaled on what she had already said. Then some people seemed to feel bad for her. That whole thread got deleted.

If the people aren't leaving the house, why would they care if someone who did went out? Many of them are also the same people who are wiping everything down and putting their food into quarantine before eating, so what's their anger really about?

If someone is in the high-risk category, or lives with someone who is, shelter in place and hunker down. Do proper distancing and take reasonable precautions as requested, but take the anger and anxiety down a couple notches already. It's not helping but it is hurting.

First sign that everything isn't right in the world and so many people devolve into terrified animals attacking one another. It's like watching an episode of the Twilight Zone unfold around me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts