Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-14-2014, 07:35 AM

94,003 posts, read 124,842,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
No, it showed that there was a much greater influence from North Africa and Eurasia...which is what you were denying in the last post...period.
Never denied any influence. I said that, but you denied the sub Saharan influence, which there was. Check out the Ramses III entry too.

Old 01-14-2014, 02:39 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,138,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Never denied any influence. I said that, but you denied the sub Saharan influence, which there was. Check out the Ramses III entry too.
Jesus Christ, read the thread. I never denied Sub-Saharan influence. But the very evidence that you posted shows that the Eurasian influence is much greater.

Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth. This anyone can go back and see what you said. You are really contributing nothing by dropping in and claiming that you didn't say what you clearly said.

Old 01-14-2014, 04:47 PM

47 posts, read 90,677 times
We became primarily concerned with Ancient Egypt because that is the only nation in Africa that Euros were hell bent on white washing and claiming for themselves. This fight became passionate for us to the point that we began to solely recognize this nation, admire it and identify with it being that we have African ancestry.

I wonder why Africans have a problem with our adoration for AE but say nothing about the "others" equal admiration for that that great, ancient nation; example is the obelisk located in Washington D.C.

Why you have a problem with one and not the other, African?

Old 01-14-2014, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
Jesus Christ, read the thread. I never denied Sub-Saharan influence. But the very evidence that you posted shows that the Eurasian influence is much greater.

Stop talking out of both sides of your mouth. This anyone can go back and see what you said. You are really contributing nothing by dropping in and claiming that you didn't say what you clearly said.
Stop with the fake controversy. You were the one saying that there was no sub Saharan influence in Egypt, but now you are flip flopping. I never said anything about another influence, but was showing that there was a sub Saharan/Black influence. You can do whatever you like with that.

Old 01-15-2014, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obsidian Princess View Post
We became primarily concerned with Ancient Egypt because that is the only nation in Africa that Euros were hell bent on white washing and claiming for themselves. This fight became passionate for us to the point that we began to solely recognize this nation, admire it and identify with it being that we have African ancestry.
This association with Egypt derives from pure Afrocentric propaganda, but you are honest, and I commend you. This allows for a very honest conversation.

"African" means people from Africa, and in that sense of course the Egyptians were "African", but American Afrocentrists largely have no blood link to Egypt. So you can battle over it all of you want...it is not yours. It belongs to modern Egyptians, who are about 90% genetically identical to the ancients.

It does not belong to white people either...except for the Greco-Roman eras. I have seen some take exception of the depiction of Cleopatra as white. Of course, she was. She was Macedonian with a drop of Persian. All the nonsense about Arsinoe's skull has already been thoroughly debunked, if you care to read through.

American Afrocentrists largely come from West and West-Central Africa. I finally, after many requests, have had someone engage me about a topic in that region. There is a great and long neglected history there that must be re-discovered. We must find out what the books in Djenne, Gao, and Timbuktu tell us. We must record the words of the griots. We must look for more castles of Gao beneath the sands.

Instead, we are arguing about how "black" the Egyptians were, as if it mattered.

Quote:
I wonder why Africans have a problem with our adoration for AE but say nothing about the "others" equal admiration for that that great, ancient nation; example is the obelisk located in Washington D.C.

I think you may have typo'd here. Do you mean something like: "I wonder why the OP has a problem with our adoration...?"

If that is what you meant, I can answer that. Adoration is not claiming descent, as American Afrocentrists do. Some on this thread have already posted threads in which I have in the past battled Afrocentrists who have claimed that African Americans are directly descended from Egyptians. No white person is doing that (except for the Greco-Roman era).

Last edited by cachibatches; 01-15-2014 at 04:11 AM..

Old 01-15-2014, 03:59 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,244,079 times
Shaka Zulu just doesn't have the mystique of Amenhotep or Nefertiti.

Old 01-15-2014, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
Stop with the fake controversy. You were the one saying that there was no sub Saharan influence in Egypt, but now you are flip flopping. I never said anything about another influence, but was showing that there was a sub Saharan/Black influence. You can do whatever you like with that.
Quote me. Where did I say that?

Old 01-15-2014, 04:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
But might Sundiata and Queen Amina?

To me, they do.

Also, Shaka and Ceteswayo are mean a lot to me. One of my favorites is THE WASHING OF THE SPEARS.

Old 01-15-2014, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Also, it may have to with who is enamored with the latter versus the former too.

As for another post, it was mentioned that there weren't Black people in Egypt. Here is the entry on Ramses III: Ramesses III - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 01-15-2014, 09:18 AM
hvl

403 posts, read 553,188 times
Quote:

Egypt was actually a part (conquest) of the Hellenistic world and then of the Roman.
Rome played an immense part in the creation of western european civilization so that was a case of Europeans caring a lot about another part of the world (not that far away from them, take a look at the maps) that was an important parcel of that empire that created their civilization.

As far as I can tell, my ancestors from various locales in West-Africa were never part of the same political or cultural area as ancient Egypt. I view Egypt as a very interesting ancient civilisation that forms part of the foundation of the western civilization in which I live right now. I don't think my own ancestors were particularly involved with it though. The only link that seems plausible is that I must have some ancestors who dwelt in the sahara with the ancestors of the ancient Egyptians.

I notice that those africans who actually have a proud civilisation to boast of, like the Yoruba, don't really get into this Egypt stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa