Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2007, 01:57 PM

1,932 posts, read 4,794,128 times

Advertisements

First, I'd like to thank all my brothers and sisters here in cyber world for standing with me. You are truly wonderful.

Second, I'd like to let you know I'm still doing well. My brother is fine, really. He takes the meds and listens to instructions and he should be just fine.

Third, letting you all know I'm still holding you up to our Lord and God and praying for your needs. You are neither forgotten nor alone.

Finally, I'd like to put a request on here once again. It's a prayer for guidance, really. My wife and I are contemplating moving from our current living situation and buying a home. I wouldn't be leaving my area, just to a new home in the same school district. But I'm petitioning God, and hope you will seek Him on my behalf also, that what I'm contemplating is in His best interests for me. I'm just at the beginning stages on thinking about what to do and I'm not sure which way to go and I am asking for guidance. If you could remember me in your prayers, I'd appreciate it. Blessings to all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2007, 02:04 PM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mams1559 View Post
First, I'd like to thank all my brothers and sisters here in cyber world for standing with me. You are truly wonderful.

Second, I'd like to let you know I'm still doing well. My brother is fine, really. He takes the meds and listens to instructions and he should be just fine.

Third, letting you all know I'm still holding you up to our Lord and God and praying for your needs. You are neither forgotten nor alone.

Finally, I'd like to put a request on here once again. It's a prayer for guidance, really. My wife and I are contemplating moving from our current living situation and buying a home. I wouldn't be leaving my area, just to a new home in the same school district. But I'm petitioning God, and hope you will seek Him on my behalf also, that what I'm contemplating is in His best interests for me. I'm just at the beginning stages on thinking about what to do and I'm not sure which way to go and I am asking for guidance. If you could remember me in your prayers, I'd appreciate it. Blessings to all
I will most definitely be praying for you. Buying a house is definitely a BIG step, but is so well worth it! God will lead and guide you, but just remember that if something doesn't work out the first try, he has something else in store for you that will be better than you imagined. He knows what's right for us, better than we do! Good luck!

Old 07-30-2007, 02:30 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,518,681 times
mams, you will be in my daily prayers..I honor your humbleness and your steady faith that His will be done.

Old 07-30-2007, 03:43 PM

2,136 posts, read 4,789,957 times
mams, you are always in my prayers. I will pray for God's guidance in your move.

Well, I have been waiting to post this. I think I have been in denial since Wednesday, but it is final. I have told my attorney and now my mother, so here it is.

The court ordered that my ex-husband, son and myself all needed to spend some time before a third party (a counselor of my attny's request). We all did that. I spoke with the counselor after she had seen my son, but had not spoken with his father. She felt that I was on the mark with how my son felt about the move to NC and how he felt about his father. However, in a relocation case, she said that who the "better" parent is, is not always whats as important as what the child wants. There is so much history here, that I know you are all saying, "what's that mean?". I'll just leave it at the fact that my ex-husband is a very controlling and manipulating man and his hold on my son is very tight. Well, Wednesday the counselor call my attorney (a courtesy) and informed him that in her report, she would say that my son did not want to move and recommend that he be allowed to live with his father. Now, I still have/had a hearing on Aug 3. My attorney said that it is not out of the realm of possibilities that the Judge would not rule according to her findings and we could still present our evidence as to why the move is in the best interest of my family and why it is not in my son't best interest to live with his father. I have no doubt that this is what would happen. I would win and be allowed to move to NC with my son. But, if I win and force my son to do something that he doesn't want to do or isn't strong enough/mature enough/whatever, have I won? Well, long story short, I decided to put the move off for one year. I don't know that things will be better next year, but it at least gives me a year to prepare my son and he has some important things to accomplish in school this year also.

So, I ask you please to pray for me. Pray for my family. Pray for my son. I have some spiritual needs/questions also on my mind. I will start a new thread later.

Thank you all for being there. It is so good to have you.

God bless us all.

Weather...

Old 07-30-2007, 03:46 PM

8,672 posts, read 22,275,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weatherologist View Post
mams, you are always in my prayers. I will pray for God's guidance in your move.

