Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 01:54 PM

7,784 posts, read 14,891,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier_guy View Post
I wanted to give you all an update on my father-in-law's diagnosis with prostate cancer. My wife just heard from him via email and talked to him on the phone. He does have cancer. On a scale of 1-5 he is at a 3. He's discussing options with the doctors. My FIL is a very strong believer and a man of God that I am honored to call my dad. He lives in western Montana so it's not easy to get back to visit. Please keep him, his wife and our family in your prayers as it comes to mind. I know without a doubt that if he does pass away he will most definitely be in heaven...and for that I can rejoice. But I want him around here for a long time!! Call me selfish.
Selfish,

We're praying for you. You know I am facing a similar situation with my Dad, but I don't have all the details. He goes for his first doctor visit on Friday for an assessment of how we progress from here.

All I know now is that my dad has cancer...and that's difficult to type.

But our God is the God of cancer too, and I trust him.

Keep us posted.

Love,

Equally Selfish
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 02:14 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha8207 View Post
Selfish,

We're praying for you. You know I am facing a similar situation with my Dad, but I don't have all the details. He goes for his first doctor visit on Friday for an assessment of how we progress from here.

All I know now is that my dad has cancer...and that's difficult to type.

But our God is the God of cancer too, and I trust him.

Keep us posted.

Love,

Equally Selfish
Well, "Equally Selfish," I will also be praying for your dad. You typed that it was difficult to type that your dad had cancer. This may be just a bit of "charismatic weirdness" but one elder's wife at our church (whose daughter was very miraculously healed of lymphoma) believes that it is better to say that someone "has been diagnosed with cancer" rather than that they "have" cancer. (I know-maybe sounds strange but just a thought to consider as this lady is a very spiritual person.) Kind of the difference between "the facts" and "the truth" if that makes any sense.

You can just call me "weird kaykay" On second thought....maybe not!

Old 09-26-2007, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Well, "Equally Selfish," I will also be praying for your dad. You typed that it was difficult to type that your dad had cancer. This may be just a bit of "charismatic weirdness" but one elder's wife at our church (whose daughter was very miraculously healed of lymphoma) believes that it is better to say that someone "has been diagnosed with cancer" rather than that they "have" cancer. (I know-maybe sounds strange but just a thought to consider as this lady is a very spiritual person.) Kind of the difference between "the facts" and "the truth" if that makes any sense.

You can just call me "weird kaykay" On second thought....maybe not!
No, that makes perfect sense.

If faith is being certain of what we do not see (Heb 11:1) and we live by faith not by sight, then what we see isn't really reality. What we can not see is what is real.

Like when Jesus was asleep on the boat as the storm was raging. He could 'see' the reality of the storm wasn't what would kill him so He had to be woke up and had to calm the storm to let the others on the boat see what was really happening. They got to see inside Jesus' world, and it was quite calm. (Now I'm getting weird eh?)

Oh, by the way, my dad was diagnosed with cancer.

Old 09-26-2007, 02:27 PM

Quote:
No, that makes perfect sense.

If faith is being certain of what we do not see (Heb 11:1) and we live by faith not by sight, then what we see isn't really reality. What we can not see is what is real.

Like when Jesus was asleep on the boat as the storm was raging. He could 'see' the reality of the storm wasn't what would kill him so He had to be woke up and had to calm the storm to let the others on the boat see what was really happening. They got to see inside Jesus' world, and it was quite calm. (Now I'm getting weird eh?)

Oh, by the way, my dad was diagnosed with cancer.
Exactly. Whew! Maybe I won't have to start being addressed as "weird kaykay" after all!

Old 09-26-2007, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Exactly. Whew! Maybe I won't have to start being addressed as "weird kaykay" after all!
No, probably more accurate is that we're both gonna start being referred to as 'those two'. you know, when people raise their hands and make the little quote "" "" symbols with their fingers when they say it.....

Old 09-26-2007, 02:30 PM

Quote:
No, probably more accurate is that we're both gonna start being referred to as 'those two'. you know, when people raise their hands and make the little quote "" "" symbols with their fingers when they say it.....
ROTFL! Oh, well, you're probably right! What can you do???!!

Old 09-26-2007, 04:17 PM

3,927 posts, read 8,670,560 times
Alpha,

Know that I am praying for you as well as your father and your family. Please keep us updated OK??

And "Alpha" and "Kaykay" what will we do with the two of you?

Old 09-26-2007, 04:33 PM

2,222 posts, read 10,652,493 times
Have you heard of Proton Beam Therapy for prostate cancer? Loma Linda Hospital in California is the foremost authority. However, there are a few other centers across the Nation that provide this treatment. They are building many more facilities. It's painless too. Medicare pays for it and most other insurance companies, except HMO's. My husband had this treatment last year. If you or anyone else would like more information, please let me know. Beth

Old 09-26-2007, 05:55 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,722,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
Have you heard of Proton Beam Therapy for prostate cancer? Loma Linda Hospital in California is the foremost authority. However, there are a few other centers across the Nation that provide this treatment. They are building many more facilities. It's painless too. Medicare pays for it and most other insurance companies, except HMO's. My husband had this treatment last year. If you or anyone else would like more information, please let me know. Beth

Thank you! I spoke to my father-in-law tonight and he's reading up on what to be prepared for. He meets with his doctor and I hope the dr. brings that up. I will definitely tell him about it. Thank you again!

And KayKay we love you even if you are weird! We need a few religious nuts around here to keep us on our toes!

Alphaboy, I will definitely keep you and your dad in my prayers as well. I am SO sorry to hear the news of your dad.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:04 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
Please know I am praying for all of you!

I am feeling a bit down at the moment, so I'm sorry I'm not all uppity and goofy. But you are all in my prayers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality