Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2007, 08:00 PM

1,005 posts, read 1,889,285 times

Advertisements

Thank you for beginning this, Hoosier.

I'd like to request prayers for the successful outcome of a doctor's appt tomorrow afternoon. I have cancer for the 3rd time in 13-yrs & the surgeon will tell me my options tomorrow. I've been so nervous, I've been up all night for 3-days (as you'll see from recent post times! LOL).

I'm also having another foot surgery on June 6, so I'd really appreciate holding me in your good thoughts & wishes for a speedy recovery. All will be well, I'm sure.

Thank you everyone!... VV
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2007, 09:01 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,717,167 times
Just want to make a quick note that this thread was Kawgpz's idea. I started it for her since it needs to be edited from time to time. All thanks and positive rep's should go to this sweet sister in the Lord.

Old 05-14-2007, 10:56 PM

743 posts, read 2,233,443 times
Thank you to all of you who are part of this postive, affirming thread about the power of prayer. It is a wonderful thing to lift up our prayers and intentions, not just individually, but collectively (whenever two or more are gathered in my name).

I have a prayer request involving the financial recovery of my family. Three years ago, my husband and I took everything we had (plus a substantial home equity) to invest in real estate in the Northern Virginia outside the Wash, DC metro area.

At the time, the appreciation rate was about 20%, and had been for the past several yeras, and the economists were projecting the same for years to come. We followed the market (I'm a realtor) and the speculation....then we took a chance.

Unfortunatly, we got in a little too late and the market has completely changed. What initially was meant for a college savings for our three kids turned into the worst decision we ever made/possible financial ruin for our family.

It's soooo hard to believe this could be happening....we have the ultimate suburban lifestyle...a safe neighborhood for our kids...good schools...and we have made sacrifices to get where we are (paying off grad school loans, climbing "the ladder", me quitting my regular job to stay home w/ my kids, etc)..

But, this all can change in a blink of an eye.... because of these real estate investments, we are living paycheck to paycheck....

We are responsbile people (credit scores are still over 700), with a strong work ethic and professional. We value faith, education, travel, and pyhsical fitness, etc....

We just never thought we could be in the threat of losing it alll...

Please pray for our family's financial concerns and direction as to what path to take for our financial well-being.

Thank you so much for reading, listening and for your prayers.

Old 05-14-2007, 11:26 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,006,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
Just want to make a quick note that this thread was Kawgpz's idea. I started it for her since it needs to be edited from time to time. All thanks and positive rep's should go to this sweet sister in the Lord.
Ahhhh Hoosier...you did not have to do that! Thank you, but I did not need recognition for this

I would just like everyone to know, that even if I do not reply very much over the next couple of days (I am going to be pretty busy), please know that I will do my BEST to read this thread EVERYDAY and pray for each and every one of you!

Also, I would like to mention that the names that Hoosier added onto the OP are the names of the people that are willing to receive private messages for prayer. We realize that there are just SOME things that we would rather not say in public. Therefore you can choose whomever (on the list) that you are most comfortable with and send that person a PM and ask them for prayer...it will NOT go any further than you and the chosen "Prayer Warrior" .

Additionally, if there is anyone else that would like to have their name added to the list (and be willing to receive PM's for private prayer requests), please PM Hoosier so that he can add your name to the list.

Thank you all again for making this possible!
I would also like to take a minute to ultimately thank God for allowing us the freedom to Praise our Lord (at least for a while longer ) and I would like to thank all of the the wonderful people on this forum that are so faithful and loving.
AND, I would like to thank all of the soldiers and their families for the sacrifices that they ALL continue to make, each and every day, in order to allow us the freedoms that so many others are unable to to have. May God Bless every soldier and every one of their family members for paying the ultimate sacrifice...

And remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you,

Jesus Christ

and the American Soldier.

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Old 05-15-2007, 10:58 AM

508 posts, read 1,673,069 times
Hey guys -

Over the next two months I will be preparing my family to move from the San Diego back to my home town of Glendale, AZ. It will be a big change for my wife and children but it is for the best as we simply cannot afford to live here and teaching jobs for myself are all but non-existent. We will not be in an ideal situation as we will live with my parents in a home that my wife and I rent to my parents (kinda weird huh) until we have paid down our last bit of debt and purchase another home for us. I will be going out there tomorrow for a week or so to begin getting things ready for my family. We will be moving in early to mid July.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:08 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,500,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
My 40 year old daughter is having her second heart cath in the morning. She has suffered with congestive heart failure for about seven years. She also works full time. Thank you, and I will also pray for all who post here. God bless..
Update: My daughter is in recovery now and sleeping off the anesthesia, I will go back to bring her home later today..She just had a small blockage (no stent required)There seems to be no change in the prolapsed valve over the past three years..She is no better or no worse, so that is good news to us..Thank all my wonderful prayer friends here. God bless you all..I love you and God loves you more

Old 05-15-2007, 11:50 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,094,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittensPurr View Post
Thank you for beginning this, Hoosier.

I'd like to request prayers for the successful outcome of a doctor's appt tomorrow afternoon. I have cancer for the 3rd time in 13-yrs & the surgeon will tell me my options tomorrow. I've been so nervous, I've been up all night for 3-days (as you'll see from recent post times! LOL).

I'm also having another foot surgery on June 6, so I'd really appreciate holding me in your good thoughts & wishes for a speedy recovery. All will be well, I'm sure.

Thank you everyone!... VV
You are in my prayers right now! May you be filled with the peace and comfort of the Holy Spirit! Keep trusting in the power and healing of our Mighty God. And may He bless you abundantly!

Old 05-15-2007, 11:52 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,094,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue62 View Post
My 40 year old daughter is having her second heart cath in the morning. She has suffered with congestive heart failure for about seven years. She also works full time. Thank you, and I will also pray for all who post here. God bless..

I'm so sorry I just read this now - in the afternoon. But your daughter and you are now in my prayers. May the grace of God abound in your lives.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:17 PM

190 posts, read 686,285 times
Dear Happydawglady,

Thanks so much for your encouragement. God put me into a very deep sleep last night, and I know it was all the prayers. I'm feeling stronger today as I go back into the battle. Thank you for blessing me with those powerful scriptures.

Old 05-15-2007, 01:22 PM

190 posts, read 686,285 times
Dear KittensPurr,

I know what you're going through right now, and I will be praying for you to get a good report. Also, that the peace of God will surround you and keep you calm. I pray also that you can rest in the arms of Jesus tonight and wake up refreshed with a new hope for your future.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality