Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2014, 11:19 AM

1,168 posts, read 1,232,489 times

Advertisements

They are there. You just got to look around. There is a lot of discrimination and prejudice there if you are different and im sure a lot of babies were tossed out if they don't conform especially in the tribal lands. The Derg were well known for just killing any white looking person that they could find so many died that way.
But those that survive are around.
I had lots of problems when I was a kid. I was even taken away from my family when we moved to a new town because the local school reported I was kidnapped. How can a white kid belong to black parents??
I can go on and on about this, but what is the point.
My kids turned out white. It was strange, when they were born they had curly dark hair and black eyes. But by the time they were 1-1/2 the hair had fell out and grew back straight and brown and the eyes changed to blue... I guess the European genes were stronger..

Old 01-22-2014, 01:55 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,138,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthsideTillIDie View Post
With all ideologies, there are moderate people and extremists. afrocentricism is no different, so we have to be careful by labeling them because some do appreciate West African history but the extremists only care about Egypt. Truth be told, most of it is religious bias. Extremist Afrocentric people ignore the history of West Africa is because if you study West Africa you would have to mention Islam and a lot of the famous kingdoms in West Africa were Muslim peoples, not all of West Africa were Muslims but Muslim have a big part of West African history so West Africa is ignore altogether. Extreme Afrocentric people perceive African people who practice a non-indigenous religion as being"less" African. If a group of black people aren't worshipping ancestors, plants, nature, multiple deities, doing magic, dancing around fires and other stereotypical indigenous things they aren't "real" African so Afrocentric people lookup to Egypt because they are seen as "purer" African. also, Egypt is seen as a time before"slavery". West Africa is problematic because extreme Afrocentric have told people that black people only become Muslim through slavery, forced conversion, invasions and that excuse is used to ignore the black Muslims in Africa, but West Africa and the history of Takrur, Songhai, Kanem Bornu, Mali, the Fulani people and various Muslim kingdoms goes against that narrative so if extreme Afrocentric people were to CORRECTLY teach the history of West Africa it would actually contradict many of the thingsthey'vetold people in the first place.

The irony of extreme Afrocentric is that it is supposed to "uplift" black people, but at the same time it depicts blacks as being child-like people who do not make their own conscience decisions, and have to be enslaved to embrace a world religion. This is comical because black people were never universally enslaved at anytime in history. Free blacks have always existed in West Africa, Africa is not an oversized island full of slaves, and though slavery has existed kingdoms did as well. Extreme Afrocentric also twists your perception on what is "African", and people believe that unless it is purely indigenous it is NOT African this is flawed because the white South Africa are not indigenous in anyway but they are still African whether you like it or not.
This is an interesting post. I never thought of this.

Ghana and Mali converted of their free will. I can't remember the name of the particular king, but he was so impressed by Islam that he introduced it. the library at Djenne was once a palace.

Perhaps there is some kind of religious element in it, and they think of being Easternized as the same as being Westernized.

Last edited by cachibatches; 01-22-2014 at 02:09 PM..

Old 01-22-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
This still misses the point, as both sets of people are still with the fram of sud Saharan DNA
Largely they are not. there is some sub-Saharan admixture, but it is relatively small, and not all Egyptians have it. Calling Egypt a "black" civilization would not be much different than calling America a "black" civilization.

Quote:
and in the social context of race are viewed as Black. Overwhelmingly, African Americans do not claim Egypt
As you just made a claim to do so. Wow.

And how many times do I have to tell you I am not saying that African Americans in general do? How many threads have to be posted on here by me and others to show you they are out there? didn't you post some yourself? We are beyond this. We are now, finally, almost 50 pages into it, getting some interesting thoughts on the subject. Please do not take us back to page 1 by posting the same nonsense.

Quote:
and even those that may be viewed as Afrocentric themselves largely do not state that.
I will ask twice in the same post because this is so jaw-droppingly delusional: how many threads have to get posted to show you that they do?

Let me answer for you: you will except no evidence, because you are with them and will not answer honestly.

Quote:
You can possibly look at a small portion that state that, but for the overwhelming portion of even "Afrocentrists", which in and of itself is tough to decypher, do not good along with your claim. it is also possible that they aren't afrocentric if their focus is just on Egypt. This is why the title itself can be viewed as misleading or the title given to such people is misleading.
Didn't you find and post the first batch of threads? So when you got past your intellectual dishonesty and laziness, you saw the truth and admitted it when you somehow thought it would work against me. now you are back to obstructing. We are finally beyond this.

Quote:
Also, I don't think any African Americans said that anyone was claiming that they or Western Africans are inferior as well.
I might have literally told you 2-3 dozen times now that we are not talking about the average African American. Wow. I mean, there are a couple of you on here who seem to be competing to see who make the most worthless posts.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLIMMACKEY View Post
[ OK. The jackass always shows his face. Who are you to tell an American of color, whom studied Afro-American Literature that he hath not the education to dispell your grossly false rhetoric? Please, enlighten us as to which classroom these obtuse and mythical ideals you speak of are being taught? Which classrooms? Whether they be K-12, College/University? Or is it what you would inaccurately call "The Progressive Black Movement"? Or maybe even the Mosque's? It must be the 5% Nation?

You sir show not your ignorance, but your intellectual mediocrity by spreading this garbage. Yes, you speak for all mediocrities all over the world. Not just CityData.

You sir, would be the idiot here in NYC whom would call a person of color Afro-American (and probably your favorite word "AfroCentrist") even though the peron is of West Indian, Island or even Latin descent. You sir, would lump all "Black people" in one box though we all have varying degrees of cultural makeup...some even EGYTPTIAN maybe....who knows but them? And sadly, idiot, you sir may very well be a person of color yourself whom should know better.
Please. You haven't even read through the thread and appear to be having trouble with grammar, vocabulary and the quote box. You haven't even made an argument- just engaged in ad hominem, invective, and...surprise, surprise...surprise...accusations of racism.

Claiming racism will not make you right on this thread. Come back when you actually have some sort of an argument. This thread is about honest dialog and, if you want to defend claiming Egypt (even as you, like all of the intellectually dishonest, claim out of the other side of your mouth that nobody is) then you have to provide evidence and not emotion.

With nearly 50 pages in, this is a wildly successful thread and hopefully will stand for years. I hope that hundreds of thousands find their way to it and see just how hysterical and incoherent the arguments against me are. God forbid that I tell the truth about something that I have seen.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
I'm surprised that we haven't yet heard about the Roman Senate being 1/3rd Black in this thread. All because there was a Roman province in the north of modern day Tunisa that was called Africa ( it's the Roman province that gave its name to the continent, not the other way around). I'm surprised that we haven't yet heard that Euclid was Black, cause he was born on the African geographical landmass.
I guess that makes Pieter Botha a Black man too, since he was born in Africa after all, lol.
Maybe even Eugene Terreblanche was a black man too.
But me an Mel have posted and revived some of the other extreme Afrocentric threads that have popped up on this cite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvl View Post
While I agree that Amhara and Tigray people definitely have caucasoid ancestry ( about half), I've never heard of blonde and blue eyed people being even remotely common in Abyssinia. They're not common even in much more obviously caucasoid North-Africa.
The Eurasian back-migrations that occurred in the stone ages effected even Uganda to a small extent. They penetrated that deep.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe33 View Post
They are there. You just got to look around. There is a lot of discrimination and prejudice there if you are different and im sure a lot of babies were tossed out if they don't conform especially in the tribal lands. The Derg were well known for just killing any white looking person that they could find so many died that way.
But those that survive are around.
I had lots of problems when I was a kid. I was even taken away from my family when we moved to a new town because the local school reported I was kidnapped. How can a white kid belong to black parents??
I can go on and on about this, but what is the point.
My kids turned out white. It was strange, when they were born they had curly dark hair and black eyes. But by the time they were 1-1/2 the hair had fell out and grew back straight and brown and the eyes changed to blue... I guess the European genes were stronger..
Jeez, I am sorry to here that.

I had a partner from Ethiopia that looked like a very light skinned Hispanic. Funny how genetics works out.

Another friend from Eritrea said that in that region, they actually refer to themselves as "the mixed people."

Old 01-22-2014, 03:05 PM

47 posts, read 90,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

Now how did I know you weren't going to want to talk about West Africa?
we don't have to talk about west Africa and we can claim Egypt all we want. kick rocks!

Old 01-22-2014, 03:15 PM

47 posts, read 90,659 times
this cachibatches person is OBSESSED with Afro-American people. going back to west Africans originally coming from east Africa: of course this is true and west African already know this! it was west Africans who told me this.

these back and forth about Africans and Ancient Egyptians are really STUPID. I would advise that everyone ignore cachibatches from now on!

Old 01-22-2014, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Princess View Post
we don't have to talk about west Africa and we can claim Egypt all we want. kick rocks!

And I can refute it all I want. This is my thread, and I hope it goes on forever.

Old 01-22-2014, 03:24 PM

Quote:
this cachibatches person is OBSESSED with Afro-American people.!
I am obsessed with people like you re-writing history. I will never fail to shine the light of truth.

Quote:
going back to west Africans originally coming from east Africa: of course this is true and west African already know this! it was west Africans who told me this..!
Then they were wrong too. Actually, the lake Chad region is the origin of most West Africans.

Quote:
these back and forth about Africans and Ancient Egyptians are really STUPID.
Actually, you just don't/won't understand them.

Quote:
I would advise that everyone ignore cachibatches from now on!
You are breaking my heart here, Princess. I mean. you are just contributing so much to the thread here by letting me know that West Africans told you they come from East Africa. That sure beats historical, anthropological, and genetic evidence any day of the week.

Here I was just about ready to throw in the towel in the face of your scholarship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa