Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 09:02 PM

740 posts, read 2,014,464 times

Advertisements

Alpha & Hoosier I am sorry to hear about your dads diagnosis. You better believe that I will be praying. For a calming peace to wash over the both of you, and praying for guidence and healing hands for the doctors.

kawg, I am praying for peace, comfort and wisdom for you my sweet sister.

As well as all of my other cd friends needs. Spoken or not.
I love you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 09:23 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,793,816 times
Default A humble prayer...

Dear Heavenly Father, I come to you in the name of Jesus...

My heart is heavy and my spirit has been down. You know I haven't been right with you lately. I know your Word says to pray with the door closed so other's don't see one as boastful, but you also say to confess with your mouth one to another. So I'm putting this prayer here. If I'm wrong, forgive me.

Gracious and mighty God, my Father and provider, you know what's been weighing on my heart. Please, take my burdens, cares and worries as I cannot handle them any longer. Release me from my inner demons and the shackles that bind me, Lord. Free me from this pain and hurt. Forgive my tresspasses. You know I only want to serve and please you. Help me find my path, my meaning, my purpose.

Jesus, as I've read the posts today they've lifted me. Thank you for the kind, loving souls on this forum I'm fortunate to call friends and proud to be a brother in Christ with them. These posts have also humbled me. My problems seem so trivial to others. Lord, I lift up Hoosier's FIL and Alpha's dad to you for healing, comfort, peace and strength. They are godly men with godly children who serve you with all their heart. I pray for kittenspurr and her needs, Lord. Bless all my friends on this forum as they truly do strive to be salt and light in this dark world and show true Christ-like love to others, even me. Merciful Father, I ask that all the petitions on this thread be heard and answered in accordance with your will. I know you are in control and will be our shelter and our strength through the worst of times and will rejoice with us in the best of times.

Father, I praise your Holy Name. You are the giver of life and love. All things are possible with and through You. Fortify us with your knowledge and wisdom. Give us the words to reach those who need you. Give us the strength to continue doing your work here on Earth. Guide us, comfort us, protect us. Blessed be the Holy Lamb. The Lord of lords and King of kings. My Lord and Savior, thank you for all you've given me, much I don't deserve. Thank you for these trials... refine me with your fire. Renew the joy in my spirit so others see You when they look at me. Thank you for saving me.

I pray this in the name above every, Jesus' name ... Amen

Old 09-26-2007, 09:38 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Amen, Mams, amen

Old 09-27-2007, 04:21 AM

1,005 posts, read 1,891,737 times
I'd like to send positive, healing thoughts to those onboard who need healing of any kind, for themselves or their families.

I offer up prayers for safety & Blessings for peace & health for the thousands of Burmese Buddhist monks, nuns & civilians who’ve been protesting for 1-mo against impoverished Myanmar’s government’s doubling of fuel costs, which has hit the poor hard. The monks, wrapped in saffron robes & wearing sandals & nuns are unarmed. Police have placed curfews on them & disallow gatherings of more than 5 people, which the monks are ignoring. Their dictatorship has long disallowed freedom of speech, assembly & worship. Police are firing tear gas & live rounds overhead & locals fear a reprise of the 1988 protests when police fired into unarmed crowds, killing thousands. Although the police report firing overhead at least 8 people have been shot & injured.

Monks have asked that civilians not join them in their protest, as it’s too dangerous. Civilians, knowing these monks are peacefully protesting for their rights are joining them despite the dangers. A witness said "They are marching down the streets, with the monks in the middle and ordinary people either side - they are shielding them, forming a human chain."

Current reports differ from 2-8 killed & 100-300 monks as well as nuns & civilians being arrested, beaten with the backs of rifles & dragged away by truck, many covered in blood, some very severely injured. Local taxi drivers are trying to help the monks by transporting them to local hospitals for treatment & safety & asking for anonymity for fear of police retribution. It is feared it will soon come to a bloody battle, which will be most unfortunate for the unarmed protestors.

May this come to a peaceful resolution now. May no more be injured.

May everyone be well, today...VV

Old 09-28-2007, 06:24 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,715 times
Default Over 1000 posts

Hey, has anyone noticed that the prayer thread has hit over 1000 posts? I know that each post has not necessarily been a prayer request, but I think it speaks alot of the love and strength that we feel in this thread. I know that it gives me inspiration and hope every day.

Here is last nights prayer requests for Parker Underwood from his mother. He will be in surgery this morning. Please keep this family in your prayers.

Pray for God’s healing on Parker. Praise God he has had no infections and pray that they continue to stay at bay (one antibiotic has been stopped - vanco). Pray for Parker to continue eating. Pray for Parker’s procedures tomorrow morning. Pray for steady hands for Dr. Wall and his nurse. Pray that the chemo works quickly. Pray that Parker has no complications - headaches, pain, etc afterwards. Pray that Parker will start walking again on his own.

Thank you all for your faithfulness.

Much love,
Weather...

Old 09-28-2007, 07:15 AM

7,998 posts, read 12,279,193 times
Please forgive me for even asking this, given the fact that I am an atheist.

I have a very important professional decision to make regarding my patients and my job. I cannot pray for guidance, as I do not believe there is any god to hear what I have to say. I do, however, acknowledge that you all believe that he exists, and that you are heard by him. I honor your belief.

As an unbeliever, it is extremely difficult for me to ask you to keep me in your thoughts today. Above all, I do not wish to come across as someone who would send mixed messages, or is hypocritical, or in any way disrespectful in my request. I realize that there are those out there with far more urgent needs than mine. Mine pales in comparison.

I resigned from my job yesterday. Gave them my "two week's notice." I am utterly, utterly conflicted about that. My superiors are devastated that I am leaving...

I am merely asking this: That if, in your belief, there is a way to make the universe align such that I am able to remain doing what I love doing most in life, that perhaps that can come about. For the sake of my patients, (whom I care for dearly; more than words or thoughts can convey) because this much I have come to know:

When I think of the idea of what a god would be, I see it most clearly in the eyes of my patients...

Thank you.

-June

Old 09-28-2007, 07:37 AM

3,434 posts, read 9,746,970 times
well June..Ill do more than keep you in my thoughts..Ill pray for you!! and while you may not believe in God, thats okay..I do..and Ill pray that whatever you do ...youll find peace and joy!

and to all the others that have prayers request on here...Im keeping you in my prayers as well, Hoosiers family, Alphas family and Kittenspur..

Old 09-28-2007, 07:42 AM

8,672 posts, read 22,274,546 times
Ditto, June. I will pray for you also. I am also praying for Montana to have a safe trip to and from Boston!

Old 09-28-2007, 07:42 AM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,715 times
Heavenly Father,

I lift up my dear friend, June 7th, and I ask Father that you give her guidance today. She has a wonderful heart; a heart filled with love and concern for some of your children who are in most need of her care. She is conflicted Father. She feels she is unable to fully serve her patients in the manner in which she has been trained. I pray Father that you open doors for her today that have gone unseen. Make it possible for her to continue to work with these children that she cares so much for. I believe that they need her Father and I believe that in some way, she needs them. Be there today, in this place where June works. Make your presence known. Be with June's patients and with June's superiors. Help them to find a way for June to best perform her duties. Let her gift shine.

I ask these things in Jesus' Holy Name, Amen.

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Old 09-28-2007, 07:57 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,516,611 times
Prayers, love and hugs for you June..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality