Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-23-2007, 02:08 PM

238 posts, read 624,238 times

Advertisements

Just want to say thank you to kawg for starting this thread. I've been praying for those who have requested prayer on here (as well as many who haven't).

I have also requested prayer, through private message to kawg, and I know she has passed it on to a few. Thanks for all your prayers. Those who know what I'm talking about, please continue; because it goes deeper than just the details I've shared so far. Things are improving, but we need ongoing prayer.

I'd like to also ask for prayer for something very specific. We are planning to move to Missouri from Scotland in the next few months. It has been a hard decision for us as a family. And it has been a long time coming. We are excited about it. My wife and 3 of my 4 kids have lived in the U.S. before. My youngest hasn't. Although they're excited about the move, they're also anxious about it as well.

Anyway, tomorrow my wife, my second oldest son, and I are going over to househunt, and to go for some job interviews. This will be the only trip before making the move. So we hope to find the right house, where we all will feel settled; the right job (I can probably make a decent living being self-employed, as I have been for the last few years, but a job with the security of good benefits would be ideal); and the right Church. We will be attending my parents Church while there, and I know they all have been praying for us; but we're not sure if it will be the right fit for us as a permanent Church home.

Your prayers will be much appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2007, 02:09 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,263,159 times
Quick prayer request -urgent-

right outside my office here at the bank, bad motorcycle accident, helmet caved in and they are giving him CPR. Please pray.

Old 05-23-2007, 02:44 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
I hope I didn't get back here too late...but I did pray!
Oh Lord please let this person be ok. Let him come out of this and give You all the glory! In Jesus' name Amen

And PLEASE let us know if you have any update on him

Last edited by kawgpz550; 05-23-2007 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: added content

Old 05-23-2007, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightclan View Post
Just want to say thank you to kawg for starting this thread. I've been praying for those who have requested prayer on here (as well as many who haven't).

I have also requested prayer, through private message to kawg, and I know she has passed it on to a few. Thanks for all your prayers. Those who know what I'm talking about, please continue; because it goes deeper than just the details I've shared so far. Things are improving, but we need ongoing prayer.

I'd like to also ask for prayer for something very specific. We are planning to move to Missouri from Scotland in the next few months. It has been a hard decision for us as a family. And it has been a long time coming. We are excited about it. My wife and 3 of my 4 kids have lived in the U.S. before. My youngest hasn't. Although they're excited about the move, they're also anxious about it as well.

Anyway, tomorrow my wife, my second oldest son, and I are going over to househunt, and to go for some job interviews. This will be the only trip before making the move. So we hope to find the right house, where we all will feel settled; the right job (I can probably make a decent living being self-employed, as I have been for the last few years, but a job with the security of good benefits would be ideal); and the right Church. We will be attending my parents Church while there, and I know they all have been praying for us; but we're not sure if it will be the right fit for us as a permanent Church home.

Your prayers will be much appreciated.
Thank you wrightclan for the kind words. I have kept you in my prayers and will continue to do so! A little faith goes a long way . I will be praying that you find the perfect home and all goes well on your trip! Take care and keep the faith!
Dear Lord, You know the needs of wrightclan and his family. Please lift them up and guide them in the things they need to do. Give them a safe trip and allow them to find what it is they are looking for...whatever YOUR WILL may be, let it be their will as well.
These things I ask and pray in Jesus' name...AMEN

Old 05-23-2007, 08:02 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Praise be to God.

I got to talk with my oldest today, after not getting to talk with him since mother's day. Oh ya'll, he sounded so good. He says he is working with the councelers and is getting a handle on who he is and on his anger. I am so thankful to hear all this. He sounded so good! One of his room mates got saved last week. He said he is getting in shape, lifting weights every day and that I won't recognize him. I am just so happy to hear his voice. I'm so happy he didn't sound so lost and sad as he did the last time I visited him. Guys, the Lord's hand has been all over this frim day one. I have had a prayer team praying for my son for 6 months before he got in trouble the day before Easter. I was strangely at peace with all this, and felt God's presence all over it. The rehab we put him in has over a month's waiting list, we got him in in 3 days! All I can say is he is re-discovering his Christian roots, which is such a blessing, and is gaining self confidence in himself, overcoming his short temper and realizing how much he has hurt us-- in just one month's time.

If this is not proof of a miracle, then I just do not know what is.

aiangel~

Old 05-23-2007, 08:45 PM

Don't have an update yet on bad accident victim I requested prayer for earlier. Will probably hear something tomorrow. But I do have a personal prayer request. I'm glad there is somewhere I can take this because I'm not at liberty to share with anyone at church yet.Tonight was our music pastor's last night at church. He is moving to another city where he feels God has called him and his family. Here's the problem: My husband plays viola (like violin but deeper) on the worship team. This is a BIG part of how he feels he serves the Lord. The church leadership has decided that for right now they are going to not seek a new worship leader but rather use one of the young pastors who has played for youth. The problem is my husband says that this person sings so out of tune and plays so poorly that it hurts his ears just to try to stay in the room with him, let alone worship on an instrument with him.

My husband could just not play and be in the congregation but the problem is , as I said, he doesn't even feel he can do that because the musical quality is so bad. Worship is a big, big part of our church. So ... here's the deal: my husband is very depressed. We may be looking at finding a new church (which I don't want but ....it may actually be the Lord's will for us.)
Sorry, my explanation is so long. I'm just concerned especially since my husband just told me he doesn't plan to go to church at all next Sunday.

Please just pray for him especially that he not fall into depression and that the Lord make His will clear to us ...and also for the future of our church.

thanks so much-
Paula

Old 05-23-2007, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Don't have an update yet on bad accident victim I requested prayer for earlier. Will probably hear something tomorrow. But I do have a personal prayer request. I'm glad there is somewhere I can take this because I'm not at liberty to share with anyone at church yet.Tonight was our music pastor's last night at church. He is moving to another city where he feels God has called him and his family. Here's the problem: My husband plays viola (like violin but deeper) on the worship team. This is a BIG part of how he feels he serves the Lord. The church leadership has decided that for right now they are going to not seek a new worship leader but rather use one of the young pastors who has played for youth. The problem is my husband says that this person sings so out of tune and plays so poorly that it hurts his ears just to try to stay in the room with him, let alone worship on an instrument with him.

My husband could just not play and be in the congregation but the problem is , as I said, he doesn't even feel he can do that because the musical quality is so bad. Worship is a big, big part of our church. So ... here's the deal: my husband is very depressed. We may be looking at finding a new church (which I don't want but ....it may actually be the Lord's will for us.)
Sorry, my explanation is so long. I'm just concerned especially since my husband just told me he doesn't plan to go to church at all next Sunday.

Please just pray for him especially that he not fall into depression and that the Lord make His will clear to us ...and also for the future of our church.

thanks so much-
Paula
He will definately be in my prayers Kay. Just remind him that God has His reason for this...whether it's a new church or some other way that your hubby can branch out and serve God...God DOES have a plan
Maybe after listening to the "new" Worship, maybe they will come to realize they need something else and give your husband a chance to lead
Anyway, he will definately be in my prayers.

Dear Lord, you know the request that is being made from Kay. Please lift her husband up and keep him from being depressed. Show him that Your will, will be done here and it will be all for Your glory. Give him the wisdom to seek Your will instead of giving in. I also pray for Paula and that you will give her the strength and wisdom to lift him up and keep him motivated and going. Help her to keep him encouraged. Lord, I also ask that if Your will is for them to attend a new church, please lead and guide their way to the one You have chosen for them. If this is not Your will, then encourage him to stay strong and steadfast in Your word until he either goes back to his church or they find a new one.
These things we ask and pray in Your Son's Holy name...AMEN

Old 05-23-2007, 09:01 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Oh Paula,

I am praying in earnest for you and your family and for your whole church. I prayed for His will be shown to you and your husband and for your church to know God's will on this.

aiangel aka sandra

Old 05-23-2007, 09:08 PM

Thank you, ladies, I sooo appreciate it. It sounds like a small issue but I think you could probably hear the deeper issue-that I'm concerned about my husband's spiritual walk more than where we do or do not go to church.

Old 05-24-2007, 05:31 AM

190 posts, read 686,285 times
Dear KayKay,

I have prayed for the accident victim. I am looking forward to an update on his condition. Please let us know. Also I just read your post concerning your husband, and I certainly will keep this in prayer. Oh, how the devil would love to stop the worship music. God inhabits the praises of His people.
I realize it's not just the situation at the church, but your husband's feelings of hopelessness right now.

KayKay, let me tell you what happened at my prayer group yesterday. All the women had a feeling of heaviness on them, including myself. It was hard to pray. We just couldn't break through. Well, we all got up, my friend anointed us with oil, prayed scriptures over us and we started to dance and worship the Lord. Let me tell you how fast those spirits dispersed.
The heaviness lifted and we were once again joyful.

KayKay, stand up and fight for your husband. God has given you the authority to kick the devil out of your house right now. Girl,we are in warfare. I will help you fight. So now I am going to pray. Have a blessed day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality