Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2014, 03:40 AM

4,660 posts, read 4,137,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
More and more anger because no one is supporting your Eurocentrism. No delusional describes your drivel properly. No one cares to make some connection between Egypt and West Africa. West/Central Africa is being discussed here, just not with you. We are focused our own cultures and heritages. Perhaps looking further into your own would serve you much better. But no, your posts are busy obsessing over other cultures and imagining nonexistent arguments. If you want to find Afrocentrists to argue with, go on one of their forums.

BTW, you have yet to point out any Afrocentrist ideology in my posts. All of that mindless babble and you produced nothing. LOL.

Thanks for the entertainment though!
What in the world? What specifically about West African culture have you or anyone else tired to discuss, other than the ten foot tall mud piles which were posted specifically to try to show a connection which Egypt? Which of the dozens of topics that I suggested has anyone tried to engage me on?

What about these topics shows Eurocentrism?

Seriously...is there something wrong with you?

Old 01-11-2014, 03:59 AM

Quote:
Both of you are spot on. Cachibatches is trolling, as done on other sites. Google the name and see what you find - scores of posts that clearly show a preoccupation with Egypt and such. He's angry that he cannot create similar arguments like those below here:

EgyptSearch Forums: Sinajuavi (Barros) (cachibatches) - sources

Claims about Iranian history - Page 3 - Historum - History Forums

Nubia Birthed Egypt - Page 7 - David Icke's Official Forums

Sub Saharan origins for pharaohs (new DNA studies) - Page 8 - Civilization Fanatics' Forums

Note what occurred in the last thread linked:
I have myself tried to obey the rules of the forum to this point, but at this juncture, after all of the ad hominem, straw man, and other garbage on this thread I have encountered, I am going to ask flat out:

What the hell is wrong with you?

Yes, I started this thread because I have been fighting against all of the other Afrocentrists on the internet INCLUDING ON THIS FORUM. I have declared as much in multiple posts. I have been doing so for awhile. Frankly, you have to be some kind of simpleton to not understand that this was the basis of this thread.

Many of the Afrocentric brethren you are speaking to have asked me to provide the sources for my contention. I declined, because it quicker for them to google the sources themselves, and better for them in terms of learning. You have provided it for me/them. By reading these threads, you can see those claiming exactly what I have been saying. I could add thirty more, some of which make it much more explicit.

In these threads, you can see Afrocentists explicitly claiming that the Egyptians were once a different "blacker" people. Please read through them.

YOU HELPED THEM FIND THE SOURCES THAT I WAS ASKING THEM TO GOOGLE. GOOD JOB GENIUS. I AM EMBARRSSED (have to explicitly say here this is sarcasm, because, well...).

And, you see one of the threads on this forum. Good. Many have tried to divert the issue by asking why I posted this here, and I told you explicitly that it was because I found Afrocentric thread claiming Egypt here. I have found several others.

Thanks for proving my point.

Old 01-11-2014, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
Thanks Caribdoll for exposing this fraud for who he really is. I always knew the OP had a hidden agenda.

Applause Crowd Cheering sound effect - YouTube
WTF? You are defeated and yet claim victory. When questioned why I made this thread, I challenged all of you to do a simple google search, which would have lead you to hundreds of these threads, and not one of you could even find the threads from this forum, much les the ones I have been involved in.

All Caribdoll has done is present my arguments for me. You are fanny patting each other because you have given up engaging me directly on the issues. Unfortunately, this thread exists in cyber space forever, and anyone who stumbles upon it by google searching the right words will see the truth of my words in this, or any of he other threads you have referenced. Hopefully, they are not as intellectually lazy as this crew and will see the truth in many more.

Old 01-11-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Both of you are spot on. Cachibatches is trolling, as done on other sites. Google the name and see what you find - scores of posts that clearly show a preoccupation with Egypt and such. He's angry that he cannot create similar arguments like those below here:

EgyptSearch Forums: Sinajuavi (Barros) (cachibatches) - sources

Claims about Iranian history - Page 3 - Historum - History Forums

Nubia Birthed Egypt - Page 7 - David Icke's Official Forums

Sub Saharan origins for pharaohs (new DNA studies) - Page 8 - Civilization Fanatics' Forums

Note what occurred in the last thread linked:

Also, I am not Sinajuavi or Barros. I have never met these people.

Old 01-11-2014, 09:22 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,202,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post
What in the world? What specifically about West African culture have you or anyone else tired to discuss, other than the ten foot tall mud piles which were posted specifically to try to show a connection which Egypt? Which of the dozens of topics that I suggested has anyone tried to engage me on?

What about these topics shows Eurocentrism?

Seriously...is there something wrong with you?
Quote:
I have myself tried to obey the rules of the forum to this point, but at this juncture, after all of the ad hominem, straw man, and other garbage on this thread I have encountered, I am going to ask flat out:

Yes, I started this thread because I have been fighting against all of the other Afrocentrists on the internet INCLUDING ON THIS FORUM. I have declared as much in multiple posts. I have been doing so for awhile. Frankly, you have to be some kind of simpleton to not understand that this was the basis of this thread.

Many of the Afrocentric brethren you are speaking to have asked me to provide the sources for my contention. I declined, because it quicker for them to google the sources themselves, and better for them in terms of learning. You have provided it for me/them. By reading these threads, you can see those claiming exactly what I have been saying. I could add thirty more, some of which make it much more explicit.

In these threads, you can see Afrocentists explicitly claiming that the Egyptians were once a different "blacker" people. Please read through them.

YOU HELPED THEM FIND THE SOURCES THAT I WAS ASKING THEM TO GOOGLE. GOOD JOB GENIUS. I AM EMBARRSSED (have to explicitly say here this is sarcasm, because, well...).

And, you see one of the threads on this forum. Good. Many have tried to divert the issue by asking why I posted this here, and I told you explicitly that it was because I found Afrocentric thread claiming Egypt here. I have found several others.

Quote:
Also, I am not Sinajuavi or Barros. I have never met these people.
Take the advice given to you by the moderator on forum posted:

And Asante90 and cachibatches, this site does not exist just to be yet another location for your online war. Please either take it back to whatever unfortunate forum first hosted it, or just get a room.

No one here cares to read through all the garbage in which you were involved. That's why no one cares to discuss anything with you. Those links show your obsession and desire to create arguments.

Old 01-12-2014, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Take the advice given to you by the moderator on forum posted:

And Asante90 and cachibatches, this site does not exist just to be yet another location for your online war. Please either take it back to whatever unfortunate forum first hosted it, or just get a room.

No one here cares to read through all the garbage in which you were involved. That's why no one cares to discuss anything with you. Those links show your obsession and desire to create arguments.
38 pages here, and "no one cares." Each of your posts is more brilliant than the last. Really.

Anyway, thanks again for "exposing" me by posting exactly the kinds of threads that your pals have been asking for.

Seems like this thread is winding down. Probably for the best at this point. 38 pages of people attacking me with ad hominem and straw man, not reading though the thread or even my initial post before they launch into emotional invective, claiming that they are not claiming Egypt or even have no interest in Egypt as they fight tooth and nail to claim Egypt, ignoring the evidence I have posted, posting evidence that supports my position, claiming that my positions represent what they were trying to say all along after abusive attacks, posting ten foot tall mud piles to show a connection with the pyramids and then claiming that they were not trying to show a connection with the pyramids, claiming victim status, playing word games, and the coup de grace, posting exactly the threads that have been requested again and again and claiming that I have been "exposed."

In the mean time, not one of you has had ANYTHNG to say about West Africa...well, except for the mud piles.

Really, I would be astonished had I not played this game before. And a the end of the day, I still can't understand why Afrocentrists, who yes, largely come from America, don't want to study their real ancestors.

Good job all!

Last edited by cachibatches; 01-12-2014 at 01:42 AM..

Old 01-12-2014, 01:11 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,202,982 times
Quote:
38 pages here, and "no one cares." Each of your posts is more brilliant than the last. Really.

Anyway, thanks again for "exposing" me by posting exactly the kinds of threads that your pals have been asking for.

Seems like this thread is winding down. Probably for the best at this point. 38 pages of people attacking me with ad hominem and straw man, not reading though the thread or even my initial post before they launch into emotional invective, claiming that they are not claiming Egypt or even have no interest in Egypt as they fight tooth and nail to claim Egypt, ignoring the evidence I have posted, posting evidence that supports my position, claiming that my positions represent what they were trying to say all along after abusive attacks, posting ten foot tall mud piles to show a connection with the pyramids and then claiming that they were not trying to show a connection with the pyramids, claiming victim status, playing word games, and the coup de grace, posting exactly the threads that have been requested again and again and claiming that I have been "exposed."

In the mean time, not one of you has had ANYTHNG to say about West Africa...well, except for the mud piles.

Really, I would be astonished had I not played this game before. And a the end of the day, I still can't understand why Afrocentrists, who yes, largely come from America, don't want to study their real ancestors.

Good job all!
Hahaha...more like no one really cares to converse with you! LOL!

Old 01-12-2014, 01:18 PM

45 posts, read 103,335 times
Quote:
Good points here. There truly is plenty information to study regarding African history, even though much has been lost. Just wanted to add that plenty people who were sold into slavery still descend from the same kingdoms involved in the trade. Those kingdoms likely sold others but probably sold their own as well for different reasons. Then there were those who were taken by force. The evidence of this can be seen in the African derived religions in the Americas as well as some records (definitely includes Kongo & Yorubaland).
True. That happened too, especially in times when the kingdom had depopulated the region so badly that they were unable to fulfill the numbers of slaves they had to sell as part of their obligation. Then it happened that some Africans would resort to selling their own people to the Europeans. I read this was particularly bad in some places of Senegambia.

And you’re right, we can see African religious traditions carried on to this day in places like Cuba, Brazil, Haiti etc... I love reading about Santeria, Vodun, Candomble etc...

My mom is Guyanese, and she told me lots of Guyanese folktales that originated in Africa: tales of jumbee (sort of like ghosts), baku (little people like pygmies who had powers), Anansi/Nancy the spider etc... It’s interesting that these traditions survived after all this time and under oppressive conditions.

Oh and if you're interested, you can PM me and I can share a short list of good African history books to check out. I have a library of probably 100 books, and some are available as pdf's.

Old 01-12-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
That is true. One of the fallacies that the Afrocentrists peddle is the myth that Europeans "stole" slaves from Africa. No they BOUGHT them from the Asante, Kongo, and various Angolan kingdoms, from the Yorubas (until their empire imploded and then they sold each other, or were sold by the Dahomey), and from others. Indeed the only rationale for the Dahomey kingdom of the late 18th and 19th centuries was to sell slaves.

The only thing that we can say is that apparently Muslims were less interested in selling each other as only 10-15% of the slaves came from those regions, even though these would have been the most accessible to the Americas.

I suspect that the slaves were mainly from minor, subjugated groups, those conquered in wars that the major states waged against each other and assorted "trouble makers" from within these kingdoms.

The point that the Eurocentrist, who continues to wage against everybody on this site (why I don't know), is that we don't have a linear connection to a specific region in Europe as do the whites of the Americas. So those of us with an interest in Africa take a broader view in that continent, instead of just focusing on the lands of our heritage, which can be anything from Senegal through to Mozambique. For instance your interests in Zimbabwe and, I assume the various Swahili kingdoms of East Africa, as well as fairly advanced groups who lived in the Great Lake region.
You’re very right. Back in those times, slavery was practiced across the world, not just in Africa, and Africans were just one set of people who traded slaves. With our 21st century perspective we can look back and condemn Africans, Europeans, Arabs and all the others for the horrors of slavery, but the fact is that it was an accepted part of life in societies up until the 19th- early 20th century.

So that’s why African kingdoms like Dahomey, Asante, Kongo etc... voluntarily traded slaves with Europeans; it was very profitable considering the demand of the industrializing European and New World economies. Many African kingdoms grew very rich and flourished by selling their enemies and subjugated neighbors. Sometimes the African kingdoms just sold the people they happened to conquer in their natural wars of expansion, but other times they initiated the raids to capture slaves.

The point about Muslim Africans not selling fellow Muslims into slavery is important. Besides that, I also read that it was normal for Muslim African states to allow “pagan” tribes to exist around their borders so that they had a supply for catching slaves if they wanted. Some purposefully made no efforts to convert them to Islam for that reason.

At first Africans didn’t see things in a racial sense like Europeans of the time (who in early times openly admired African civilizations; racism against blacks came after the Atlantic slave trade started) and even welcomed them. They had no reason to care about what happened to their enemies, and didn’t see them as fellow blacks. That’s how much of the world was anyways until the modern era. When they realized that Europeans were exploiting them and had colonial intentions, it was too late!

Since we of the African diaspora can’t pinpoint if all our ancestors were from the mighty kingdoms or the conquered people, the only thing we can do is look at both for a connection.

And yes, despite African groups living on different ends of the continent, if you look carefully you can see elements of a common culture that ties most of them together. I have interests in African civilizations from all parts of the continent. If there’s info to be found, I will read it even though I’m not their descendant.

Lastly, I think it’s sad that such a large focus on African/black history tends to be on slavery. There is much more to our history than that!

Old 01-12-2014, 02:10 PM

Quote:

haha right.

You can't talk your way out of this. The fact is a search was done simply with your username, and what comes up is a collection of threads from multiple forums of you engaged in these debates on Egypt and Afrocentrism. It all comes back to you.

This shows you intentionally seek out these controversial threads and even start ones of your own, just to get a rise out of people.

You tried to do that here, and when you found that no one is making the ridiculous pseudo-scientifical claims of these imaginary “Afrocentrists” you obsess over (none of us claim to be descended from Ancient Egyptians, and we’ve said over and over their society was mixed), you try to turn everything against us as if we’re enemies. Suddenly WE are the wretched Afrocentrists!

You seem to have some unhealthy obsession with Egyptians and Afrocentrists.... it’s bizarre.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Africa