Well, I have been waiting to post this. I think I have been in denial since Wednesday, but it is final. I have told my attorney and now my mother, so here it is.

The court ordered that my ex-husband, son and myself all needed to spend some time before a third party (a counselor of my attny's request). We all did that. I spoke with the counselor after she had seen my son, but had not spoken with his father. She felt that I was on the mark with how my son felt about the move to NC and how he felt about his father. However, in a relocation case, she said that who the "better" parent is, is not always whats as important as what the child wants. There is so much history here, that I know you are all saying, "what's that mean?". I'll just leave it at the fact that my ex-husband is a very controlling and manipulating man and his hold on my son is very tight. Well, Wednesday the counselor call my attorney (a courtesy) and informed him that in her report, she would say that my son did not want to move and recommend that he be allowed to live with his father. Now, I still have/had a hearing on Aug 3. My attorney said that it is not out of the realm of possibilities that the Judge would not rule according to her findings and we could still present our evidence as to why the move is in the best interest of my family and why it is not in my son't best interest to live with his father. I have no doubt that this is what would happen. I would win and be allowed to move to NC with my son. But, if I win and force my son to do something that he doesn't want to do or isn't strong enough/mature enough/whatever, have I won? Well, long story short, I decided to put the move off for one year. I don't know that things will be better next year, but it at least gives me a year to prepare my son and he has some important things to accomplish in school this year also.

So, I ask you please to pray for me. Pray for my family. Pray for my son. I have some spiritual needs/questions also on my mind. I will start a new thread later.

Thank you all for being there. It is so good to have you.

God bless us all.

Weather...
Tough situation, weather.
Sounds like you've probably made a good decision here, albeit a difficult one. I will keep you guys in my prayers. You too, Mark.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:00 PM

3,490 posts, read 3,201,958 times
Well guys I may or may not be on here in the near future because I only have computer access at work and I'm about to be a stay at home dad! But please pray that things go smoothly with my wife on her new job. And most importantly, pray I don't kill my children, since I'm about to be Mr. Mom to 3 kids, ages 4, 2 and 11 months!

I'm very excited about it, but it is going to be a change. I am also going to start school this winter, going into the medical field.

Please pray for God's guidance and direction in my life. God bless you all--perhaps I'll see you soon!

Old 07-30-2007, 06:53 PM

23,021 posts, read 34,397,699 times
Mams, I am so glad your brother is improving and I will pray about your house decision. Weather I pray the Lord will give you strength and direction. Jeff I pray for your family that you able to stay home with your children, how wonderful that would be. May the Good Lord bless you all as you seek His guidance and direction.

Old 07-30-2007, 07:07 PM

1,408 posts, read 5,098,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Mams, I am so glad your brother is improving and I will pray about your house decision. Weather I pray the Lord will give you strength and direction. Jeff I pray for your family that you able to stay home with your children, how wonderful that would be. May the Good Lord bless you all as you seek His guidance and direction.
Me too...May God bless all of you. You're in my prayers and in my heart.

Old 07-31-2007, 01:23 AM

2,800 posts, read 10,011,268 times
I will be keeping you both in my prayers as well.
Weather, I know this is a tough one for ya, but God WILL prevail and everything WILL work out according to HIS plan. His plan isn't always the plan that WE want, but you will see the light eventually...Just trust in Him!
Jeff, this will be a lonely place without you! I will miss reading your wonderful and witty posts! Please don't be a stranger...come say HI sometimes!

Old 07-31-2007, 02:29 AM

3,770 posts, read 10,579,709 times
I just wanted to pray for my brother who recently has filed for bankruptcy. He owns his own business and it has really been slow ,so filing CHAPTER 7 was his last consideration. I know and can feel the stress that he is going through.I just tell him to put all of his problems in the hands of the Lord and He will see you through.He has already had a heart attack from about 5 years ago and wouldn't want to hear of him having another.

I also wanted to pray for my brother's salvation,that he would have a closer walk with the Lord and that his eyes are set on the Lord and has the love of the Lord in his heart.

Thank you for listening to my prayers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality