Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-24-2020, 07:42 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,818,729 times

Advertisements

Here's a question. Are short term rentals banned while this goes on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2020, 07:51 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdovell View Post
I haven’t heard anything about that. Hotels are still open. Not sure you can ban someone from renting their home to someone else.

Old 03-24-2020, 07:54 PM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times
Quote:
They are in my current location, a touristy area in SW Colorado. It can be done. (former long-time Mass. resident)

Old 03-24-2020, 08:00 PM

1,055 posts, read 1,416,130 times
BOSTON (CBS) — The number of coronavirus cases was up to 1159 in Massachusetts Tuesday after 382 new positive tests were announced by the Department of Public Health. Eleven people have died from coronavirus, up from nine deaths on Monday.

The jump in numbers is partially due to increased testing, and working through a backlog of tests. As of Tuesday, 13,749 people have been tested.

Old 03-24-2020, 08:41 PM

7,925 posts, read 7,818,729 times
What the... You know how big those Fairgrounds are.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/5-inves...ssary/31919541

Old 03-24-2020, 09:06 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,192,519 times
Quote:
What the... You know how big those Fairgrounds are.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/5-inves...ssary/31919541
And the President wants to reopen the country by Easter. What about Baker? He's obviously looking for places to dispose of the bodies.

This whole thing is making me sick to my stomach.

Some experts have predicted there will be 2.2 MILLION deaths in the US if this isn't handled properly.

Old 03-24-2020, 10:45 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
This isn’t an easy issue to solve. Why are people looking to blame trump and Charlie Baker? You think they ever thought they’d be dealing with something like this? If I was them I’d want to resign. This is China’s fault. The virus originated there, they didn’t control it, they told the rest of the world about it too late. I’m tired of people blaming the US leaders. It’s not their fault and there isn’t going to be an easy solution for this. People have died and will continue to die from this. Solutions have been put in place. I’ve never in my life seen anything like this but it’s not up to a handful of leaders in the US to fix this.

Why will it take over a year to get a vaccine? That is a huge issue right there but no one seems to want to blame scientists and drs. They just want to hate on baker and trump. And no I’m not a huge fan of either of them but I do think they’re dealing with this. It’s a mess!

Old 03-25-2020, 12:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
This isn’t an easy issue to solve. Why are people looking to blame trump and Charlie Baker? You think they ever thought they’d be dealing with something like this? If I was them I’d want to resign. This is China’s fault. The virus originated there, they didn’t control it, they told the rest of the world about it too late. I’m tired of people blaming the US leaders. It’s not their fault and there isn’t going to be an easy solution for this. People have died and will continue to die from this. Solutions have been put in place. I’ve never in my life seen anything like this but it’s not up to a handful of leaders in the US to fix this.

Why will it take over a year to get a vaccine? That is a huge issue right there but no one seems to want to blame scientists and drs. They just want to hate on baker and trump. And no I’m not a huge fan of either of them but I do think they’re dealing with this. It’s a mess!
At this point, it doesn't matter what China did. The problem is here and it needs to be dealt with responsibly.

Trump is no longer listening to the doctors. I saw a clip where he said something like (paraphrasing) "If I listened to the doctors the country would be shut down for 3-4 months. We're opening it up soon".

And apparently Wall Street loved that. Tuesday was the largest gain since 1933.

But what are doctors saying about him wanting to reopen the economy by Easter? That it would be the equivalent of sending everyone outside during a bad hurricane.

Baker is looking for an enormous area to dump the dead bodies. So, I have to assume he's on board with Trump's plan to reopen. They (and other politicians) are more concerned about the economy.

And, Bridge, I think you are very mistaken to think the virus won't affect you. It can kill anyone.

Old 03-25-2020, 12:36 AM

Italy no longer intubating patients over 60

Is this going to happen here?

Old 03-25-2020, 01:16 AM

9,229 posts, read 9,760,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post

China warned the US too late? The senators dumped their stocks quite early, in January.

China did control it quite well. Beijing, Shanghai and Hong Kong all have fewer than 10 deaths each.
Only Hubei Province is a mess, but it is still way better than Italy and Spain.
All of Hubei province but Wuhan has lifted the travel ban, and Wuhan will do it in two weeks.

And China did not get any warning before hand. No western country could have done better. Look at Europe and America.
And China reported to the US on Jan 3, as Trump admitted. At that time even China had no idea how this virus infects people.
What did US government do in between? They could not even have the medical supplies ready.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts