Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-28-2007, 08:23 AM

3,086 posts, read 6,274,360 times

Advertisements

Well, this is my first post (I think) in this 1000+ post thread! But I thot I'd let everyone know that even if I don't tell you publicly, I do read this thread, and I am praying.. God bless you all!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2007, 04:11 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by june 7th View Post
Please forgive me for even asking this, given the fact that I am an atheist.

I have a very important professional decision to make regarding my patients and my job. I cannot pray for guidance, as I do not believe there is any god to hear what I have to say. I do, however, acknowledge that you all believe that he exists, and that you are heard by him. I honor your belief.

As an unbeliever, it is extremely difficult for me to ask you to keep me in your thoughts today. Above all, I do not wish to come across as someone who would send mixed messages, or is hypocritical, or in any way disrespectful in my request. I realize that there are those out there with far more urgent needs than mine. Mine pales in comparison.

I resigned from my job yesterday. Gave them my "two week's notice." I am utterly, utterly conflicted about that. My superiors are devastated that I am leaving...

I am merely asking this: That if, in your belief, there is a way to make the universe align such that I am able to remain doing what I love doing most in life, that perhaps that can come about. For the sake of my patients, (whom I care for dearly; more than words or thoughts can convey) because this much I have come to know:

When I think of the idea of what a god would be, I see it most clearly in the eyes of my patients...

Thank you.

-June
I have been and am praying for each one on here...

June, you will most definitely be in my prayers. I would have to think that whether or not you actually believe in Him, He still has a plan for you. Being the profession that you're in...I would have to say He has GREAT plans for you! Your work cannot be done...Please know that my best wishes and most heartfelt prayers are with you on this matter!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:09 PM

7,998 posts, read 12,280,448 times
Default An atheist's thank you

To all who kept me in mind today, and yes, those of you who prayed, I humbly thank you.

I decided it was best in the end to hold firm to my resignation. I am sad to have left my dear, dear, patients, but unfortunately, I felt it was best.

I am at peace.

With gratitude, thanks, and love,
-June

Old 09-30-2007, 08:39 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Father, God,

Thank you for your grace, your mercy. Thank you for always being there with open arms no matter how far away I fall.

In Christ's Name I pray, Amen.

Old 10-01-2007, 02:37 PM

72,422 posts, read 18,206,429 times
Thanks for the prayers for Christine,my grand niece,she is doiing just fine,happy,healthy,still doing her therapy,will post pictures later

Old 10-01-2007, 03:36 PM

224 posts, read 777,772 times
I want to say thank you to everyone for your continued prayers and also for just "being there" for us on the forum.

I know I keep asking for the same thing, but I just feel like we are thisclose to getting an offer on our house in Illinois. Can you please pray for an offer/signed contract? Every time I speak to my Realtor I get encouraging news. My house has been shown a lot since we've moved, and there are, as of last week, 3 people seriously considering it. My Realtor is doing everything he can to stay in contact with them, and to try to nudge them our way without pushing them away. I'm praying for an offer soon. Finances are getting very tight.

Thank you all, so much.

Last edited by taylor400; 10-01-2007 at 03:36 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 10-01-2007, 03:42 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor400 View Post
I want to say thank you to everyone for your continued prayers and also for just "being there" for us on the forum.

I know I keep asking for the same thing, but I just feel like we are thisclose to getting an offer on our house in Illinois. Can you please pray for an offer/signed contract? Every time I speak to my Realtor I get encouraging news. My house has been shown a lot since we've moved, and there are, as of last week, 3 people seriously considering it. My Realtor is doing everything he can to stay in contact with them, and to try to nudge them our way without pushing them away. I'm praying for an offer soon. Finances are getting very tight.

Thank you all, so much.
Have prayed and will pray! I know this is real important for you guys!

Old 10-01-2007, 11:41 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylor400 View Post

Thank you all, so much.
I will keep praying for you Taylor! God is good! He WILL take care of you!!

Old 10-02-2007, 07:01 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
Gracious Father,

I lift up all the afflicted to you this evening. Each of them need you in their own way. Our pains are deep. Many of them are unseen. You know them all. You know every hair on our head and your love for us is beyond measure. Father may we always reach out to you, knowing that through you all things are possible.

Thank you, Father.

In Christ's Name I pray, amen.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Old 10-04-2007, 05:48 AM

1,198 posts, read 1,531,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawgpz550 View Post
I'll be praying for you and hopefully not far behind! We're also trying to get out of Arizona and move to Texas. We're looking at Tyler and possibly San Antonio. Good luck on your move...I soooooo know what you're going through!
Thanks!! I think we are going around the Waco, Killeen, or Denison area of Texas. We used to live in Killeen and have been to Waco before too. We loved both cities. We have a best friend that lives in Denison, so we are going to look there too soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality