Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-20-2007, 11:58 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,094,744 times

Advertisements

aiangel: You, your family and your situation are in my prayers right now. Sometimes it's just so hard to take all these trials and keep trusting and smiling. But many of your posts have meant so much! May God Bless and comfort you...Nana

tasmtairy: Please accept my sympathy in the loss of your mother. May the peace that passes all understanding fill your heart and soul today. Nana
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2007, 12:34 PM

190 posts, read 686,285 times
Dear Tasmtairy,

I am very sorry for your loss. I know you must miss your mom very much. I hope you will hold all the memories of her in your heart. My sympathy goes out to you and your family, especially your dad. God is the healer of the brokenhearted.

Old 05-20-2007, 06:42 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
Good Morning, everyone.

It just occurred to me (OK, maybe I'm a little slow) what a wonderful job this particular post/thread is doing. As each of us come here and read each others prayers, we, too, are lifting them up to the Lord. (Hey, maybe even the skeptics. Wonder how that makes them feel?) As I read each of your prayers, I pray with you.

"Where ever two or more of you are gathered in my Name, there so shall I be."

How wonderful to know that I am sitting here, right now, with someone whom I have never met and our hearts are joined in prayer.

God bless us all...

Weather...

AMEN
Ahhh, what a sweet post! You are so very right! It is so encouraging to come in here each day and read the requests as well as the prayers going out to everyone. It is so wonderful to see such a wonderful network of people that we have on here that are so eager and willing to pray for each and every person on here, even though we have never even met one another, and most likely never will...Kind of sad really, I would love to meet each and everyone of you wonderful God fearing people!
I love you all so much!
We are all truly blessed in what we get to experience here!

Blessings to everyone!

Old 05-20-2007, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
I ask for prayers for my family and myself. My husband is not saved and life can be difficult at times.

Today is one of those times.

I also ask for prayer for my oldest son, he is in rehab because of two dwi's and a moma who will not give up on him. Been there a month, and signs are indicating that he is learning so much. This place is not just rehab, it is a Christian rehab, a 3 month stay. His letters to me and his father this week have shown me the breakthrough he has needed to overcome many of his problems. I'm afraid the letter to his father has set him off and we are walking on egg shells around here at the moment.

thank you for your prayers, and know also, that I am praying for all requests on here, and for this forum as a whole.

May God Bless each of you

aiangel
OHHHHH...this must be such a trying time for you! I am so sorry that you are going through this. Sounds like God is really putting your family to the test...but never worry...you KNOW that it will all work out to God's glory

Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;

John 14:1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Matthew 6:33 But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:52 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Thank you guys so much. I am so proud to be called a child of God, and to be honest with you, I do not see how people in today's society can live without Him.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:01 PM

190 posts, read 686,285 times
Dear AIANGEL ,

I know what you are going through right now. It's very difficult to have a prodigal son. I know it breaks your heart. My grandson in addicted to heroin and has been in and out of rehab for the last few years. The pain the family feels is overwhelming. They are hurting and the drugs dull the pain, but they don't realize how they are hurting their families.

I am so sorry you have had to experience this, but our God is great, and He is good. I pray for your son to hate his sin, to hate the drugs and that old way of life. I pray he would have a desire for God, to turn his heart to the Lord. I believe Jesus can break the bondage and set him free. Jesus loves them more than we ever could and it breaks His heart also. I hope it will bring you some comfort to know you are not alone for I will be praying for your son. I pray you will sleep well tonight knowing God has everything under His control and He loves you very much.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:24 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Oh LilyBell,

That was so nice of you to share with me. Yes, it is hard, but not so hard now as last year when he was just breaking my heart.

God opened the door for my son to get to go to this rehab, they usually have over a month waiting period but we found out about this place and within less than a week, he was in. God's hand is all over this, and he is doing so much better, re-discovering God. He is a Christian, was saved and baptized at the age of 14. He is a good kid who had the wrong friends.

I pray for your grandson, it hurts so deeply and unless someone has gone thru this type of pain, they can empathize, but cannot understand the gut-wrenching fear we live with each day wondering what the day would hold for our babies.

Old 05-20-2007, 08:38 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Aiangel, we are praying as hard for you, your son and your husband as hard as you pray for all of us. In my many years I have come to believe through my experiences that no matter how bad things are, God has a greater blessing in the end for you. I think this may be the turning point and that wonderful things are in store for the three of you.

Old 05-21-2007, 01:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tasmtairy View Post
I haven't been on for a couple of weeks, my Mom passed away Monday due to complications during emergency surgery. My daughter flew out Tuesday and left yesterday. My Dad and my brother and I are devastated. She was 77 and I moved here 7 years ago to be close to them and I don't regret one minute of it. I will be posting now and trying to exercise again and go to work tomorrow (UGGGHHH). I have missed you all!!
I am also so very sorry for your loss Tas! I will definately keep you AND your entire family in my prayers. I can't imagine losing either of my parents...But, unfortunately, I know it is something I am going to have to deal wiht someday I almost lost my dad a couple of years ago and he still has ongoing medical problems and well, my mom gave me a pretty good scare just over a week ago
Anyway, my deepest hearfelt sympathy goes out to you!
Take care and keep your spirits up!

God Bless!

Old 05-21-2007, 09:37 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,696 times
"Great, Father, I come before you at this time to lift up all my brothers and sisters in Christ that I have met in this forum. I ask you, Father, to bless each one of them today with the knowledge that You are in control. I know, Father, that it is so hard to give it all over to You, but You are there with open arms just waiting to receive us. Father, it is difficult for me to remember everyone's names, but you know them and you know their hearts. Give them peace, Father. For all of those who have lost a family member, for those whose children have lost their way, for the addicted, for the homeless, for our soldiers and their families, for the non-believers and the seekers, Father, I ask Your healing. Give us the peace that only You can provide. And as each of us read these posts, I ask that you send your angels down to surround us with love and understanding. I pray that the Holy Spirit lives in each of us and guides us through each day and leads us to our eternal home with you. Through Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, I pray. Amen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality