Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2007, 10:39 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yorkie_Mom View Post
I am still in need of prayers, I felt so evil and mean, and hurt other people today, I am trying to quit smoking, and with so many things going on here it has gotten to be to much to handle. I am not at all like this, and it took a ten mile walk just to get me calm enough to where I wouldn't explode. I prayed the whole time I was walking asking God to please take the control that the cigarettes had on my life, and to please forgive my additude today because it wasn't me, and I teared up because I have a heavy load to bear, and so many different things going on, I need to find my place and the right path. I guess that is all for now. Thank you!!!!
Dear Lord, you know Yorkie_mom's needs right now. Please give her the strength to push through and press on. Help her to fight her cravings...I know how tough this is, and pray that you give her the guidance and the wisdom to seek YOU and YOUR Word everytime she thinks about lighting up. Please lighten the load that she has Lord. Take her under your wing and show her Your way. These things I ask and pray in Jesus' name...AMEN
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2007, 10:44 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,665,537 times
Oh Heavenly Father, there is so much pain and heartache within thse boards, and I ask you to lift those in need up, cradle them in Your loving arms and take away their pain.

I've not been here long, Lord, but the short time I have, I have been accepted and what a great way of spreading Your love these kind souls have. I ask for Your Grace and Blessing to be poured out to them, and I humbly thank you for their gentle teachings.

Through these special people, Your light has burned brightly, honoring Your Holy Name and bearing witness to all who come with a willing heart.

Praise and Glory are for You alone, with heartfelt thanks for Christ, my savior who willingly bore my sin so I might be acceptable in Your eyes. Thank You, Dear Lord, for all our blessings. Amen

Last edited by aiangel_writer; 05-22-2007 at 10:47 PM.. Reason: please, i humbly ask, no rep points..The Spirit of my prayer is freely given

Old 05-23-2007, 07:08 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,787,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aiangel_writer View Post
Oh Heavenly Father, I pray for Yorkie_Mom to be given the strength she needs to overcome her cravings. I ask for comfort for her as she carries a heavy burden. Surround her with Your love and comfort, bringing peace to her. I pray oh Father, you forgive her and shower her with blessings. I praise You Father for the creation of heaven and earth, and all things living. Thank You for Jesus, and the blessings we have received. In Your Holy Name, amen.
Amen! and Amen!

Old 05-23-2007, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
Dear Lord, you know Yorkie_mom's needs right now. Please give her the strength to push through and press on. Help her to fight her cravings...I know how tough this is, and pray that you give her the guidance and the wisdom to seek YOU and YOUR Word everytime she thinks about lighting up. Please lighten the load that she has Lord. Take her under your wing and show her Your way. These things I ask and pray in Jesus' name...AMEN
And again I say AMEN!

God bless us all...

Weather...

Old 05-23-2007, 08:23 AM

190 posts, read 686,285 times
Dear Weather and Yorkie Mom,

Father, I bring your daughters to your throne of grace today. They are in need of your sustaining power and comfort of your Holy Spirit. Lord, you said to come to you when we are burdened and you will give us peace. Lord my sisters are coming and crying out to you for you to relieve them of their stress, infirmities, and disappointments in their lives. I cover them with the blood of Jesus. Lord you are the Holy One of Israel, the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. You are the Lord that forgives sin and heals our diseases. We thank you Lord that we can come to you for help. We thank you that you take delight in your daughters. Father let them feel your presence today as they go about their daily life. You are the lifter of their heads. You are our God, and your compassion is new every morning. Please keep safe in the palm of your hand knowing you are still on the throne. Lord fill their lives with laughter today. Thank you Jesus.

Old 05-23-2007, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell View Post

Father, I bring your daughters to your throne of grace today. They are in need of your sustaining power and comfort of your Holy Spirit. Lord, you said to come to you when we are burdened and you will give us peace. Lord my sisters are coming and crying out to you for you to relieve them of their stress, infirmities, and disappointments in their lives. I cover them with the blood of Jesus. Lord you are the Holy One of Israel, the Lord of Lords and King of Kings. You are the Lord that forgives sin and heals our diseases. We thank you Lord that we can come to you for help. We thank you that you take delight in your daughters. Father let them feel your presence today as they go about their daily life. You are the lifter of their heads. You are our God, and your compassion is new every morning. Please keep safe in the palm of your hand knowing you are still on the throne. Lord fill their lives with laughter today. Thank you Jesus.
Amen!

I would like to personally thank everyone who comes to this thread. It is good to know that you are all praying for us. I would like to especially thank those of you who "post" your prayers here. When I read them, I pray them and lift them up to the Lord also. Sometimes is easy to read over someones needs and move on without actually praying. (Please note that I am speaking for myself only!) I pray for everyone on this forum at night during my evening prayers. And I try to take a moment to lift up individual needs as they come across, but for me, when I get to your prayers, it is especially satisfying. I feel like I am praying with you. I have never been comfortable praying "outload" with others, so I see this as a "bridge" to maybe overcoming that fear.

Thanks again. And God bless us all.

Weather...

Old 05-23-2007, 10:23 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,094,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilybell View Post

Amen!

And Lillybell, you, your daughter, and your grandson continue to be in my prayers as well.

May God bless each of you today.

Old 05-23-2007, 11:54 AM

740 posts, read 2,013,628 times
I would appreciate prayers for ScrantonWilkesBarre. He is struggling with his sexual orientation. He has listed his concerns on a religious forum, but there are those that are giving him instruction which is damning. I.E. God is only a God of love and peace... one that doesn't judge... however you want to live... go for it etc. People who themselves don't know the God of the bible. Who is a just God. But will judge eteranally the unrepentant.

I just hope that everyone here will pray for God to continue working in his life... so that he will give up the ....as he calls it, "a destructive lifestyle".

Old 05-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Hello everyone!

I have kind of a complicated prayer request for you

I have a friend here in the forum that really needs our prayers. She is having some MAJOR struggles in her life right now. I do not want to release her identity, but you all know how to pray for her . She is a Christian but is struggling with life's issues...

Dear Lord, I come before you right now to ask for your help, comfort and guidance for the person in which I am speaking of. You know who she is Lord. Please lift her up and give her more better days and a little less heartache. Through everything, she is still steadfast and strong in her relationship wiht you Lord. Please watch over her and lighten her heart.
These things I ask and pray in Jesus' wonderful name...AMEN

Old 05-23-2007, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibcwife View Post
I would appreciate prayers for ScrantonWilkesBarre. He is struggling with his sexual orientation. He has listed his concerns on a religious forum, but there are those that are giving him instruction which is damning. I.E. God is only a God of love and peace... one that doesn't judge... however you want to live... go for it etc. People who themselves don't know the God of the bible. Who is a just God. But will judge eteranally the unrepentant.

I just hope that everyone here will pray for God to continue working in his life... so that he will give up the ....as he calls it, "a destructive lifestyle".
Will be praying for him without a doubt...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality